Larry and the Red Sox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

Translation:

I like my team when they win. When they're down, I take time off, and find a reason that sounds logical and will justify my flight.

as usual you are wrong again.
this is what I said before.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2969892#post2969892

I like my team just hate the owner, & when they get a new one who cares about the team they'll turn things around.
Don't worry it'll be only 85 more years till bost wins again...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Imarocker said:
I still follow the Tigers, just hate the owner. Once he's gone I'll root for them again. Right now I don't really cheer on one specific team, I just would like to see someone else win that hasn't won in a while.

I never jumped off the 'bandwagon', just stopped it for a while.

Yes. This is the quote, which you think vindicates you, but it actually sells you down the river.

Maybe someday your "team" will have a new owner (ie: win games), and you can start to root for them again.

Because your post clearly states you've stopped.

i'm a knicks fan.

i fucking despise jim dolan.

every day i wake up and say a prayer to the sports gods that the dolan's up and decide to sell madison square garden. yet thus far, my prayers have gone unanswered.

that said, i still root for the knicks and the knicks alone. eventually when the team does get turned around and finally wins a championship for the first time in 30+ years, it'll make it all the more rewarding that i had to sit through this shit.

but that's just me.

you'd get more sympathy from me if you simply rooted for a hated team to lose. i do that lots of times... red sox... yankees... red sox... pistons... red sox...

"you'd get more sympathy from me if you simply rooted for a hated team to lose."

Teams I root for to LOSE
red sux.
Pats
Notre Dame
la Lakers
Eagles
red wings
ohio state

if I think of anymore I'll add them

Dear U2:
If someone hands any of you a Patriots jersey in December, please resist the temptation to put it on. Just a bit of friendly advice from what is left of Red Sox Nation.

Thank you.

Chris in NH

randhail said:

I'm not specifically talking baseball, we've got a pretty solid football team up here too.

Larry and Bono know what's up.

Bono just wishes he could be Tom Brady.

Or perhaps Tom Brady wishes he could be Bono...:hmm:

Well, sadly the Red Sox are out. But being originally from Chicago, I can cheer for the White Sox. Of course, I've always liked the Cubs more. If the White Sox do go on to miraculously win it all (highly unlikely), that will leave only the Cubs as losers for nearly a century. Losers for 100 years, yet they still sell out every game. Rather amazing really.

1987 U2 played in the arena in St. Louis during the World Series and Bono wore a Cardinals jacket - needless to say the Cardinals lost the World Series:huh:

Back
Top Bottom