Las Vegas I Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clawgrabber said:

i am with you...

the best snippet i have seen live is WHEN I LOOK AT THE WORLD

but the best BAD i have seen live is Chicago 5/7/05

dunno why, it was just incredible

it really, really was. and it's from what's supposedly one of the worst shows of the tour :huh: well I thought it was fantastic and Bad really put the icing on the cake. A whole of bunch of awesome yummy icing. I think I listen to that and The Fly more than any other song from my bootleg.

GibsonGirl said:
Again. Fingers are still crossed. They have to play it, what with all the rehearsing...
i really hope it wasn't practised for nothing!
cry.gif

Axver said:

Actually, the first full performance of The First Time (and its first appearance full stop since 1993) came the night before in Chicago.

Didn't know that. Like "Wild Horses," I think it works better in a Bad snippet. Have you heard that 9/21 recording Avexer? Just judging by your posts, I think you would enjoy it.

alexdescending said:

5/7 was an EXCELLENT "bad." i particularly liked the intro bono gave before it. something like, "anything you want to let go of, any monkeys on your back, leave it here with me. let it go with me." something like that.

i should find an mp3 from that show. i don't think i have any. :(

I shall upload for you if you stick around, ysi takes a few minutes

u2wedge said:

i don't know about that... they could easily keep COBL. LAPOE could replace BTBS imho...

the key though, is rotation. they could play them all if they really wanted to.

I think we'll see COBL and Vertigo for sure... but then, I thought full-band Walk On would be back for this tour and we haven't seen it.

didn't want to post this mid show to get off topic, so here i go now.

I brought my wife to see Bon Jovi tonight in Chicago.

On the way home she said that a moment in Living on a Prayer was her favorite concert moment ever.

Then she asked me mine, I looked at her and said, "Are you serious?"

She said, "Obviously U2, but what moment?"

I said, "There is no one moment, the whole thing just rocks from start to finish. It wasn't like the Bon Jovi concert where you rock out to a song, then have to wait 5 more to rock out again."

Just wanted to put this out there to help us appreciate our boys, even when the set doesn't change up much. Even the songs we get "sick of" still do rock as far as songs go. Not many shows you can go to where that is true.

Also, another thing to appreciate. The Bon Jovi tshirts were 50 bucks a piece, and didn't even look good. Wife passed on one. Thanks Lord!!!! :wink:

Okay, just heard back from Chizip. Bono sang a few lines in LAPOE like Elvis. There was an Elvis impersonator on stage during the Can't Help Falling In Love snippet. Edge broke a guitar string during Wild Horses so it was Adam and Larry for a duration of the song until he got a hold of an electric guitar for the end of the song. I think that's it :hmm:

AtomicBono said:

Exactly!!! Thank You!

"This city has always been so good to this band!!!"""

"Whatever has you by the tail..." "Hope your're free of it soon."

I have the whole show and it sometime sounds decent.

I got in the ellipse that night and they were having lots of problems but somehow it made it better. It turned into the aggessive /angry show.

Queen Bee said:
Okay, just heard back from Chizip. Bono sang a few lines in LAPOE like Elvis. There was an Elvis impersonator on stage during the Can't Help Falling In Love snippet. Edge broke a guitar string during Wild Horses so it was Adam and Larry for a duration of the song until he got a hold of an electric guitar for the end of the song. I think that's it :hmm:

God is trying to tell edge that Horses is an ELECTRIC song, and shouldn't be played acoustic...

and God is right

Jamescorymiko said:

Just wanted to put this out there to help us appreciate our boys, even when the set doesn't change up much. Even the songs we get "sick of" still do rock as far as songs go. Not many shows you can go to where that is true.

I agree, what can look very bland on paper/monitor changes completely when you're there. :up:

AtomicBono said:

that would be wonderful of you. thanks so much.

and yeah, 5/7 is underrated. it got a bit swept under what with the dvd madness and 5/12. but it was solid, and had some wonderful moments.

anyway, thanks to everyone who made the setlist updates happen tonight! :)

cbradfly1 said:

Didn't know that. Like "Wild Horses," I think it works better in a Bad snippet. Have you heard that 9/21 recording Avexer? Just judging by your posts, I think you would enjoy it.

I have indeed heard it - it's absolutely gorgeous! I think it works best in Bad too. Though I disagree about WGRYWH: that was amazing when they played it electric. One of the absolute highlights at my three Boston shows.

Jamescorymiko said:

She said, "Obviously U2, but what moment?"

I said, "There is no one moment, the whole thing just rocks from start to finish. It wasn't like the Bon Jovi concert where you rock out to a song, then have to wait 5 more to rock out again."

Real quick, I'd have to say that one of my top concert moments and definately my top U2 moment was the April 22nd, 1987 show when they came on stage with the house lights still on before the show while Lennon's version of "Stand By Me" was playing on the PA and slowly joined in singing and playing along to the song until the *were* playing the song themselves with Bono ad libbing a bunch of lyrics about LA. I have rarely seen a crowd go so nuts in nearly 30 years of concerts.

T.B.

Axver said:

I have indeed heard it - it's absolutely gorgeous! I think it works best in Bad too. Though I disagree about WGRYWH: that was amazing when they played it electric. One of the absolute highlights at my three Boston shows.

well, Axman, we agree again...

the electric version of HORSES from this tour is sublime...

i saw it in Dublin and it has become one of my favorite concert moments

the acoustic version chokes in comparison

Swedish TV station SVT2 aired a special program tonight (Nov. 4) promoting the upcoming Vertigo 2005 Live from Chicago DVD release. Fourteen songs from the DVD were shown on the program: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, The Electric Co., New Year's Day, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, One, Mysterious Ways, Original Of The Species, Yahweh and 40.

U2 fan site U2.se watched the show and wrote up a recap and review. (Thx U2tour.de and U2.se)

SMB

Alright, here it is, one of the best versions of Bad ever, and my personal favourite:

http://s54.y ousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0E9P36HHI5V2C1N2IDQSUBGTST

Bono's intro to it was beautiful. It makes me cry sometimes.

I remember feeling out of place at the concert because the INSTANT that loop started I started screaming and it seemed kinda quiet around me...

cbradfly1 said:
"Whatever has you by the tail..." "Hope your're free of it soon."

I have the whole show and it sometime sounds decent.

I got in the ellipse that night and they were having lots of problems but somehow it made it better. It turned into the aggessive /angry show.

it was. it was my first on the tour, so it's hard for me to really look back on it, and i was in seats, but... there was a lot of emotion. and adam was ON FIRE.

and yes, that bit of bono's from before "bad..." that was intense, and it upped the entire song a notch, which is saying A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom