lisbon setlist here:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the problem is the Northern Hemisphere has got it easy, especially in the US. You know U2 are going to play a stack of shows that you can go to see, no matter what tour it is. Down here, we're still hanging on, hoping we'll be privileged just to see them, and when you're in that position, you come to realise how enjoyable it is just to hear U2 play. The songs stop mattering. Some of you up there in the North would do well to realise that.

Chizip said:

i didnt make that assumption at all, i know most people are thrilled with the show as it has been a huge success. i was just stating that we should be allowed to express our feelings on the show, good or bad.

I agree actually, but I was responding to your analogy of being a consumer and expressing your opinion as to what you want.

I guess though at what point does this become a bunch of static white noise. None of this is going to change anything. U2 are going to do what they want and as long as the shows are selling out and a majority of the crowd walk away thrilled I doubt they care about it.

Axver said:
I think part of the problem is the Northern Hemisphere has got it easy, especially in the US. You know U2 are going to play a stack of shows that you can go to see, no matter what tour it is. Down here, we're still hanging on, hoping we'll be privileged just to see them, and when you're in that position, you come to realise how enjoyable it is just to hear U2 play. The songs stop mattering. Some of you up there in the North would do well to realise that.

so this means we shouldnt discuss any part of the show that could be better? im sorry, but if we elminated all dissenting opinion from this forum it would get rather boring.

Blue Room said:

I agree actually, but I was responding to your analogy of being a consumer and expressing your opinion as to what you want.

I guess though at what point does this become a bunch of static white noise. None of this is going to change anything. U2 are going to do what they want and as long as the shows are selling out and a majority of the crowd walk away thrilled I doubt they care about it.

Well, it certainly doesn't seem as if they care about it :wink: But that doesn't mean we can't moan about it here, does it? :wink:

Chizip said:

so this means we shouldnt discuss any part of the show that could be better? im sorry, but if we elminated all dissenting opinion from this forum it would get rather boring.

Where the fuck did I say that?

Take your fifty shows and shove 'em. We haven't had fifty shows on this side of the planet in the last FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS.

You folks up there have it so fucking privleged.

Blue Room said:

obviously what we say on here is not going to make any difference on anything U2 does. but this forum is here to discuss all aspects of the tour, good and bad. id rather see a healthy debate rather than a billion appreciation and game threads.

Axver said:

Take your fifty shows and shove 'em. We haven't had fifty shows on this side of the planet in the last FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS.

:uhoh:

Axver, calm down.

Axver said:

Think of it this way...we're making constructive criticisms so that it will be perfect when they get to Down Under...see we have your best interests at heart....:wink:

Chizip said:

I would actually LOVE it if that is what it boiled down to. Unfortunately though it never goes that way. Typically, someone posts something inflammatory to get a rise out of people. Then the problems begin. Also, it is sort of tiring when the same people just constantly complain, about the same thing, all the time. We know how you feel about it and thats fine. But we dont need new threads created so you can express the same thought for the 100th time. :shrug: That is what gets frustrating and why people start jumping on other people on both sides.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

:uhoh:

Axver, calm down.

I'll give you people something to gripe about. For fuck's sake, all this inconsequential whining about this or that stupid issue sucks the atmosphere out of the forum about the tour, and the real things that matter, like actually SEEING U2, are totally overlooked.

Some of you have NOTHING to complain about. I wish U2 would just announce a tour down here. Not for me, I saw them in the US. I mean for the thousands of Australian fans who couldn't travel like I did. Give them a show. Who gives a shit what's played? Seeing U2's what's important for them. It seems that's no longer what's important for some of you; getting your own way is.

Blue Room said:

I would actually LOVE it if that is what it boiled down to. Unfortunately though it never goes that way. Typically, someone posts something inflammatory to get a rise out of people. Then the problems begin. Also, it is sort of tiring when the same people just constantly complain, about the same thing, all the time. We know how you feel about and thats fine. But we dont need new threads created so you can express the same thought for the 100th time. :shrug: That is what gets frustrating and why people start jumping on other people on both sides.

Do you honestly mean you would love if all dissenting opinion was removed from the board :ohmy:

U2Man said:

Do you honestly mean you would love if all dissenting opinion was removed from the board :ohmy:

:laugh: NO

I meant if it just actually boiled down to constructive criticism or new thoughts about it. Doesnt happen though.

Whats wrong with saying. I wish they would mix it up and play X song as it would work here. It would improve the setlist.

VS

U2 are just lame and lazy, they should just quit since they cant change up their setlists.

Blue Room said:

:laugh: NO

I meant if it just actually boiled down to constructive criticism or new thoughts about it. Doesnt happen though.

Whats wrong with saying. I wish they would mix it up and play X song as it would work here. It would improve the setlist.

VS

U2 are just lame and lazy, they should just quit since they can change up their setlists.

Well, OK, I'm much more at ease now. Thanks for clearing that up :wink:

Axver said:

I'll give you people something to gripe about. For fuck's sake, all this inconsequential whining about this or that stupid issue sucks the atmosphere out of the forum about the tour, and the real things that matter, like actually SEEING U2, are totally overlooked.

Some of you have NOTHING to complain about. I wish U2 would just announce a tour down here. Not for me, I saw them in the US. I mean for the thousands of Australian fans who couldn't travel like I did. Give them a show. Who gives a shit what's played? Seeing U2's what's important for them. It seems that's no longer what's important for some of you; getting your own way is.

Honestly Axver, it isn't our fault that U2 have decided not to visit Australia or New Zealand for many years. I understand that you think that we are acting like spoiled little brats - but why are you so often complaining about the flow in the setlist, the 2xVertigo etc.? Because you have a great interest in the band, that's why! Like the rest of us - and this board is a discussion board to. Should people every single time they wish to express their opinion on something, think: "Oh but remember the people in country X they didn't get any shows at all....so I'd better not" ?

Last edited:
Axver said:

im sorry, but the tone of your posts is that we shouldnt complain and just be happy that we get to see U2 live at all.

my point is that this is a U2 message board and we should be able to come here and discuss both the positive and negative aspects of the tour.

Hell I've never seen U2 play live yet. I'd be happy to see them play The Wanderer in a pub. And I despise The Wanderer :wink:

IrishDawg said:
Hell I've never seen U2 play live yet. I'd be happy to see them play The Wanderer in a pub. And I despise The Wanderer :wink:

Likewise but i actually love The Wanderer:wink: So where is this pub gig at?

Chizip said:

im sorry, but the tone of your posts is that we shouldnt complain and just be happy that we get to see U2 live at all.

my point is that this is a U2 message board and we should be able to come here and discuss both the positive and negative aspects of the tour.

Oh come now. You know I agree with you. Surely you're familiar with my postings on certain aspects of the set I don't like (that U2Man mentions above).

You know I was referring to whining as opposed to simple discussion. And this complete blindness, this acting as if going to ten U2 shows is some perfect norm WHEN U2 DON'T EVEN PLAY THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE. If there's one legit thing to complain about, it's U2's dismal touring schedule.

Axver said:

Oh come now. You know I agree with you. Surely you're familiar with my postings on certain aspects of the set I don't like (that U2Man mentions above).

You know I was referring to whining as opposed to simple discussion. And this complete blindness, this acting as if going to ten U2 shows is some perfect norm WHEN U2 DON'T EVEN PLAY THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE. If there's one legit thing to complain about, it's U2's dismal touring schedule.

Yes they never play Belfast anymore...bloody sellouts:madspit:

:wink:

LJT said:

Yes they never play Belfast anymore...bloody sellouts:madspit:

:wink:

Yeah and why the hell do they never come to my home town of Lake Mary? I mean we have almost 100 people living here!

By the tone of the people on this board, U2 should make everyone happy and do everything they want, am I right?

You know I may be annoyed with the lack of variety in the set lists during this tour and may not enjoy the latest CD as much as I enjoy previous cds, but this does not mean I am not going to be extreme and burn my cds, toss tickets out the door and picket the band. If I do, I would like someone to take me aside and slap me around for being pissed off about a band and their live act when there are other issues in this world that are bigger than U2 and deserve protesting.

Big deal some of us are not pleased with the set list but I am going to keep my tickets for Nov.:shrug: I like to have the right to complain about a band that I love. I do not have to kiss ass all the time and go along with things I do not agree with. Apparently by not doing so, I am a terrible fan and should not be any where near this site. :der:

I know plenty of people who love U2's music but cannot stand Bono's political stance yet they will be there at the concerts singing and dancing along.

Axver said:

Actually Axver, I don't think that was Zoomerang's point initially. He was questioning their ability to be spontaneous nowadays, whether they actually cared about what kind of people at which place in the world they were playing in front of, their artistic integrity and their ability to put any kind of emotion into something that has, apparently, turned into a mere routine.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
You know I may be annoyed with the lack of variety in the set lists during this tour and may not enjoy the latest CD as much as I enjoy previous cds, but this does not mean I am not going to be extreme and burn my cds, toss tickets out the door and picket the band. If I do, I would like someone to take me aside and slap me around for being pissed off about a band and their live act when there are other issues in this world that are bigger than U2 and deserve protesting.

Big deal some of us are not pleased with the set list but I am going to keep my tickets for Nov.:shrug: I like to have the right to complain about a band that I love. I do not have to kiss ass all the time and go along with things I do not agree with. Apparently by not doing so, I am a terrible fan and should not be any where near this site. :der:

I know plenty of people who love U2's music but cannot stand Bono's political stance yet they will be there at the concerts singing and dancing along.

Great post :up: I guess I should stop complaining about people complaining about the setlist. All of us here are obviously U2 fans or we wouldn't be wasting our time here and have several hunder (or thousand) posts. I prefered the Lovetown tour much more than this tour, but I still think this tour is great. I would like to see some setlist changed too, but Bono isn't God, as much as he tries to be. Can't please everyone...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Is this directed at my post?? Most of what I said was to demonstrate an extreme and respond to Chizips analogy. Did you read the rest of the thread? :scratch:

Zoomerang96 said:
you know what?

there really is no proper defense.

am i the only one who seriously questions the artistic integrity of a show if it's scripted to the extreme extent that they're currently providing audiences?

this is not rock and roll. this is not punk. this is theatre, but for all the wrong reasons.

and finally, the man in my avatar is fred phillips. u2man, will you let him happen to you? WILL YOU?!?!?

chizip, it's nice to see someone such as yourself back me up, as well as the others...whom i 7ust don't know quite as well. not that chizip and i are bedfellows, but...you know.

believe me, if rem or radiohead did this their fans would be screaming bloody murder. that actually goes for most groups, but u2's fans are very VERY dedicated to the point where the ma7ority feel they can do no wrong.
well answer my question about zootv, you said thats probabley your best U2 tour well how, they have the most ultra static setlists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom