LA 2 Setlist Party Thread 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thetitans2k said:

Rugby Union?? I thought it was just called rugby. I understand that you need to be athletic for rugby, but cricket... you gotta be kidding me. That sport is a joke. I could be a top 10 player in the world in cricket if I was so inclined and if you could even play cricket in North America.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Please don't start this arguement again. :sad: :sad:

thetitans2k said:

Rugby Union?? I thought it was just called rugby. I understand that you need to be athletic for rugby, but cricket... you gotta be kidding me. That sport is a joke. I could be a top 10 player in the world in cricket if I was so inclined and if you could even play cricket in North America.

There's rugby union and rugby league, which I as a Kiwi call rugby and league respectively but as I've been in Australia so long, I normally use 'rugby union' now for ease of distinction.

And what you just wrote about cricket clearly shows you are thoroughly ignorant about it and your opinion is null and void. Educate thyself. I recommend you start with a book on the art of spin bowling.

thetitans2k said:
I need some more north Americans to back me up. I feel like im alone here.

Fact: Most North Americans haven't a fucking clue about sport.

Because seriously, if two of the most popular sports on the continent are American football and baseball, the place clearly hasn't a damn clue.

Axver said:

There's rugby union and rugby league, which I as a Kiwi call rugby and league respectively but as I've been in Australia so long, I normally use 'rugby union' now for ease of distinction.

And what you just wrote about cricket clearly shows you are thoroughly ignorant about it and your opinion is null and void. Educate thyself. I recommend you start with a book on the art of spin bowling.

I think I'd sooner read "Contradiction is balance: Axver's LiveJournal." over some book about cricket.

Axver said:

Because seriously, if two of the most popular sports on the continent are American football and baseball, the place clearly hasn't a damn clue.

:mad:

At least dingos don't eat our babies! :madspit:

and yes I'm kidding :wink:

the rockin edge said:

I'm American and I agree with Axver & Gibson Girl (but adding football to the list)

I take it you mean soccer by 'football'? (I avoid the word 'football' as so many people take it to mean so many different things.)

If so, it ranks pretty highly for me but I haven't a definite ranking beyond the top two.

And hey, Gibbo: hop on AIM!

Axver said:

Have you ever watched the NBA?

If not, you may stop arguing. I have watched cricket, I nearly fell asleep.

Sports arguments=great setlist parties.

Axver said:

to each his own....i mean i work at a sports television network and we can't agree which is the best............the world can hate our sports.....whatever, its all about where you are from anyway...you can't convince someone from Ax's part of the world to like football or even consider it a sport, he hasn't lived it...just like I couldn't give two shits about rugby really, i don't hate it, i just don't it (players, rules, rivalry) etc......sport is sport-there is always another game tomorrow

thetitans2k said:

Have you ever watched the NBA?

If not, you may stop arguing. I have watched cricket, I nearly fell asleep.

Sports arguments=great setlist parties.

I've watched basketball, yeah. It's by far the most tolerable of the North American sports. It certainly can't hold a candle to rugby or cricket though. Cricket is the height of culture in sport.

(For the record, I am not considering ice hockey as a North American sport.)

Axver said:

I've watched basketball, yeah. It's by far the most tolerable of the North American sports. It certainly can't hold a candle to rugby or cricket though. Cricket is the height of culture in sport.

(For the record, I am not considering ice hockey as a North American sport.)

You should consider Ice Hockey as a North American sport as it is Canadas sport. Last time I checked Canada was in North America. Hockey is also growing in the USA.

Well apparently Zootopia has been streaming the shows as well so next time we don't have a source...................

timothius said:

Sadly not. These West Coast times don't suit me. :down:

Well, the West Coast is stuck in the 1860s, so I understand.

(You know the West Coast I mean.)

thetitans2k said:

You should consider Ice Hockey as a North American sport as it is Canadas sport. Last time I checked Canada was in North America. Hockey is also growing in the USA.

The reason I didn't consider it as a North American sport is due to its immense popularity in Russia and the Scandinavian nations, which total more than USA+Canada+Mexico.

thetitans2k said:

Hey hey, as a Fast bowler who enjoys inflicting pain on Batsmen I think you should reconsider what you said....Fast bowlers need to be Iron men to bowl 6 over on the trot at full pace.

one4u2 said:
Well apparently Zootopia has been streaming the shows as well so next time we don't have a source...................

Did they get the idea from here? Hmm, could there be a mole? :hmm:

I wish I could find out what is going to be played tonight! I won't be around to witness it! :sad: It's for a good cause though! :hyper:

Axver said:

The reason I didn't consider it as a North American sport is due to its immense popularity in Russia and the Scandinavian nations, which total more than USA+Canada+Mexico.

DO you know for a fact that the popularity is higher in Russia and Scandinavia? Im honestly curious to know. I though that Canada would be at the top.

thetitans2k said:

DO you know for a fact that the popularity is higher in Russia and Scandinavia? Im honestly curious to know. I though that Canada would be at the top.

the one thing about hockey in the US is that it is very regional......people in alabama or nebraska couldn't care less about it but in the countries that Ax mentioned you can go anywhere and the people care about that sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom