Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* said:

oh, but the Boston DVD performance is soooo pretty- maybe it's just 'cuz it's every girl's fantasy to have bono sing that song to her! ;)

also, i was at the 8/21/01 London show, the day Bono's dad died... he was crying during the entire version of WOWY.... listen to that boot, it's heartbreaking. :(

What a great show , i was lucky enough to be front and centre for that show and shook hands with bono at the end , he was fighting back the tears throughout that show , from kite to wowy to one......

Well i still like WOWY!...i like hearing the crowd singing along in the background...its a great song and i hope it gets played more :dance:

Axver said:
Please no WOWY. The 2005-03-30 performance wasn't too bad, but they just can't play that song any more. If it's not like it was 1987-1993, it shouldn't be played. The Popmart performances were an insult to the song.

Personally, I thought the versions of 1993 were horrible with Bono using the McPhisto voice for it. And it had no climax in the end. However, the 1992 version was beautiful I will say that.

As far as Popmart and Elevation, I didnt see anything wrong with them. If anything, they were even more climactic in the end. The Lovetown versions show it in top vintage form. The Joshua Tree tour didnt see Bono "sing" it as well. When Lovetown came around, he had it down.

servo: You're right, that's very low, and way below the average, if Ally's right.

How's this: pay young doctors more! :wink:

Love and Peace
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - (He had a little girl on stage) Same as ANAHEIM 2
COBL
Beautiful Day / Blackbird
Miricle Drug - Bono says, "Doctors and Nurses are not paid enough"
SYCMIOYO
NYD

U2.com setlist is wrong am i mistaken or didn't someone say Electric co was second and that they haven't played Vertigo yet?

*Ally* said:
Starting salary for a doctor in NYC: $45,000
Starting salary for a lawyer in NYC: $125,000

something is WRONG with that... (and i'm going to be a lawyer, so i can say that!! don't hate me, please!!)

That's because the lawyers are all busy defending the doctors from myriad malpractice suits.....they need the higher compensation level. :)

Doctors do seem to have their salaries grow and grow, though....as they should.

I'll need a doctor if U2 play UTEOTW, will need a pill to cure my joy. That sounds so corny, but it's staying!

LOL! U2.com already has posted the fucking setlist for tonight's show. Based on what's being reported, I don't think it's correct but jeeze guys, nothing like jumping the gun.

As listed:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Pride in the name of love
Where the Streets Have No Name
All Because of You
Yahweh
‘40’

T.B.

celticbhoy said:

What a great show , i was lucky enough to be front and centre for that show and shook hands with bono at the end , he was fighting back the tears throughout that show , from kite to wowy to one......

dude, i must have met you! i was on edge's side in the front of the heart... was one of the 3 american girls there... Amazingly powerful show. i just remember how SERIOUS they all were when they walked out.... wow. :(

knox said:
servo: You're right, that's very low, and way below the average, if Ally's right.

Invest in the youth...young teachers and doctors....we're helping the future!

(been teaching for 5 years and already drained....but then again I'm Irish and a workaholic)

*Ally* said:
Starting salary for a doctor in NYC: $45,000
Starting salary for a lawyer in NYC: $125,000

something is WRONG with that... (and i'm going to be a lawyer, so i can say that!! don't hate me, please!!)

So what about starting salaries!! After five years, a doctor who's specialized is making anywhere between $300k and $500k per year for life. That lawyer making $125k first year maxes out at $250k in eight years. More importantly, not all lawyers make $125k first year, most make much less than $45k. Don't misrepresent the facts is all I'm saying. :wink:

chanfle98 said:
Los Angeles, Show One

The band were in Los Angeles tonight, here’s the set list.

Full report to follow.

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh
‘40’
that's bogus where's "One"?

PhoenixGNX said:

Personally, I thought the versions of 1993 were horrible with Bono using the McPhisto voice for it. And it had no climax in the end. However, the 1992 version was beautiful I will say that.

As far as Popmart and Elevation, I didnt see anything wrong with them. If anything, they were even more climactic in the end. The Lovetown versions show it in top vintage form. The Joshua Tree tour didnt see Bono "sing" it as well. When Lovetown came around, he had it down.

I thought the MacPhisto versions were pretty good, especially coming out of Lemon.

The Popmart versions stank. Royally. Bono couldn't sing it at all. I believe typhoon said it best with (paraphrased) "all the performances were bad, except for Sarajevo, which was so bad it was good".

The Joshua Tree Tour versions were incredible, especially when they did the snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart. 29 April 1987, for example, is simply majestic.

knox said:

agreed! and teachers! :)

i can't believe that U2.com posted the setlist... wankers!

angel_28 said:
U2.com setlist is wrong am i mistaken or didn't someone say Electric co was second and that they haven't played Vertigo yet?

it's exactly like the anaheim 2 setlist except there's no one, which i highly doubt

:eyebrow:

I'm a little surprised they're posting the list while the show is still going on. It seems a little off to me. It's also the exact same setlist as April 2, which is something they haven't done yet.

<edit>I take that back: no ONE. Is somebody paying attention to this thread tonight? :ohmy:</edit>

Can our source verify the Vertigo/Elevation claim?

Last edited:
Partyslammer said:
LOL! U2.com already has posted the fucking setlist for tonight's show. Based on what's being reported, I don't think it's correct but jeeze guys, nothing like jumping the gun.

As listed:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh
‘40’

T.B.

:laugh: U2.com is such a joke. They don't even list Yahweh for opening night, do they? Morons.

I want Bono to get the lyrics right for "The Fly", it's one of strongest lyric, and he needs to nail it down.

But I like how he basically freestyles "Zoo Station" every night, pretty funny sometimes.

I'm ready for the button, ready for the flash.
Ready to say "I'll do it for the cash...."

knox said:
:eyebrow:

I'm a little surprised they're posting the list while the show is still going on. It seems a little off to me. It's also the exact same setlist as April 2, which is something they haven't done yet.

Can our source verify the Vertigo/Elevation claim?

Maybe I missed song #2 and #3. I will text message him.

SBS after NYD right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom