Liam Gallagher yammering again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Oasis frontman couldn't believe a story he'd heard about the Irish group watching a video of their live show after they had come off stage and analysising it."

That says a lot about U2. After over 25 years, they still try to improve and get better at what they do. I've heard that Edge is the one who after a concert, goes through it and practise the things he wasn't happy about.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Even though the new Oasis album is great and Liam is good in it he's still an asshole. I'm glad Noel is the opposite, he repsects U2 a lot.

yeah same here. Noel has his moments, but for the most part he respects other musicians.

And I agree with who said that them going back and watching the tapes is what helps them be so good. They care enough to want to get better(not that they need to lol), because they want their shows to be the best for their fans.

I bought Oasis's album, but almost want to go trade it in now lol. And compared to an U2 album, well, it doesn't compare at all.

I have a lot of time for Noel. His comments on programs like those 100greatest shows on C4 make a load of sense

Ok, what's the story. I thought that U2 & Oasis were cool with each other. Why the bashing all of the sudden, and in public...??? What the....

Isn't he the ones who said Pop stood for Posers out to Pasture? Even though he toured with them? But nothing is any offense coming from him, a guy who knocked out his father and regularly feuds with his brother. He's more funny than anything.

Zooropa man said:
Ok, what's the story. I thought that U2 & Oasis were cool with each other. Why the bashing all of the sudden, and in public...??? What the....

Because they have a new CD out. They are notorious for taking shots at other bands. This gets them publicity which they desperately need for the new album given their dwindling popularity worldwide. "Oh, look who is back, good old Oasis. Taking the piss outta people just like 1995. I wonder what they are up to?"

You've got to love Liam's comments when, about a day before, Bono called into the Live 8 press conference at Philadelphia's City Hall, praising Oasis, calling them a great band and how he hoped they could work out their schedules to play Live 8 with U2.

"I am the best fucking rock singer this country has ever had".I always thought England and GB are fantastic place to live but if Liam is the best rock singer you ever had than I'm glad Iwasn't born there.

Miricale_Drug said:
I have a lot of time for Noel. His comments on programs like those 100greatest shows on C4 make a load of sense

very true...often his stories are priceless!! Seems like hes on loads of music documentaries... his appearance on the CH4 Morrissey one was ace, and the Stone Roses BBC3 one was great too.... I actually prefer to listen to Noel talking than Oasis playing. Great copy, their recent NME interview was great, although i like a lot of the bands they slag, i can accept that they are funny!

I wouldn't read too much into this story, cos during the Elevation shows in the UK, Liam Gallagher was reportedly saying he had been blown away when he went to see the band live that year, and that Oasis would have to go some to beat U2's shows or something like that. As for Noel, he said on the hall of fame programme that it makes him sick how good U2 are and that to him they are like The Beatles and everybody knows how much he loves The Beatles.

"Wankers. Haven't they got fuck all better to do? I'd rather be out there getting pissed."

That's great. I can't be mad at a guy after a statement like that. It's classic Liam, and he's trying to get some attention as their releasing the new album.

He's known for making stupid statements, and you just have to sit back and laugh at them.

So do they review (some of) the shows on video straight after, or was this maybe the shows that were being filmed for DVD release?

Diane L said:
I've just heard the new Oasis album, and I can now forgive Liam anything and everything.

One of the best albums I've heard in many, many years.

yesss, this album rocks.....probably their most complete album since Definitely Maybe. About Liam, that's just Liam being Liam. He always has something to say when Oasis have an album coming out. In actuality I'm pretty sure that Oasis and U2 are good friends. They're always praising each other (especially Bono and Noel). When U2 were in Chicago a few weeks ago for their gigs, I met Bono and had him sign my NME with Noel and Liam on the cover. Even though there were a lot of people around, as soon as he saw the magazine he got a big smile on his face, said "oh yeah!" and walked right towards us. He drew shades on Liam and wrote "We luv u, Bono" on it. I asked him what he thought of the new Oasis single and he replied "I love it." Then I asked if they'd ever tour with Oasis and he said "I hope so." I'm hoping to meet Oasis when they play a gig here on June 20th and show them the magazine. So anyway, that's just Liam being Liam, nothing big....

Thats cool U2One :)

Yeah I like the album and bought the version with the documentary dvd part as well. Its good and you can tell that they have grown up someone(all except Liam lol) But yeah I guess its just trying to get the name back out there to sell cd's.

U2One said:

yesss, this album rocks.....probably their most complete album since Definitely Maybe. About Liam, that's just Liam being Liam. He always has something to say when Oasis have an album coming out. In actuality I'm pretty sure that Oasis and U2 are good friends. They're always praising each other (especially Bono and Noel). When U2 were in Chicago a few weeks ago for their gigs, I met Bono and had him sign my NME with Noel and Liam on the cover. Even though there were a lot of people around, as soon as he saw the magazine he got a big smile on his face, said "oh yeah!" and walked right towards us. He drew shades on Liam and wrote "We luv u, Bono" on it. I asked him what he thought of the new Oasis single and he replied "I love it." Then I asked if they'd ever tour with Oasis and he said "I hope so." I'm hoping to meet Oasis when they play a gig here on June 20th and show them the magazine. So anyway, that's just Liam being Liam, nothing big....

LOL! Thats a great story!! Id love Oasis and U2 to tour together, they are my two fave bands! Good luck trying to meet Noel and Liam, Im going to give it a go next month when i see them play in Milton Keynes. If you do meet them, please come on here and let us know what they said about what Bono wrote! Thanks :)

Diane L said:
I've just heard the new Oasis album, and I can now forgive Liam anything and everything.

One of the best albums I've heard in many, many years.

Really? That good huh...well, I guess I might have to go out and buy that one right now to capitalize on the sale. My brother bought it, but he hasn't finished listening to it yet (thus, I haven't heard it myself)...

As far as Liam's comments go, it's just the good ol' Oasis publicity spin once again...I believe they've called out everyone from Franz Ferdinand to George Harrison. I actually look forward to this stuff...those two are hillarious.

Liam - nice hair cut mate! he does jack shit in the group - his brother is the musican...he is the publicity clown...

bazza said:
Liam - nice hair cut mate! he does jack shit in the group - his brother is the musican...he is the publicity clown...

go check out the new album....Liam's written some really good tunes on the new one...

Actually Liam did write some good songs. I watched the documentary, and they talk about how he has started writing songs. And actually his are some of the best on the album. IMO

That is just how Liam is. I find the Gallagher brothers very entertaining with everything that comes out of their mouths. You can't take anything Liam says at face value. I do agree, their new album is great. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom