Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More..

Love and Peace
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - (He had a little girl on stage) Same as ANAHEIM 2
COBL
Beautiful Day / Blackbird
Miricle Drug - Bono says, "Doctors and Nurses are not paid enough"

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the video from rock hall of fame induction is on u2.com now, members area, all songs and speeches.

Axver said:
Please no WOWY. The 2005-03-30 performance wasn't too bad, but they just can't play that song any more. If it's not like it was 1987-1993, it shouldn't be played. The Popmart performances were an insult to the song.

oh, but the Boston DVD performance is soooo pretty- maybe it's just 'cuz it's every girl's fantasy to have bono sing that song to her! ;)

also, i was at the 8/21/01 London show, the day Bono's dad died... he was crying during the entire version of WOWY.... listen to that boot, it's heartbreaking. :(

Axver said:

I'm calling MD/SYCMIOYO next. But after that could be anyone's guess ...

Told you!

(Well, SYCMIOYO may not be after MD, but it has been at all four shows so far!)

RademR said:
I'm thinking we're not going to see any new songs...anyone with me on that thought?

Seems like I remember last tour they added new songs in on multiple night stays. (Chicago etc) So, maybe tomorrow night?

RademR said:
I'm thinking we're not going to see any new songs...anyone with me on that thought?

Nope. We've hit MD early, so I'm expecting something else to show up soon ... come on UTEOTW!

Axver said:
Please no WOWY. The 2005-03-30 performance wasn't too bad, but they just can't play that song any more. If it's not like it was 1987-1993, it shouldn't be played. The Popmart performances were an insult to the song.

While I dont disagree that live performances of WOWY are less than spectacular (especially Bono's voice), but the fact remains that WOWY produces an amazing crowd reaction. See Boston Elevation DVD for proof.

servo2005 said:
My friend has been a doctor for 3 year now and she makes less than me and I am a teacher (and we are underpaid)

Really?

My cousin is a doctor. He's starting to make a good bit of money now that he's out of med school. <-- that's where the money is rough.

Love and Peace
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - (He had a little girl on stage) Same as ANAHEIM 2
COBL
Beautiful Day / Blackbird
Miricle Drug - Bono says, "Doctors and Nurses are not paid enough"
SYCMIOYO

*Ally* said:

oh, but the Boston DVD performance is soooo pretty- maybe it's just 'cuz it's every girl's fantasy to have bono sing that song to her! ;)

also, i was at the 8/21/01 London show, the day Bono's dad died... he was crying during the entire version of WOWY.... listen to that boot, it's heartbreaking. :(

I think the Boston DVD is one of the most boring - not bad like Popmart, just plain boring - performances of WOWY ever. And I don't see how it's a girl's fantasy for Bono to sing that song to her - "I can't live with ... you". Yeah, great.

And I haven't heard the 2001-08-21 show, though I'm getting a DVD of it soon.

Axver said:

Nope. We've hit MD early, so I'm expecting something else to show up soon ... come on UTEOTW!

PLEEASSE!!!! If they played UTEOTW I'll be forced to buy tickets for the Vegas show.

btw, Edge's solo on BTBS during Anaheim II is ridiculous....as in its fucking incredible. Best yet, IM-humble-O

Starting salary for a doctor in NYC: $45,000
Starting salary for a lawyer in NYC: $125,000

something is WRONG with that... (and i'm going to be a lawyer, so i can say that!! don't hate me, please!!)

RademR said:

PLEEASSE!!!! If they played UTEOTW I'll be forced to buy tickets for the Vegas show.

btw, Edge's solo on BTBS during Anaheim II is ridiculous....as in its fucking incredible. Best yet, IM-humble-O

3 hours, 42 minutes to go before I can hear it! :hyper:

And we need some UTEOTW!

I wonder if they're going to add a new song after Sometimes. Maybe Kite? I'm operating on the idea that they're shelving Elevation, and saving Vertigo for later in the set.

zoo99 said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but the video from rock hall of fame induction is on u2.com now, members area, all songs and speeches.
Thanks for the tip!

knox said:

Really?

My cousin is a doctor. He's starting to make a good bit of money now that he's out of med school. <-- that's where the money is rough.

She's a neurologist (who sadly was recently was diagnosed with MS) who makes $33K

I'd be surprised if anything other than the songs already played showed up, which I believe is 26 songs, 19 of which showed up in each of the first 4 shows.

But I encourage the boys to prove me wrong!!!

Back
Top Bottom