Larry Mullens Email to U2.com Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Larry! You've got some balls, bro! :applaud:

But being the analytical-rereading-shit-a-million-times-picking-it-apart-person-that-I-am, does it mean that people who bought tickets for the 1st leg will be thrown back into the pre-sale mix for the 3rd leg? For example, if I didn't get tickets for the 1st leg, would someone who did, possibly be in front of me (based on if they're a Prop member or joined u2.com before me) for tickets for the 3rd leg?

Anyone else read it this way?

That's exactly how I feel LOL. I'm sitting here with a booboo face on...I'm just happy that my friends are starting to get theirs, I can live vicariously through you :hug:

EPandAmerica said:

This is my case, because the day before the presale I could not get a clear answer from u2.com about saving the codes for the fall leg of the tour, or if you had to use it or lose it.

So I used it for San Diego and got nosebleeds.

Anyway, at this point I am just happy to be in the building and thankful I can travel to concerts. So it is good that they are working all of this out, and hopfully it will work smoother next go round.

Ditto

I am just really happy to be in the building on May 7 in Chicago:hyper:

I thought the letter was fantastic. He addressed many questions that many people had, and then when on to diss those so called "former" u2 fans who stated that it was the band's scam.

Guinness Stout said:

I believe the first word begins with an F, and the second with an O

Yup! That's my take on it too.

I'm damned sure the two words weren't "Guest List" :D

Well I haven't gotten the letter yet. Yup I am an old propaganda member since the early 90's and yes I got 1 GA during the pre-sale. I'm glad Larry spoke his mind. I'm not looking far ahead to the 3rd leg yet. Anything can happen between then and now. As long as I get to see the group and get ANY seat in the place I'm happy. Don't have to be the first in line just have a shot and I'm good. Just glad somebody spoke up!!

Re: Re: larry mullens e-mail to U2.com members

ramblin rose said:

I don't think the PS was uncalled for at all. There is a big difference between launching legitimate complaints to the powers that be and immediately calling into question the bands integrity..the PS was directed at the people who did the latter. And there are plenty of them.

I agree. There was some really nasty stuff out there about the band's integrity. It was horrid, and it pissed me off, too.

I would like to know if anyone out there had any difficulties or knows of anyone who experienced difficulties purchasing handicapped tickets for any of the shows, either with TM or with the venue direct. Please if you could PM me I would really appreciate it. I believe I have some friends who have valid concerns and complaints I will be helping them file. Thanks!
K.S.

Glad to see the band taking personal interest in the problems. However my userid is 120,000-something and so I probably won't ever get tix which in the end is fine with me. More money in my pocket. I'll just rent the DVD.

Larry's message shows that they are indeed aware of the major problems. I do agree that his "P.S." is unnecessary. There was a lot of hassle and rightful indignation at possible fraud, with arena seating charts being switched and nosebleeds that can be obtained night-of-show for less than a $40 surcharge.

My two cents.

RobertWiscy said:
I do agree that his "P.S." is unnecessary. There was a lot of hassle and rightful indignation at possible fraud, with arena seating charts being switched and nosebleeds that can be obtained night-of-show for less than a $40 surcharge.

My two cents.

I don't think his PS was aimed at those with rightful gripes about the presale. His PS was aimed at those who automatically and instantly assumed that U2 was behind all this/didn't give a shit about the fans anymore/sold out/were trying to scew us out of our money/etc. I'm glad he included it.

Diemen said:

I don't think his PS was aimed at those with rightful gripes about the presale. His PS was aimed at those who automatically and instantly assumed that U2 was behind all this/didn't give a shit about the fans anymore/sold out/were trying to scew us out of our money/etc. I'm glad he included it.
100% correct, i also belive his "these two words" was aimed at the ones who said they sold out bla bla, larry a big well done, you have said what all us "true" fans feel

Thank you Larry -- God, it's weird how much better I feel after that letter. I can once again look forward to the upcoming show rather than feel frustrated and angry. I'm a Prop member who got nosebleeds (altho grateful to be in the door, don't get me wrong) after they changed the seating chart and the seats I thought were pretty close turned out to be the other side of the arena.

Also lots of fiascos with U2.com membership discount, yada yada -- but all is forgiven since Larry had the guts to stand up and acknowledge the problems. Love you, Larry -- and the rest of U2 who I know stood behind him on this -- thank you for recognizing the feelings of your loyal longtime fans.
AND re your PS - I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom