Las Vegas I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoraSEB said:
Even though I suck at math, I'm happy for those who do well at it. I would like to understand it better, but my poor addled brain won't let me. I get very confused very easily.

Oy, tell me about it! It's like a pile of mess in my head. Bad times...

Lila64 said:

My high school math teacher told us that math teaches logic... :hmm:

my pre calc teacher says that math has been scientifically proven to connect nerves or tissues in your brain or something so it makes you smarter when you are older :huh:

I'm not sure if she was lying or not :hmm: :lmao:

here's a pic showing how this venue is a little different....

T40407120229220.jpg

T40407120229200.jpg

cleazer said:
I've seen enough math to last me a lifetime. I always thought the calculus classes were a little odd in college. I thought Calc 5 was a piece of cake, but I struggled mightily with Calc 6. Strange how they were so different from each other.

What all did you cover in Calc. 5 and 6? I'm just curious.

Y'know it's funny, I absolutely kicked ass at math, could ace it standing on my head...until I got to calculus which made 0 sense to me. I managed to get a B but damned if I know how...

Queen Bee said:
Calm down, pepo.

think that here's 2:15 AM :crazy:

add to that that Australia is getting the Tour and we don't :sad:

also add that the only way to see the Rolling Stones is to go to Argentina because they skipped Chile :|

you can say that I'm "definetely" about to crack

the only thing good right now is Crazy Wife :hyper:

sami0201 said:

my pre calc teacher says that math has been scientifically proven to connect nerves or tissues in your brain or something so it makes you smarter when you are older :huh:

That is, for the record, true. It's true about most anything, though--learning anything "new" or reasonably abstract, as math eventually gets, helps you when you're older. In fact, it's a good idea to keep learning, reading, and asking active questions. It staves off Alzheimer's.

sami0201 said:

Sort of true, but then, it's true for anything you learn...causes neural connections that weren't there in the first place.

Actually, music training has been shown to be beneficial for logical/scientific-type thought processes. :nerd:

they're playing in THAT? :|

I've seen toilets bigger than that

(toilet joke provided by Married with Children starting on TV :bow: )

If you shout... said:

What all did you cover in Calc. 5 and 6? I'm just curious.
It was so long ago I can hardly remember. I know for Calc 5 we spent a lot of time on matrices, and the teacher had a horrible asain accent and was nearly impossible to understand.

Calc 6 I really don't remember, but it didn't seem to have anything to do with matrixes. Probably some sort of advanced differentials or something like that. Really too long ago to remember though.

one4u2 said:
Look what I just found on U2Log :happy: I do believe it's the Australian flag!

bono-ozflag-thumb.jpg

:barf: :barf: :barf:

WRONG FLAG, BONO!

:love: He wants the New Zealand flag :love:

Is that the same arena they played in Vegas on the E tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom