lisbon setlist here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, The Electric Co., Elevation, New Year's Day, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, With or Without You, All Because of You, Yahweh, Vertigo

Last edited:
what i like about this set list, for those who are interested, is how the band really doesn't give away the impression that they're going through motions.

i mean, what are they gonna come up with next? every night it's a new show, new experience - a new place in time in a different venue! how can you ever predict?

spontaneous! i love it!

Zoomerang96 so i wonder what was you like duing ZooTv?

oohhh thats right we guess you dont like this tour, would never have guessed by the amount of times you post the same opinion

also i wonder, have you been following the band round the world this tour? just curious, and i wonder if you have even been to 1 show?

alright, here's the deal.

you know why their pathetic, lameass attempt at a setlist REALLY pisses me off?

it's because if i'm at a show, and i can predict exactly what song they'll play next throughout the entire evening, i feel as though they don't give a fuck about the people they're playing for.

what they played 10 shows ago is what they'll play again right here and now. they don't have the courtesy to deliver to the fans a chance at something unique. it's trademarked, it's manufactured, it's cashing in on "what works"...in their minds.

no doubt most of you will disagree, and that's fine. i truly do believe a lot of you are happy with what they're playing NIGHT AFTER FUCKING NIGHT.

but there's a few of us who think it's a farce and an embarassment that a band that boasts two decades of brilliant music can't come forward with something at least SOMEWHAT different from show to show.

the audience in toronto is not the same as it is in amsterdam. why treat them the same??

if i went and delivered the same speach to children at school in the exact same words about why war is bad to people in lison and those in st. petersburg and everywhere in between, not only would i call that pathetically out of touch, i'd call it a waste of time.

people around the world are different. people like to believe they're getting something unique.

and for 175 USD a shot, i don't think it's too much to ask for.

FUCK.

i didn't see that warning thread.

i'm dreadfully sorry for posting this then. seriously.

i wanted to rant, and i shouldn't have.

my apologies to the mods.

Zoomerang96 said:
alright, here's the deal.

you know why their pathetic, lameass attempt at a setlist REALLY pisses me off?

it's because if i'm at a show, and i can predict exactly what song they'll play next throughout the entire evening, i feel as though they don't give a fuck about the people they're playing for.

what they played 10 shows ago is what they'll play again right here and now. they don't have the courtesy to deliver to the fans a chance at something unique. it's trademarked, it's manufactured, it's cashing in on "what works"...in their minds.

no doubt most of you will disagree, and that's fine. i truly do believe a lot of you are happy with what they're playing NIGHT AFTER FUCKING NIGHT.

but there's a few of us who think it's a farce and an embarassment that a band that boasts two decades of brilliant music can't come forward with something at least SOMEWHAT different from show to show.

the audience in toronto is not the same as it is in amsterdam. why treat them the same??

if i went and delivered the same speach to children at school in the exact same words about why war is bad to people in lison and those in st. petersburg and everywhere in between, not only would i call that pathetically out of touch, i'd call it a waste of time.

people around the world are different. people like to believe they're getting something unique.

and for 175 USD a shot, i don't think it's too much to ask for.
you didnt answer my question, so what did you think of Zoo Tv and popmart then? and who even said the set would be the same in toronto?

Zoomerang96, now that I was kind enough to warn you, you HAVE to tell me who the guy in your avatar is, please....:wink:

ah wait.

i didn't do anything wrong afterall. i'm not making fun of the setlist parties, that's not at all what i'm getting at.

i'm flat out fed up with the setlist, and that's all.

i think all my posts made that painfully clear.

Zoomerang96 said:
ah wait.

i didn't do anything wrong afterall. i'm not making fun of the setlist parties, that's not at all what i'm getting at.

yes litreally ALL your posts... we get your opinion, but please answer my question

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes litreally ALL your posts... we get your opinion, but please answer my question

your question is a very valid one.

i'd say that as stale as the sets have become on this second leg, combined with the first leg they're way more different than they were on popmart and zootv.

the difference?

well, the songs for one. 7ust how many songs do you see representing the 90's?

it should be the other way around. look at a band like radiohead...sure they play some old stuff from the bends, but the ma7ority of their stuff is their latest material.

and ultimately if a band resorts to having to play their oldest material to keep a show interesting, in their minds, don't you think that spells something much MUCH larger?

By zoomerang96..the audience in toronto is not the same as it is in amsterdam. why treat them the same??

@zoomerang96
But the band IS the same wherever they play, why should they be different? Do you want them to re-invent themselves according to geography?

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:

your question is a very valid one.

i'd say that as stale as the sets have become on this second leg, combined with the first leg they're way more different than they were on popmart and zootv.

the difference?

well, the songs for one. 7ust how many songs do you see representing the 90's?

it should be the other way around. look at a band like radiohead...sure they play some old stuff from the bends, but the ma7ority of their stuff is their latest material.

and ultimately if a band resorts to having to play their oldest material to keep a show interesting, in their minds, don't you think that spells something much MUCH larger?
not really as they have represented the 90's on the last 2 tours, why not go back to playing some older stuff?

i mean your 100% entitled to think and say what you do....but many people do LOVE this tour, and seeing repeated posts on the same subject by the same people is frustrating

1stOne said:
By zoomerang96..the audience in toronto is not the same as it is in amsterdam. why treat them the same??

@boomerang96
But the band IS the same wherever they play, why should they be different? Do you want them to re-invent themselves according to geography?

no.

i want them to do something different.

i want them to be comfortable being NOT 100 PER CENT SCRIPTED from one venue to the next.

KUEFC09U2 said:
not really as they have represented the 90's on the last 2 tours, why not go back to playing some older stuff?

i mean your 100% entitled to think and say what you do....but many people do LOVE this tour, and seeing repeated posts on the same subject by the same people is frustrating

i can understand why it's frustrating for you and those who feel the same.

however,

i wonder if it's half as frustrating as it is for people like me who know u2 simply isn't living up to their potential.

it's kind of like this...

let's take a prospect like sidney crosby. everyone's saying he's gonna be the next big thing in hockey, the next gretzky whatever.

let's say he turns out to be a solid third line centre who plays the penalty kill, and is sound defensively...but only puts up on average 35-40 points a year tops.

is he still a good, and valuable player? you bet he is!

but did he come anywhere NEAR his potential? not even maybe.

again, this thread is not to knock anyone but the band. this is not a personal attack on any group, it is merely me starting a thread to express a very serious problem regarding artistic integrity.

that is all.

question about the elevation tour.

apparently at a certain point in all the third leg shows, bono came across a US flag, wrapped himself in it, and then started "crying" into it.

i read reviews about this from people who'd been to a few shows on that last leg.

if this is indeed true, what would you call that?

Zoomerang96 said:

i can understand why it's frustrating for you and those who feel the same.

however,

i wonder if it's half as frustrating as it is for people like me who know u2 simply isn't living up to their potential.

it's kind of like this...

let's take a prospect like sidney crosby. everyone's saying he's gonna be the next big thing in hockey, the next gretzky whatever.

let's say he turns out to be a solid third line centre who plays the penalty kill, and is sound defensively...but only puts up on average 35-40 points a year tops.

is he still a good, and valuable player? you bet he is!

but did he come anywhere NEAR his potential? not even maybe.

again, this thread is not to knock anyone but the band. this is not a personal attack on any group, it is merely me starting a thread to express a very serious problem regarding artistic integrity.

that is all.
but why do you hang around here then if you dont think the band is doing what you want?

why should U2 try to please the minority when they can please the majority?

Zoomerang96 said:

no.

i want them to do something different.

i want them to be comfortable being NOT 100 PER CENT SCRIPTED from one venue to the next.

But they AREN'T comfortable being under rehearsed and spontaneous are they? That's obvious from video footage and interviews. They wouldn't enjoy performing or touring with that kind of stress. They flog their guts out show after show. I've seen 5 shows this tour, and they couldn't have been more different if they'd played a completely different set list every night.

1stOne said:

But they AREN'T comfortable being under rehearsed and spontaneous are they? That's obvious from video footage and interviews. They wouldn't enjoy performing or touring with that kind of stress. They flog their guts out show after show. I've seen 5 shows this tour, and they couldn't have been more different if they'd played a completely different set list every night.

Exactly :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
ah wait.

I would have to disagree. You edited your first post. Did you think it would go unnoticed? :madspit:

:wink:

NOW, answer my question!!!!

1stOne said:

I've seen 5 shows this tour, and they couldn't have been more different if they'd played a completely different set list every night.

:scratch: How could you know?

KUEFC09U2 said:
but why do you hang around here then if you dont think the band is doing what you want?

why should U2 try to please the minority when they can please the majority?

Still the so called Minority should be allowed to speak up, just like the majority,, Right ??

yimou said:

Still the so called Minority should be allowed to speak up, just like the majority,, Right ??

:up: And who knows who is the minority and who is the majority, after all.....:hmm:

Well, I live in Portugal, so I'm going to see the Lisbon show... Almost 48 hours to go, I can't wait more for this show!!!
Before the concert the band's going to be condecorated by the Portuguese President, Jorge Sampaio.
Well, I'll be pleased with anything that U2 brings to Lisbon... but this is the last European show, and I'd have an heart- attack (of happiness, of course!) if they brought something surprise...
I wouldn't mind if they changed Electric co by UTEOTW and 2nd Vertigo by Bad or '40'... It'd be wonderful if they got back to a 26-song show... We'll see

Cheers:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom