Live8 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
quadcaster said:

no not you, im talking about channel 9 for being rotters and not putting it on live

its fucking slack and a fucking joke :sad:

im so upset :sad:

Oh yeah, totally.

ABC should've taken it and run. But they are missing it ball on so many things lately leaving them to be raped and pillaged by 7/9/10. :sad:

Bjork playing now. First live performance in over 2 years, no swan dress this time. She sounds great.

hmmmm this really bites ass!!!!!

id rather be watching it on tv then online but i cant :(

who agree's that aussie tv is fucking slack for not having live8 on live?????????????????????????????????????????????

i agree, aussie tv is fucking slack

we dont get it live here either :sad:

where are you at chizip?

its honestly the biggest fucking joke, its about spreading the ideals n stuff and uniting the world and yet they arent even putting it on fucking live

such a joke, makeing me revert back to immature swearing :sad:

Bjork is singing almost acapella with slight synthesizer, we got one song, commercial, next we go back to Johannesberg to see Mahotella Queens.

quadcaster said:
where are you at chizip?

its honestly the biggest fucking joke, its about spreading the ideals n stuff and uniting the world and yet they arent even putting it on fucking live

such a joke, makeing me revert back to immature swearing :sad:

im in the US, we dont starting getting TV coverage until 4 hours after it starts, i guess thats not terrible but we're missing U2

Catlady said:
so we just click on the live 8 thing in aolmusic at 8:00. it seems too simple...

does seem way to simple, im almost expecting to go there and see a message on screen saying "we tricked you fucker!"

Chizip said:

im in the US, we dont starting getting TV coverage until 4 hours after it starts, i guess thats not terrible but we're missing U2

ull get U2, the start of the london concert is being shown on the bigscreen to kick off the USA show

they have a scrolling thing on there with the names of everyone who has signed the declaration. pretty cool.

quadcaster said:

does seem way to simple, im almost expecting to go there and see a message on screen saying "we tricked you fucker!"

i wouldnt even be mad if that happened, i would crack up laughing

quadcaster said:

ull get U2, the start of the london concert is being shown on the bigscreen to kick off the USA show

ah, but that still wont be live

Chizip said:

i wouldnt even be mad if that happened, i would crack up laughing

im already pretty upset, seeing as this has been like the thing ive been looking foward to for ages, if they did that i swear i would break down and cry :sad:

but if the official live8 website put up a message that said "we tricked you, fucker"

that would be one of the funniest things ever

Wow that was earlier than expected...

Australia bitching about not having a Live8 concert, I put the over under at 10 minutes... but suprisingly it was in the first 2 minutes.

Obviously the concept of a G8 is lost on them... the G8 is the top 8 ranked countries on economic strength - not ego.

A reporter from Johannesberg is saying that white papers ignored this concert while black papers pushed it over the last 24-48 hours. He estimates around 7-8000 people plus they are in the middle of winter down there and he said the concert is located in a "rough" part of Johannesberg.

Yeah, those other networks suck for not showing it live plus it is enlightening to hear music from other cultures instead of the stuff we always hear.

lol i dont care if we dont have one, i just want the coverage live and unedited unlike the hackjob we're gonna get 2morow night on channel 9 :(

Maybe it's just because I'm out of coffee and feeling a bit irked, but it seems to me that AOL could have a little more information about the webcast. They have links for AOL radio, news stories, live 8 alerts etc... but not really anything at all on the webcast. I've not even seen anything official that says it starts at 8, just comments from people here.

Chizip said:

Hi everyone:wave: 4:40 am here in Pacific time zone. Where do we see Live 8 on TV four hours after it starts again, MTV? And does anyone know what time that would be?

U2dork said:
Maybe it's just because I'm out of coffee and feeling a bit irked, but it seems to me that AOL could have a little more information about the webcast. They have links for AOL radio, news stories, live 8 alerts etc... but not really anything at all on the webcast. I've not even seen anything official that says it starts at 8, just comments from people here.

i couldnt agree more

quadcaster said:
lol i dont care if we dont have one, i just want the coverage live and unedited unlike the hackjob we're gonna get 2morow night on channel 9 :(

True. The good part is that C9 generally push the big bands a lot. So U2, Coldplay, Macca & Pink Floyd should remain untouched. On the other hand we may be suprised with 4 horus of Robbie Williams.

Berlin starts in 20 minutes but there stage looks like it is located at the end of a long hallway between two giant hedges with the crowd going down the middle.

u2valleygirl said:

Hi everyone:wave: 4:40 am here in Pacific time zone. Where do we see Live 8 on TV four hours after it starts again, MTV? And does anyone know what time that would be?

MTV and VH1 and it starts at 12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom