Live8 Setlist Party Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2phan said:
what is taking Green Day so long...

and do you guys think they will bash Bush? the concerts want his support, we can't antagonize him

Geldof asked the acts not to bash Bush for that very same reason. Although if they play American Idiot....um, well...

stereophonics!

i lost my internet conncetion. here the thunderstorm last night blew out the phone jack my computer is on.... plugged into another one after an hour on the phone. what have i missed after U2?

redkat said:

Is that a bad thing? Is his name Mike Mono or Kelly Jones? I need to know!:wink:

It isn't a bad thing if you like impregnating sheep.

Kelly Jones is his name.

beli said:

Split Enz were huge in Australia. Much bigger than INXS.

The Countdown Awards were respected. Molly was mocked a bit, not nearly as much as now though. Molly had a monopoly and because he was never bitchy, always positive, he scored many big interviews, not just for Oz but internationally. When people like Prince and Madonna were going through wobbly periods of no interviews - Molly would still get one, a world exclusive. He might not be the most elequent person in the world but he found his way into the affections of many rockstar (and me. I was a huge fan)

I'd been a fan of INXS since their first album. I really thought they scored with their third, but alas, no. Split Enz were still bigger. It wasnt really until their fifth album, Listen Like Thieves, that INXS were mega huge. Then when Kick was released the hype was intense. Nile Rogers, who producer Kick, was the flavour of the year. He was also producing for David Bowie and was white hot.

umm, I probably have a point but I have forgotten :lol:

:bow:

I cannot say how awesomely cool it is to have somone talking about this stuff - thank you so much aye!

That 5th album thing seems to be a very common theme for most Australian bands of that vintage though - Enz weren't big until True Colours which was there 5th. Midnight Oil weren't mega huge until Deisil & Dust etc (from what I gather - you can correct me you lived it :jealous: )

I actually have trouble getting my head around how huge the Enz were. I mean I hear the 7 weeks at number 1 for IGY & however long it was for True Colours while it shut out Pink Floyd while it was taking over the world charts. But it seems now it seems like an idea everyone would rather forget... I don't know.

I do quite like Shoobah, Don't Change is drool worthy. But I think that's what most people say.

U2dork said:

I was having this problem at home so I switched to a lower quality and it fixed it. I'm now watching on the super fast connection at work and it's working flawlessly... for now.

Got it - perfect - thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom