Looks like I won't be seeing U2 this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Well this looks like the first U2 tour I will miss since 1985. I tried to get tickets for the 3 English Concerts between 9.20am and 12.20am and absolutely no luck whatsoever. Really was a frustrating day. When I went on the web it either said too many users or when I did get through there were no standing tickets left. When I tried on the phone it said the network was too busy try later, when I tried later same message over and over then when I did get through, guess what......"The U2 concerts are now completely sold out". Oh well I can always buy off Ebay, there only charging £100 for a £50 ticket.....heheheh BASTAR~S!!!

I have seen on other sites that U2 are listed to be playing at Manchester on 15,16 June as well as the sold out 14 June. These have not been confirmed though, or does anyone know.

Seriously, don't give up. Sold-out shows after a few hours are bullshit, I'm telling you. Yes, all the tickets that were available for the first day of the general sale are gone, but that does not mean there is no tickets to put your hands on somehow.

More tickets will be onsale closer to the date (probably a week before or so, sometimes more), and there is always a good chance on the day of the show also. Keep checking. Plus, if ever you have to resort to a scalper, do it the day of the show, as the prices will go down by the hour and will not be anywhere near what they are on E-Bay right now.

I know how this work, I have worked in showbusiness and know many people in the ticketing/publicity business. This is how it works for ALL shows. Calling shows 'sold-out' so quickly is pure marketing (although it does reflect very high demand for the tickets).

Plus, there is also U2 fans on the net, keep checking the boards, my guess is you might find someone willing to sell you a ticket. Again the closer to the show the better.

You WILL see U2 if you work for it. Don't give up.

Hey thanks for the advice. I have tried lastminute.com but all they seem to have is Cardiff and the real expensive tickets. I can't really afford more than the normal price tickets. I will keep an eye out of course but I have a feeling that maybe they will be playing at least one more show in Manchester because all these brokers seem to be advertising Manchester for 14/15/16 June. Anyway thanks for the uplifting advice guys much appreciated.

best time to buy tickets to a show is right before the date of the show, by then prices are lower if you cant get em in the general sale

that said worst time to buy is right after the general sale as thats when prices are their most disgusting because people get spontaneous after being shut out in the general and are more willing to pay top dollar

FOLK IN THE US heed this in mind theres very few US shows right now, many of us will be completely shut out tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom