Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
celticbhoy said:

I'll never forget my first concert , it was dublin 30.12.89.....i was just a boy and they played out of control & 11 oclock tick tock.....took my breathe away......

You were there?

OK, now I'm going to die of jealousy. Besides Out Of Control and 11 O'clock Tick Tock, that has my 2nd favourite Streets ever. In fact, it's my 2nd favourite show ever, right behind 26 December 1989. The bootleg is amazing ... :drool:

Axver said:

Awesome! I'm taking my girlfriend to that show, so I don't know when we'll rock up - I think we might spend some time around Boston - but I'm also planning on meeting up with a LiveJournal friend there too. Should be a good show for meeting people!

Also should be good setlist-wise ...!

sounds cool! i'm sure there'll be lotsa interferencers there, being the final show of the tour and all.... :wink:

as for 'lemon', it's rumored that it was rehearsed during the weeks leading up to the tour opener... i would seriously be shocked if it was ever played, though i'd LOVE to hear it.

Re: Lemon.

The rumour that they rehearsed it in Mexico is most likely fraudulent.

I'd love to hear it, though.

knox said:

Anyone here going to be at any Chicago shows? I'll be waiting outside most of the day for the last three, probably.

i'll be at 5/10 and 5/12! see you in the GA lineup! :wave:

*Ally* said:

sounds cool! i'm sure there'll be lotsa interferencers there, being the final show of the tour and all.... :wink:

Considering how many people may be there, I might just come along for the GA line ... :hmm:

just got in from work.......I usually join these things....

so what's the setlist tonight axver?

opening with "I'm not your baby"?

:wink:

OK-So I'm nuts, but I'm only 5'2 and couldn't see crap in San Diego on the floor. BTW, had friends in the GA line today, they told me at 2pm there were only 25 people in line-Guess that means people are conceding to the lottery process.

Stingray said:
One Tree Hill, Bad, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock all gonna happen tonight. I guarantee it :wink:

and am i the only one on this board who doesn't like lemon?

If you can make sure U2 play that, I would send you money.

And yes, you are. :madspit: :wink:

25 people in line at 2pm???

i call bs on that one

no offense to your friend

Stingray: I think so.

I'm listening to Zooropa right now. Not a great concert album, IMO, but an amazing album regardless.

Axver said:

Considering how many people may be there, I might just come along for the GA line ... :hmm:

seriously!! the GA line is always a blast... :laugh: and hopefully it will be nice weather in boston that time of year- warm, but not too hot! :)

i think zooropa came alive in concert

daddys gonna pay and dirty day never really did much for me until i saw the live performances

both of them on the zootv tape blew me away

if they would play dirty day live on this tour id be so happy

Gosh, it's a long time till September for me.

*Ally*, do you mind asking me what school you're at? I remember you telling me you were planning on going to study law.

JOFO said:
just got in from work.......I usually join these things....

so what's the setlist tonight axver?

opening with "I'm not your baby"?

:wink:

You better believe it. This is the main set, stolen from Larry's drumkit:

1. I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub) - Bono imitates a seagull
2. Red Light
3. The Refugee
4. Rejoice
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge solo)
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Acrobat
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Vertibanjo
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. KLM
14. Zooropa
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Grace/Scarlet/4th Of July/The Playboy Mansion/Pop Muzik/Love Rescue Me medley

*Ally* said:

i'll be at 5/10 and 5/12! see you in the GA lineup! :wave:

Sweet. I'll be on my own both nights, probably (though I might be with my brother and some of his friends on the 10th), so it's good to know I'll have a familiar...er...screen name in line. :wink:

anitram said:
Gosh, it's a long time till September for me.

*Ally*, do you mind asking me what school you're at? I remember you telling me you were planning on going to study law.

i'm at law school in NYC- about to graduate in may!!!! can't wait... :wink:

knox said:

Sweet. I'll be on my own both nights, probably (though I might be with my brother and some of his friends on the 10th), so it's good to know I'll have a familiar...er...screen name in line. :wink:

hahaha... don't worry, you'll meet tons of people in the line! and i'll send you a complete description of myself before the show, so that we can meet in person! :)

Any guesses as to the opener? Will they ever open with something other than Love and Peace again on this tour?

I'd say that the odds are 4:2:1 on LAPOE:COBL:something else.

I know I'd love to see them open with some random song that nobody expects. While walking to an exam today, I decided it would be awesome if they did a Zoo TV thing at one of the Chicago shows like they did last tour, but this time do it completely with Zoo Station and the return of the Fly (the character, not the song). That would rock my socks.

Last edited:
Axver said:

You better believe it. This is the main set, stolen from Larry's drumkit:

1. I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub) - Bono imitates a seagull
2. Red Light
3. The Refugee
4. Rejoice
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge solo)
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Acrobat
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Vertibanjo
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. KLM
14. Zooropa
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Grace/Scarlet/4th Of July/The Playboy Mansion/Pop Muzik/Love Rescue Me medley

well, that will finally put all the acrobat pleaders quiet.

I can't wait to hear KLM; is that an unreleased track?

does it stand for Kings of Leon are Morons?

anybody else see the link for bono sunglasses at the top of interference?

man id love to get a pair but i dont know if i could justify spending that much money on sunglasses, plus i dont think i could pull off that look...

ok that was a bit off topic, sorry

JOFO said:

well, that will finally put all the acrobat pleaders quiet.

I can't wait to hear KLM; is that an unreleased track?

does it stand for Kings of Leon are Morons?

Bono will sing MLK backwards in Swahili while Larry rants about how much Kings Of Leon suck. Should be an awesome track!

knox said:
While walking to an exam today, I decided it would be awesome if they did a Zoo TV thing at one of the Chicago shows like they did last tour, but this time do it completely with Zoo Station and the returt of the Fly. That would rock my socks.

hahaha.... you sound like me! i am supposed to be writing a paper right now, but all i can think about is the setlist! ;)

ok, seriously, gotta work for a bit or else won't be graduating next month... see y'all shortly!

Axver said:

You were there?

OK, now I'm going to die of jealousy. Besides Out Of Control and 11 O'clock Tick Tock, that has my 2nd favourite Streets ever. In fact, it's my 2nd favourite show ever, right behind 26 December 1989. The bootleg is amazing ... :drool:

Yeah travelled from glasgow for the show i got right in front of bono about 2 back from the barrier , and had the time of my life !! After pride i was pulled over the barrier and watched the encore from side of the stage , standing right next to paul mcg , i heard a slight 'rift' of 11 oclock before they started the song and started jumping like mad cause i knew they were about to play tick tock.....
it was also the famous show where bono said 'we're gonna go away and dream it all up again'......

a lot of people think it was the new years eve show , but it wasn't .....

jenniferheger said:
seriously, she sent pics of it to my cell phone

Can you have her get the setlist to you as the concert unfolds, by any chance? She could even call you and just leave her phone on to let you figure out the running order for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom