Las Vegas I Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I have indeed heard it - it's absolutely gorgeous! I think it works best in Bad too. Though I disagree about WGRYWH: that was amazing when they played it electric. One of the absolute highlights at my three Boston shows.

I really want to hear it that way. I guess the only time I did was ZOO indoor and I can't remember it. I love the song. Used to have this 4 track cd "single" that had different versions of it.

Heard an NYC recording the other day where Bono said something like "It's one of our favorite U2 songs...Not sure why we haven't played it"

Partyslammer said:

Real quick, I'd have to say that one of my top concert moments and definately my top U2 moment was the April 22nd, 1987 show when they came on stage with the house lights still on before the show while Lennon's version of "Stand By Me" was playing on the PA and slowly joined in singing and playing along to the song until the *were* playing the song themselves with Bono ad libbing a bunch of lyrics about LA. I have rarely seen a crowd go so nuts in nearly 30 years of concerts.

T.B.

That would be amazing.

I finally admitted that my favorite moment would have to be being at the 5-10 show 2nd rox from the rail for a show that was shot for the DVD release. When the confetti came down on us during COBL, it was a very surreal moment. What an awesome memory that will be to have on dvd. :)

AtomicBono said:
Alright, here it is, one of the best versions of Bad ever, and my personal favourite:

http://s54.y ousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0E9P36HHI5V2C1N2IDQSUBGTST

Bono's intro to it was beautiful. It makes me cry sometimes.

I remember feeling out of place at the concert because the INSTANT that loop started I started screaming and it seemed kinda quiet around me...

thanks SO much.

it means a lot to me. :heart:

DAMN!

I just got this email from southwest as I was closing down for the night:

$129 one-way, to/from Las Vegas, NV

that's $260 round trip.... cheapest I've seen.... the DAY BEFORE the show I could have gone to....

oh well. :whistle:

Shawn Bonneau said:
Swedish TV station SVT2 aired a special program tonight (Nov. 4) promoting the upcoming Vertigo 2005 Live from Chicago DVD release. Fourteen songs from the DVD were shown on the program:

U2 fan site U2.se watched the show and wrote up a recap and review. (Thx U2tour.de and U2.se)

SMB

here's the question...

how well can you see the first row of the ellipse? :ohmy:

AtomicBono said:
Alright, here it is, one of the best versions of Bad ever, and my personal favourite:

I remember feeling out of place at the concert because the INSTANT that loop started I started screaming and it seemed kinda quiet around me...

Thanks atomic. We're you at that show?

cbradfly1 said:

I really want to hear it that way. I guess the only time I did was ZOO indoor and I can't remember it. I love the song. Used to have this 4 track cd "single" that had different versions of it.

Heard an NYC recording the other day where Bono said something like "It's one of our favorite U2 songs...Not sure why we haven't played it"

I really wish they'd bring back the electric version, especially as I think everyone would enjoy it a whole lot more. For that matter, bring back UTEOTW. Fly/UTEOTW/WGRYWH was an absolutely mindblowing encore at Boston III. (That was incidentally the one and only time UTEOTW/WGRYWH has been done post-ZooTV.)

u2wedge said:
DAMN!

I just got this email from southwest as I was closing down for the night:

$129 one-way, to/from Las Vegas, NV

that's $260 round trip.... cheapest I've seen.... the DAY BEFORE the show I could have gone to....

oh well. :whistle:

You have to purchase in advance my dear... Never a last minute fare... And Southwest always has specials...

Thanks atomicbono - downloading Bad now. And now really leaving, LOL :wave:

And I loved being in the ellipse on the rail - best U2 show ever for me I think... :love:

AtomicBono said:

Actually here are my pic from that night if anyone is stil awake:

http://www.jbstudios.com/u2/index.htm

i remember at the Chicaco May 16 2001 show, they did something similar...

we had seats behind the stage and right after Elevation they went into an ACHTUNG BABY MARATHON OF:

The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Until The End Of The World

and it was incredible...

for a tour that barely juggled the setlists (at least the running order, and at least on the 10 shows i went to),... this was quite the treat

also, for cbradfly...

here is a link for the Wild Horses Electric from BOSTON 2005

http://s48.you sen dit.com/d.aspx?id=1HKHVVW8RTSXR1J3ZIAJSY2E6H

Axver said:

I really wish they'd bring back the electric version, especially as I think everyone would enjoy it a whole lot more. For that matter, bring back UTEOTW. Fly/UTEOTW/WGRYWH was an absolutely mindblowing encore at Boston III. (That was incidentally the one and only time UTEOTW/WGRYWH has been done post-ZooTV.)

I just went over to u2tours to look the set up

March 5th, 1992 wow..I'd love to hear Ultraviolet just one more time. Check it out:

Main Set: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, Satellite Of Love, Bad-All I Want Is You-Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With or Without You, Love Is Blindness

Axver said:
:coocoo:

Clawgrabber said:
i remember at the Chicaco May 16 2001 show, they did something similar...

we had seats behind the stage and right after Elevation they went into an ACHTUNG BABY MARATHON OF:

The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Until The End Of The World

and it was incredible...

for a tour that barely juggled the setlists (at least the running order, and at least on the 10 shows i went to),... this was quite the treat

also, for cbradfly...

here is a link for the Wild Horses Electric from BOSTON 2005

http://s48.you sen dit.com/d.aspx?id=1HKHVVW8RTSXR1J3ZIAJSY2E6H

Thanks claw and in a good ol mac friendly format no less.

Queen Bee said:

You should've heard the utter joy in his voice after the show :cute:

:cute:

OK, I guess he just lied about all the adult contemporary stuff that he has entertained us with for months now :angry:

KhanadaRhodes said:

We are all jealous of Axver.
Thanks all for what you are doing :heart: . It was the first time in fact that I could be home early enough to attend (the end of) a setlist party, be seems fun.
And I can't wait having finished the download of this famous bad, but with my modem it will take another 30 minutes ... :eek:

that's a really terrible setlist in my opinion.

if i knew that they'd play those songs, i wouldn't even bother going. i certainly wouldn't buy the dvd if that was the setlist...

i guess we had it pretty good in the first leg...zoo station, the fly, until the end of the world, mysterious ways, NO walk on or stuck, with or without you only on rare occassion.

i honestly don't think there's one song i'd want to hear from today's set.

Zoomerang96 said:
that's a really terrible setlist in my opinion.

if i knew that they'd play those songs, i wouldn't even bother going. i certainly wouldn't buy the dvd if that was the setlist...

i guess we had it pretty good in the first leg...zoo station, the fly, until the end of the world, mysterious ways, NO walk on or stuck, with or without you only on rare occassion.

i honestly don't think there's one song i'd want to hear from today's set.

Which setlist? Tonite?

indeed.

the only songs i'd be interested in hearing are the ones i heard on every other tour. the new material is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever.

and, since i'm a fan of their 90's work, to see them almost completely forget that they in fact existed during those 10 years is insulting to anyone who stuck with them throughout that period.

I understand your misgivings, I really thought I would be complaining when this tour started but I really can't complain. My two favorite albums are Boy and Achtung and I was treated pretty well in the spring. Sometimes the setlist/reps bug me but you know in 2 weeks I'm going on an adventure ...2 shows in Atlanta and 2 in NYC in a span of 5 days. This will most likely be the last time I see them. If not great, but thats how I'm treating it as a mid 30's fan from the October days. You know what?....They can play the same thing every night and I'm going to treat each show like it's the first and last I have or will ever see. Bono's line was something like:

"We played like our lives depended on it"

Everytime I've seen them, even on off nights I get that immpression. I'm going to return the favor.

Just got back from the show..very tired so this'll be brief..didn't read all the pages but I'm sure you all know Elvis made an appearance.

I was next to the girl that got pulled up for WOWY. I also couldn't see most of the show but that's a whole nother story.
I may try to sell my tix for tomorrow...

Setlist was as expected. What can I say? Nite all....

Back
Top Bottom