Larry Mullens Email to U2.com Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:

After about 5 phone calls and 8 or 9 emails to everyone I could possibly complain to (including all the emails of top executives @ signature networks) the person who resolved it for me was the sbentley person at signature networks. I think their email was posted on another thread here dealing with this or in the thread on EYKIW about the whole prop fiasco.

They got a code to me literally within a half hour of me writing to them and attaching all of the previous emails I had sent trying to resolve the issue. (The emails included all of my Prop information, code, date of last renewal, etc.)

Thanks so much! I just sent an email to the sbentley person. Hope this works out...

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

May I ask how you were finally able to get your code? I tried for awhile and I wasn't able to get mine. And I think once you have the code, you're in their database as a Prop member, so you don't have to worry about priority for the fall tickets. :)

Actually, if anyone who didn't get their code originally and somehow managed to get it could post or PM me to let me know how you got it, I'd be extremely grateful. I think it's fantastic that Larry sent out this email. I have so much respect for that man at this moment. And it's unexpectedly awesome that they're going to try to improve the ticketing for the fall. I think this is probably the best thing that could have been done in this situation, so I really hate to be negative...But I will be extremely sad and angry if I get screwed again with this like I did with the membership fee. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Try checking out this thread.....http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106475&perpage=15&pagenumber=19

But basically, I think everyone who was part of the group who got left out was *finally* helped out by this SBentley person. Email SBentley@signaturesnet.com. That seemed to do the trick for a lot of us. I got my code within a few hours after emailing that addy

Re: Re: Larry Mullens Email to U2.com Members

knox said:

I can understand giving former Prop members priority -- that's about loyalty, and I think it's stupid that people who paid half of what I did get priority over me, but at least I can accept it. But by penalizing me for joining late, I'm virtually guarunteed jack shit.

I really hope that this isn't true.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I often am and I haven't bothered to look this up. Didn't Propaganda members pay $20 earlier and $20 now. Which is really the same thing as $40 to me.

As for penalizing you, my guess is that in the fall, there will be a larger pool of better tickets for all members. So you will still be better off then than the people who bought tickets for leg 1.

but I feel bad for those who used their codes and received nosebleeds.

This is my case, because the day before the presale I could not get a clear answer from u2.com about saving the codes for the fall leg of the tour, or if you had to use it or lose it.

So I used it for San Diego and got nosebleeds.

Anyway, at this point I am just happy to be in the building and thankful I can travel to concerts. So it is good that they are working all of this out, and hopfully it will work smoother next go round.

This is great. Glad to see the band come forward and straighten all of this out.

How could I ever doubt my heroes since adolescence.

I guess my beef was mainly with ticketmaster and fanfire-I tend to get a little extreme as far as corporate crime is concerned and my rhetoric get a little shall we say-heated?

Anyhoo, I feel relieved that they're making this effort and a bit guilty for not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I forgive them and hope they forgive people like me

AWESOME!!!! My faith in the band is completely restored. And the U2 fansites should not take this as a slight. If it were not for the courageous work of Interference, atu2, U2log, etc. to push this issue into the forefront, changes would not have been made (and perhaps the band itself would not have been made aware of the issue).

People were angry, and rightfully so, but some of the venum spewed by supposedly loyal fans deserves Larry's rebuke. Thank you Larry!!!!

Monkey79 said:

Try checking out this thread.....http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106475&perpage=15&pagenumber=19

But basically, I think everyone who was part of the group who got left out was *finally* helped out by this SBentley person. Email SBentley@signaturesnet.com. That seemed to do the trick for a lot of us. I got my code within a few hours after emailing that addy

Thanks! What info did you include in your email? Did you have your Prop code? I don't have mine anymore, and I'm afraid that's going to mean that I'm just out of luck, period.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Well, I suppose they have enough time to figure this out, but I feel bad for those who used their codes and received nosebleeds.

That happened to me... but it's not that important really. The bigger picture is that Larry acknowledged what happened and let us know it's being worked on. That's really all I wanted from the start. I trust him... I trust U2 and my faith has been restored. Yay!

I was one of the people blasting U2 as well, but fukk it, I got caught up with emotions from the whole ticket experience.

I'm very glad to read that.

I'll still be the loudest fukker in the arena in May...now I'm even more fired up.

"Thanks to the Edge's parents for 500 pounds. Thanks to Larry Mullen's father for 500 pounds. Thanks to Adam Clayton's parents for 500 pounds. And thanks to my old man for 500 pounds...

"And thanks to all of you who have probably given us 500 pounds each over the years..."

-- Bono, Slane 2001

Nice to see that those words really mean something to Larry.

"The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue."

Wow...this is brilliant, a brain storm....that's almost word for word what was promised when I got the letter saying that Propaganda was being folded into U2.com.

I never questioned the integrity of the band but do hold them accountable when I'm told one thing and then they do another. Ok, so now they come back and say that they're gonna do what they originally said they'd do. I wonder if Larry wrote the original Propaganda letter?

I just hope the code works in the fall. And if it doesn't I guess it will be too late to request a refund....nicely done.

A Very Longtime Member of Propaganda

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh yeah...

I've got three words for those who made certain promises at the outset and then didn't make sure they were lived up to...

How about four words?

Five words?

Ok...now I've got six words...

No, no, no....wait...I've got seven words.

Fourteen words?

How about just one word.

Want to buy a vowel?

Last edited:
Larry is hilarious. :lol: And good for him, I'm glad somebody finally addressed the situation.

Sadly, I only joined U2. com like 5 days before the first pre-sale, so I don't stand a chance of being offered tickets. Guess I'll take the refund.

Fair play to the man, he could have just sat back and blamed it on someone else but he's at least had the decency to apologise. The past few weeks of this whole ticket fiasco...it's been a musical journey.
:banghead:

:applaud:

Well done U2 and U2.com

We now know that the band is aware of the problems during the pre-sale and want to rectify the situation for the fans.

:up:

Neale1984 said:
The past few weeks of this whole ticket fiasco...it's been a musical journey.
:banghead:

I know its seems like a few weeks, but it's been just a bit over a week since this ticket fiasco happened.

fah said:
~How do we know this is Larry~

<sorry someone had to say it>

But all joking aside I'm glad that someone from U2 finally spoke up. :up:

true it may not have been directly written by larry, but i don't think anything would get posted on u2.com with larry's name on it without his consent.

btw, i finally got the letter! :)

nbcrusader said:
:applaud:

Well done U2 and U2.com

We now know that the band is aware of the problems during the pre-sale and want to rectify the situation for the fans.

:heart: Larry :heart:

Awesome letter by Larry. Love the PS. : )

The way I read it they will start fresh this fall. All existing code will be good for the fall pre-sales - but there will also be an in-house effort to distribute tickets. People with unused code will be able to use code for the presale and also receive tickets through U2's in-house efforts. -That's my guess. I think the presale in the fall will not be much better then what we have seen on this first leg because almost all of the best seats will go toward satisfying demand in the in-house effort. Is this confusing? It's the way I read it. OTH, there will be little code left for the 3rd leg - so for some markets it could be a cake walk in addition to the in-house effort.
I doubt those lucky few who have GA'd in the first leg will be disqualified from the 3rd leg efforts. It's just too much of a nightmare to sort through 50,000 ticket orders and see who got what. Likewise, anyone who used code and got lousy seats - will get another chance this fall. (How do you decide if the tickets were good or not? - gets too subjective.) Everyone will be included. U2 will start from scratch, they will have the tickets under their control, and they will distribute based on priority.

Unfortunately some "fans" still whine. (Must be the self-esteem crap they teach in schools) Priority for Prop and date of joining U2.com is as fair as can be.*
Larry invites anyone to take the $40 refund offer (and sit and watch the fall tour unfold). Larry also said U2 will do as best they can - and that means everyone will get a shot at decent seats on the third leg. Many - but not all - will get GAs (how people fair will almost as much depend on your market as it will whether you're Prop/your date of subscription), and the non GA seats will truly be "best available" in their price range. Bet on it. Larry apologized for the screw up and said they will make good on it.

And finally... Larry said F-You to anyone who continues to nurse grievances and gives it a life of its own - to the extent of ignoring and dismissing the band's later steps, words, intentions and APOLOGIES. Could you possibly imagine having a "friend" like that? Who treats you this way despite all your efforts to address what was literally a mistake? That person is not a "friend" and these people aren't "fans." They may like the band - but they're not a "fan" in any sense of the word that I understand it.

Way to go Larry, and thanks for writing.

----------------------------------------

*No one can argue that a last minute U2.com subscriber is the same level of fan as a 10 year Prop member - who has paid dues year in year out - most years when the band isn't even touring. Disclosure: I'm not a Prop member - have been in the past - This time around I am an (early) January joined U2.com subscriber. The Prop fans who kept there membership alive these past three years deserve seats before me. They do. Having said that, I would hang on to even a January 28th membership - I think the band will have inventory to be able to meet most fans expectations with 30-40 dates in the fall. I really do. They're the greatest band in the world and you don't get that way by being half-assed. Their attention is on this - it will get sorted.

:lmao: I literally have not stopped laughing since I opened up my hotmail an hour ago :lmao:
Larry kills me....absolutely kills me!:laugh:

this was perfect. especially the last line :wink:

I was mad as hell after the sales, but only really at u2.com and ticketbastard. I said I would wait to see how u2 deal with this, and if they brushed it off their shoulders I would be angry at them at well.

but the steps they have taken the last few days and now this letter from larry, it's great.

LOL!

We all know what Larry's "two words" are.

Love it.

He's the rock of the band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom