LIVE 8 - anyone won a ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aardvark

The Fly
anyone?

I've heard of 1 person who is someone at works next door neighbour and that's it!

Thought we'd have heard of loads of U2 fans on the boards by now.

People already have won some they're on ebay already! Which is so wrong but that's another issue.

The texts are being sent out 'by 15th June' so that's today and tomorrow left now - ooh the suspense...........

:(

Just seen on Ebay that they are selling for a lot of money. But I have checked some of the buyers and I think they are non payers who are trying to mess the sellers about. Maybe they have a point. Is it right to be selling live8 tickets for £2000-£3000 which is a charity event. Maybe not!

It's totally unacceptable and against the spirit of the event. I'd tell them to give the £2000 to people in Africa and watch it on telly if you didn't get a ticket.

People that buy or sell them are selfish and have no grasp of what the event stands for.

I'd love to go but if I don't win I'll enjoy watching it on telly. Ebay should pull the adverts off. Fair play to the people sabotaging the auctions!!

Nah he's taking his missus - fair enough.. but they do have a new baby so he's therefore broke and therefore cannot make any of the U2 shows so I'm delighted for 'em.

As for tickets on ebay - the more people that can screw with the wankers selling tickets the better!!!

I wish that people in the US could have texted the radio stations... of course, most people's cell phones here can't make international calls.

I won----and I'm selling it on eBay for one MILLION dollars! Mwah-hah-hah-hah!!!

Right. I wish. Actually, I wouldn't be able to go anyway, but it'll be a great show. London, that is. Philly looks like it's gonna suck it up.

aardvark said:
anyone?

I've heard of 1 person who is someone at works next door neighbour and that's it!

Thought we'd have heard of loads of U2 fans on the boards by now.

YEEEEHAAAA !!

Got my confirmation 30 minutes ago!

I rarely win anything -- maybe is the start of some good luck I've been needing!!

See you at Twickenham and then Hyde Park, baby !!

I havent won :(

I wanted to go to this more than anything. I know one person that won a pair of tickets but thats it...

Said on news this morning all tickets have been taken off of ebay!

If anyone has a spare I'd gladly have it :wink:

I got a text about an hour ago cogratulating me on getting tickets.

Been buzzing and just calming down. Unbelievable.

That followed a text from Bono this morning thanking me for caring enough to text during last nights show.

I've been in a deep post U2 concert depression and am out of the loop- how does (did?) one get tickets for Live 8 Philly?

my sister's fiance got told he'd won some today
not that i could go anyway but i'm still very jealous!

I won it.....

But cant go as I will be in France attending a deaf film festival so I gave them away to my good friend, Mat who kindly got me a ticket to see U2 last night in Manchester..... hope he and his wife, Erica will enjoy the show.... the lucky buggers! LOL!

Congrats to all who won.... and commiserations to those who didnt..... well, after all the money raised thru the text messaging will mostly go to charity...... and that can only be good thing whether you won or not.....

adios amigos!

dougal

partygirl33 said:
I've been in a deep post U2 concert depression and am out of the loop- how does (did?) one get tickets for Live 8 Philly?

free admission... just show up

I won! Look out for a glittery U2 banner. Keep the dream alive! Should try and get as many U2 banners as we can like in 1985.

I won!! :D

Got the text yesterday morning...couldn't believe it. Yesterday was a gooood day, first Live 8 tickets then an amazing U2 show :)

I'm going! Fate has me in London that week so I had a UK friend (who can't go herself) text for me, and she/I won! Free trip to London and Live 8, life is good. :cool:

I won - I received my text on Wednesday morning. Complete surprise.

I went to Live Aid 20 years ago, still one of the greatest days of my life, and now I will be taking my 8 year old daughter all these years later.

She is so excited - what a week for her - winning Live 8 tickets and she is about to attend her first U2 concert with me on Sunday. I can't wait to see her face when the lads come on stage.

After attending the 2 Manchester shows I am still on such a high so what she will be like all next week I do not know!!

Back
Top Bottom