Larry and the Red Sox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imarocker said:
I already gave my opinion on the Tigers, when they get a new owner they'll turn the team around.
Seems to me it took that same thing to happen in boston,
didn't win till they got a new ownership.

baseball will be over in mass by fri.....
GO WHITE SOX

Oh no you didn't. :madspit:

So does anyone think it will be a downer having to go to the show tonight after the Red Sox lose the first game.:slant:

Hey RademR,

Hope the Red Sox Come back too, even from a chicago guy.

Send me an email, i hope to go to D.C in a week for the concerts

ramblin rose said:
So does anyone think it will be a downer having to go to the show tonight after the Red Sox lose the first game.:slant:

No way. Once Arcade of Fire starts playing, everything out side of the FleetGarden will fade away :D

Normally I would herald this moment, but since my white sox are playing the red sox right now (and kicking their butt in the first game), I have to say boooooooo :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think they should all wear that t shirt that says A Rod sucks the..(fill in the blank)

Take out the "the"

A-ROD sucks...
Jeter? perhaps? You could also go to Yankeessuck.com
and get some shirts there.

Either that or get some BIG PAPI FOR MVP shirts

Hopefully edge has been following the MVP stats

BIG PAPI-148 RBIs :rockon:
Manny-144 RBIs

and where's A-ROD?
A-Rod-130 RBIs :tsk: :down:

Targon1991 said:

Take out the "the"

A-ROD sucks...
Jeter? perhaps? You could also go to Yankeessuck.com
and get some shirts there.

Either that or get some BIG PAPI FOR MVP shirts

Hopefully edge has been following the MVP stats

BIG PAPI-148 RBIs :rockon:
Manny-144 RBIs

and where's A-ROD?
A-Rod-130 RBIs :tsk: :down:

of course the fact that a-rod has a higher batting average, 21 stolen bases, more runs scored, a higher on base perecentage, a higher slugging percentage, more homeruns, the likely gold glove winner at third base and on top of it his team actually won the division won't be taken into effect in the mvp voting...

i really don't wanna get into another bitching fest like i did last year but god i friggin hate red sox fans... so whiney. you should all love a-rod... if the trade theo had worked out had gone through, manny would have been gone and you guys wouldn't have won that world series last year. it's not like he chose the yankees over the red sox. your own friggin management screwed it up.

bah

i'm done.

edit... and of course when i say hate, i say it with love

one of my best friends is a red sox fan. i don't hate him, i just hate him when he starts talking about hte red sox.

Last edited:
it was a lighthearted comment headache, chill out. Seems to me you're the one getting worked up over a Red Sox shirt :shrug: I don't know why we're not allowed to "celebrate" Bono wearing that shirt. You even had to comment on it in PLEBA.

I don't truly hate A Rod or think he enjoys oral sex w/ guys, OK?

No headache, that's not right. If you want to spend time getting in a pissing contest w/ me here, well :shrug: I think it's really silly. Your comments don't seem lighthearted to me, you really seem to get all worked up over it.

I just don't get why we can't enjoy Bono wearing that shirt

MrsSpringsteen said:
No headache, that's not right. If you want to spend time getting in a pissing contest w/ me here, well :shrug: I think it's really silly. Your comments don't seem lighthearted to me, you really seem to get all worked up over it.

I just don't get why we can't enjoy Bono wearing that shirt

when the "enjoyment" involves all various forms of "yankees suck," and "a-rod sucks the...," i don't see why i can't respond to that mindless B.S.

enjoyment is one thing... using the enjoyment to take shots will, and should, get a response.

OK headache, you win :hug:

people started this thread just trying to enjoy it, what's the big deal? looking back you were the one who first chimed in to say it was a "gimmick" (so what?) and to yawn, etc

Last edited:
I give up headache, seriously. Olive is a great person so there's really no need to get so upset over her saying that. Please, OK? :)

You might even be able to get along w/ me, if you can imagine that :)

well i think we can all agree Edge is a jackass for denouncing the Rams

Headache in a Suitcase said:

of course the fact that a-rod has a higher batting average, 21 stolen bases, more runs scored, a higher on base perecentage, a higher slugging percentage, more homeruns, the likely gold glove winner at third base and on top of it his team actually won the division won't be taken into effect in the mvp voting...

i really don't wanna get into another bitching fest like i did last year but god i friggin hate red sox fans... so whiney. you should all love a-rod... if the trade theo had worked out had gone through, manny would have been gone and you guys wouldn't have won that world series last year. it's not like he chose the yankees over the red sox. your own friggin management screwed it up.

bah

i'm done.

edit... and of course when i say hate, i say it with love

one of my best friends is a red sox fan. i don't hate him, i just hate him when he starts talking about hte red sox.

Well your right about the theo trade, but it didn't happen. Also, Manny got off his ass after the trade fell through. He got the message.
And some Yankees fans are so damn cocky, like they cant be defeated. Also some of them have no idea what they are talking about (my brother). So I reserve my right to shove it in thier faces.

You, however are not one of those fans. You are nice and acctually know what your talking about. :)

So if it comes down to the yankees Vs. the red sox, which it will. Let the best team win...
*cough* red sox *cough* :shifty:

2 down 1 to go...the season ends friday in bost I can't WAIT

oh by the way what did I say about Defense??? sox' error leads to 3 runs & another LOSS

Imarocker said:
I already gave my opinion on the Tigers, when they get a new owner they'll turn the team around.
Seems to me it took that same thing to happen in boston,
didn't win till they got a new ownership.

baseball will be over in mass by fri.....
GO WHITE SOX

Translation:

I like my team when they win. When they're down, I take time off, and find a reason that sounds logical and will justify my flight.

Back
Top Bottom