Let's take a second to give Edge all the credit he deserves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge is a genius! A guitar genius, a math genius, a computer genius... No, really, I think he is the smartest guitar player ever!!!

oots said:
Edge is a genius! A guitar genius, a math genius, a computer genius... No, really, I think he is the smartest guitar player ever!!!

And a kickass pianist he's a talented guy

:edge: =:rockon:

and after seeing the San Diego DVD i think its even more clear how important he is for U2. Kind of looks like he is more present than ever this tour...(or at least in SD :wink: )

ZeroDude said:

And a kickass pianist he's a talented guy

:edge: =:rockon:

Hehe. Ok, not to totally spoil the Edge lovefest going on here, but Edge is at best a mediocre pianist. What he is, however, is an incredible musician.

calling edge a guitar Genius is a little to much dont you think?

he is great in u2!(he is the u2 sound)

but a Genius not quite yet.

a guitar Genius is some one who knows everything about the guitar and edge has one sound and style!(which is good)

now eddie van halen,Yngui malstine are guitar Genius, they can play anything, any style and know all about the guitar!!!!!!!
yes they are guitar wankers!

Last edited:
shaun vox said:

a guitar Genius is some one who knows everything about the guitar and edge has one sound and style!(which is good)

now eddie van halen,Yngui malstine are guitar Genius, they can play anything, any style and know all about the guitar!!!!!!!

Man, Eddie plays the same way pretty much all the time but so he's Eddie, don't start me on Yngwie though ( great guitarist but always plays the same way all the time, truthfully repetitive as hell) Edge is a genius because he a great musician, technologist, songwriter and man, he does so many obscure things with the technology he has at hand to create a sound like no other so thst my two cents/ pence/ euro thingies

shaun vox said:

One sound!?!?!?

ROFLROFLROFLRFORLOLOLOL
oL.....

Saying The Edge has one sound is just silly.

He does more than play a chimey arpeggio every few seconds you know. He's more responsible for the band's sound than the other three are individually :eyebrow:

One song Basically sums up The Edge's genius ...

"A Sort Of Homecoming" :drool:

The first time I popped in The Unforgettable Fire I knew why I loved this band.

:bump:

I love this statement from an article I read earlier..:up:

"Then there was the music. I have been to eight U2 concerts over the course of 18 years, and I have never heard them play with more precision and fervor.

and The Edge was ... well, he was The Edge. The guy can play the blues, rough and metallic, or make his guitar sound like an orchestra, soaring and shimmering. I attended the show with an accomplished guitar player, and he said that mortals shouldn’t be able to make a guitar sound like that". ( musical :angel: perhaps)

I can't wait to hear the Edge live, this fall..:hyper:

Full article here:
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/article.php?sid=6235 :dance:

Last edited:
given his daugther's illness, I have immense respect for the Edge being out on tour at this time. Does anyone have an update on his daughter - Siam I beleive?

I'm not sure. I think there's a policy at Interference to keep any talk of that on the lowdown though, to respect the man's privacy.

Love to the Edge :drool:

Back
Top Bottom