Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mthom said:

Maybe I missed song #2 and #3. I will text message him.

SBS after NYD right now.

Considering the time between your LAPOE and Electric Co. reports, it didn't seem like you had missed anything to me ...

MTEdge said:

So what about starting salaries!! After five years, a doctor who's specialized is making anywhere between $300k and $500k per year for life. That lawyer making $125k first year maxes out at $250k in eight years. More importantly, not all lawyers make $125k first year, most make much less than $45k. Don't misrepresent the facts is all I'm saying. :wink:

ok, true... but, not all doctors will specialize and make $300K. additionally, the lawyer making $125K might eventually make partner, in which case he/she will take home over $1 million per year (i think only Beverly Hills plastic surgeons will ever make that much- lol!)

And yes, this is the extreme- these figures represent lawyers working for big corporate law firms in NYC. The human rights lawyers/public defenders/ACLU attorneys make about $40K.

anyway, enough talk about lawyers and money!!! ick! back to the IMPORTANT THING: U2'S SETLIST!!!! ;)

i am thinking they are going to play nothing else new tonight, sadly...

RademR said:
I want Bono to get the lyrics right for "The Fly", it's one of strongest lyric, and he needs to nail it down.

But I like how he basically freestyles "Zoo Station" every night, pretty funny sometimes.

I'm ready for the button, ready for the flash.
Ready to say "I'll do it for the cash...."

LMAO i love that ahh Bono and his freestyling lyrics...:dance:

*Ally* said:

dude, i must have met you! i was on edge's side in the front of the heart... was one of the 3 american girls there... Amazingly powerful show. i just remember how SERIOUS they all were when they walked out.... wow. :(

Yeah i was there with a group of 4 american girls and a few UK guys , did you go to all 4 shows ?
You might remember me i was the tall scotsman......

Although I don't think U2.com has the actual setlist YET...it's possible for someone to get the setlist (or at least part of it). When the camera focused on Larry turns at an angle, you might be able to get the whole setlist. It happened Friday night in Anaheim, and it took everything in my power not to read it (wanted the surprise of each song). So, although it's pretty unlikely (and it would suck too) that U2.com has it, I suppose it is possible.

Love and Peace
Vertigo - (No Confimation)
Elevation - ( No Confirmation)
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky

By the way... I am listening on my speaker phone and it sounds great!

celticbhoy said:

Yeah i was there with a group of 4 american girls and a few UK guys , did you go to all 4 shows ?
You might remember me i was the tall scotsman......

i remember you guys! no, i just went to the 21st and 22nd... then slane on the 25th. yet again, i will say that it's a small world of U2 fans... ;)

It seems highly likely to me that U2.com would have it (after all, I'm sure there are multiple copies floating around amongst the crew at the venue), but it seems even more unlikely that the only change they would make to the entire damn set would be to drop "One".

knox said:

Sometimes I think he should pull somebody up from the first row to help him with the lyrics.

It's really time for him to be using a teleprompter. Hell, Bruce Springsteen uses one and that guy is legendary for having so much music "on call" in that noggin' of his.

I noticed at Anaheim, Bono did have a little sheet music stand with some notes or lyrics at the base of his mic stand, but i think it was just notes about his "Pope Story." It certainly wans't the lyrics to "40."

T.B.

The U2.com set is rubbish. Ignore it.

One will be played every night this tour.

When U2.com can spell 'ellipse', I'll be more likely to trust them. AND when I get my membership card...

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands that Built America
Running to Stand Still

looks like they're back to static setlists.

ah well, the fun times were good, even if short-lived.

Partyslammer said:

It's really time for him to be using a teleprompter. Hell, Bruce Springsteen uses one and that guy is legendary for having so much music "on call" in that noggin' of his.

I noticed at Anaheim, Bono did have a little sheet music stand with some notes or lyrics at the base of his mic stand, but i think it was just notes about his "Pope Story." It certainly wans't the lyrics to "40."

T.B.

I can't believe he can't remember the lyrics to the songs. How hard can it be? Alright, so I have a very above average memory (353 digits of Pi, anyone?), but still ... compared to what the other three have to do, it's not that hard! Get with the programme, Bono.

Zoomerang96 said:
looks like they're back to static setlists.

ah well, the fun times were good, even if short-lived.

Yep. Our only hope now is Bono getting the words to Zoo Station and The Fly right.

walkon11 said:
Although I don't think U2.com has the actual setlist YET...it's possible for someone to get the setlist (or at least part of it). When the camera focused on Larry turns at an angle, you might be able to get the whole setlist. It happened Friday night in Anaheim, and it took everything in my power not to read it (wanted the surprise of each song). So, although it's pretty unlikely (and it would suck too) that U2.com has it, I suppose it is possible.

If you have GAs, you can easily see the setlist well before the opening band taped all around the mixing desk area. It was kind of funny on opening night, I wandered over there and I glanced at it and saw NYD and SBS on the set and kind of groaned thinking after hearing what was played at the rehearsals, they'd give those two warhorses a rest for some of this tour. Luckily, the were both decent performances of those songs.

T.B.

Well i hope he can get the words to The Fly right...
Zoo Station i like the element of surprise about what lyrics he will come up with...lol :wink:

too bad that they're not mixing it up... i guess they found a core that they like, and maybe they want to go over it a few times?

i still hope that tomorrow we'll hear something unexpected! *fingers crossed*

btw, thanks to those who are receiving the live updates for posting! :)

Back
Top Bottom