Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOVE your avatar, knox!!! :heart: Rivers :heart:

i think we won't get the 'boy' songs tonight- they'll add back in WOWY, and *maybe* a new song (though i'm not holding my breath.....)

Axver said:

I actually think Pride's sounding the best it has sounded since the UF Tour ...

huh... well, i'm not a collector of boots, so your opinion is probably worth more than mine! i think i'm just sick of that song- maybe it's just ME who's tired, and NOT the ones performing it! ;)

celticbhoy said:
So who's going on the phone with someone inside staple centre

Anyone got the inside word ?

MikeSt's got someone but he's not sure we'll get everything from them, I believe.

Your source from the last couple of shows isn't there? Will they be at any others, or is it just too expensive for you to call if they are?

Axver said:
I actually think Pride's sounding the best it has sounded since the UF Tour ...

I think it def sounded better on JT tour. But it beats Lovetown & Elevation by a factor of 100, its on a par with ZooTV & PopMart I feel.

It's a song that gets old very quickly. Especially when having to stomach the Africa stuff as well.

*Ally* said:

huh... well, i'm not a collector of boots, so your opinion is probably worth more than mine! i think i'm just sick of that song- maybe it's just ME who's tired, and NOT the ones performing it! ;)

I guess what does it for me is that they are performing it how I want them to perform it - it has a clear, ringing sound. The Popmart versions are just so dull. If Bono could sing the chorus like in the studio, then I think this current version would be just as good as the studio version.

I really don't enjoy the Pride on RAH that much - mainly because I keep thinking of how the studio version is better. I wish I knew some technical stuff so I could explain why ...

OffAxis, that was hillarious!

Re: One; it was actually the first song I really remember that I thought "Hmm, perhaps I should check U2 out" after one listen. I'd heard other songs of theirs over the years (Mysterious Ways, Pride, Staring at the Sun, Beautiful Day) but One grabbed me. Then it disappeared off the radar for a while, and has recently returned as a favorite (thanks mostly to the Slane DVD)...

On a completely unrelated note, what was Bono drinking before 26 Dec 1989:

"On bass guitar, Tony O'Riley
On guitar, Michael Smurfy
Barry McQueen on the drums, ladies and gentlemen..."

timothius said:

I think it def sounded better on JT tour. But it beats Lovetown & Elevation by a factor of 100, its on a par with ZooTV & PopMart I feel.

It's a song that gets old very quickly. Especially when having to stomach the Africa stuff as well.

If I were to rank it:
1. UF Tour
2. Vertigo
3. Lovetown
4. JT Tour
5. ZooTV
6. Elevation
100. Popmart

Love the Africa stuff too.

Time won't leave me as I am
But time won't take the boy out of this man

I'm listening to COBL as the band is coming on...an omen?

hahaha.... at the 10/24/01 MSG show, bono said "on the drums, Debbie Harry!" ;)

should be started... i say LAPOE opened!!

Harbinger said:
On a completely unrelated note, what was Bono drinking before 26 Dec 1989:

"On bass guitar, Tony O'Riley
On guitar, Michael Smurfy
Barry McQueen on the drums, ladies and gentlemen..."

Wasn't it Michael Smurfitt and Barry McGuiggin? Eh, can't remember. I think the names were either of people who had gained notability at the time, or the pseudonyms the band had used at hotels ... not sure. Wow, this was a useless reply.

Well, no omen, I suppose.

I wonder if they're just going to keep LAPOE as the opener. I'd love the opener to rotate, frankly, to keep us on our toes.

knox said:
Well, no omen, I suppose.

I wonder if they're just going to keep LAPOE as the opener. I'd love the opener to rotate, frankly, to keep us on our toes.

Agreed. If they bring back COBL tomorrow, I won't be surprised. I bet that in cities with more than two shows - i.e. Boston and Chicago this leg - they will alternate their openers.

Re: Re: Love and Peace

Axver said:

Coolness! Do you have a source there?

Yes. He just sent me a picture from his phone with the caption LOVE AND PEACE.

I dont know if he will be sending me all the songs.

Back
Top Bottom