Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harbinger said:
Axver, I forgot about that poem into streets... very moving. The ohter intro that I personally find breathtaking is the one on the boston DVD... :drool:

At least the Africa intro on this tour is getting a bit better...

It's not really a poem as much as it is scripture. It is from "The Message" which is an "updated" version of the Bible that is much more poetic in today's language. It is not "canonized" but it is highly regarded. Pretty interesting.

knox said:
So what do you tapers do to get good recordings, anyway?

Ok well to get the best recording possible, you simply bribe Joe into letting you plug directly into the output of the Soundboard. Go from there. Hehehehe. Acutally there are a few things you do. First is get the gear. I use a set of stealth binaural mic's. Then use either my MD recorder or My buddies DAT. The most important thing is to find a good spot where you can record from. You also have to find a good spot on your body to place the mic's. I place them on my hat between the bill and the cap (Helps shield background noise). Then, and this is key, you watch the show without moving much and without talking (hence why I will not tape when my wife is there).

That is about it, or at least as much as I will say now cause I am really tired.

OffAxis said:

It's not really a poem as much as it is scripture. It is from "The Message" which is an "updated" version of the Bible that is much more poetic in today's language. It is not "canonized" but it is highly regarded. Pretty interesting.

Er, no, you're thinking of something else. You're talking about Psalm 116 on Elevation. We were talking about William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence, which was snippeted on 26 December 1989.

Axver said:

Er, no, you're thinking of something else. You're talking about Psalm 116 on Elevation. We were talking about William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence, which was snippeted on 26 December 1989.

I'm an idiot! No surprise there. :D After I wrote it I realized you guys were talking about another intro.

Back to your regularly scheduled U2 banter.

Harbinger said:
I'd rather see an odler song be replaced with Crumbs.. Pride, for instance (though I'm not sure about the Crumbs--> Streets transiton...

Yeah, I'd go for Crumbs instead of Pride. Open the encore with Streets and follow it with Crumbs and One.

Axver said:

You're mad. Crumbs is my second favourite song off HTDAAB, but you're mad.

:coocoo: No one's denying that but I still want to hear Crumbs and if I have to sacrifice City - so be it.

OffAxis said:

I'm an idiot! No surprise there. :D After I wrote it I realized you guys were talking about another intro.

Back to your regularly scheduled U2 banter.

Actually, once I posted, I realised that the Psalm 116 intro WAS mentioned in the post and could have been read as being described as a poem, so ...

Well, at least now we're all clear on what's what!

Axver said:

I think they were talking about Psalm 116 and the form that Bono read/spoke it on the DVD (I might be wrong).

Not to make things even more confusing, but Bono's reading of "Introduction to Songs of Experience" found on the Complete U2 always seemed to me to be a natural lead in to streets (lyrically, if not musically).

R8drgurl said:

:coocoo: No one's denying that but I still want to hear Crumbs and if I have to sacrifice City - so be it.

City's the best song U2 has made since Heartland in my opinion, so cutting it for Crumbs is indeed mad.

Cut Pride or One for Crumbs, I say.

Harbinger said:
Not to make things even more confusing, but Bono's reading of "Introduction to Songs of Experience" found on the Complete U2 always seemed to me to be a natural lead in to streets (lyrically, if not musically).

That was awesome. A member here (Canadiens1160 I believe) made a mix of Beautiful Ghost and Streets - Beautiful Streets - that's simply outstanding and would be incredible live, especially if MLK could be worked in somehow.

timothius said:
Replace Pride with anything, even Crumbs.

What are the odds on a new inclusion tonight?

Pretty good, I say. We've had new songs at three out of four concerts and we know they have Stuck, UTEOTW, I Will Follow, and Out Of Control up their sleeves.

timothius said:
Replace Pride with anything, even Crumbs.

i agree!!! 'pride' is sounding really tired these days... but i still LOVE U2!!! (don't want to turn this into a bitch-thread!)

7 mins to go... :drool:

Harbinger said:
I'd be surprised if they cut One for Crumbs... especially with the ONE campaign. I think that will be played at most, if not all, shows on tis tour.

Yeah, I'm expecting One at every show for probably as long as U2 tour. I'm just not as fanatical about it as some, so I'd rather see Crumbs. They may play Crumbs, but at the expense of One? Heh, not likely!

Harbinger said:
I'd be surprised if they cut One for Crumbs... especially with the ONE campaign. I think that will be played at most, if not all, shows on tis tour.

Yea I think One will be a keeper all tour.

captredwing said:
where does one get a boot?

Well a lot of people usually buy a pair rather than one, but a one legged person probably would want just "a" boot.

You can purchase them at most department stores and shoe stores. I must warn you though, they will probably make you buy a pair. [/ridiculously dumb humor]

*Ally* said:

i agree!!! 'pride' is sounding really tired these days... but i still LOVE U2!!! (don't want to turn this into a bitch-thread!)

7 mins to go... :drool:

I actually think Pride's sounding the best it has sounded since the UF Tour ...

Back
Top Bottom