Kings of Leon rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Went to the chicago show of 12/5 and just got back after a long and tiring flight from new york....The concert was amazing but could have been much more amazing for my brother and myself if we wouldn't had to deal with some hillbilly cowboys who have a: no f*** clue that city of blinding lights is NOT streets, b: who are rude and intollerant and have no idea what this band is about. the thing is: when you are used to standing 2 feet from the band, watching it with lets put it politely the non hardcore fans is very very difficult :wink:

I almost got into a fight with some drunk mofo.....oh my god it's streets oh my god it's streets...NO IT's NOT IDIOT...

now the good part....u2 were on fire and the set was great...missed the bombshelter feeling but hey you can't win them all and the view from high above was pretty cool.you don;t really get the whole picture when you are in front...

the other positive thing..Kings of Leon ruled! I only knew one song of this band who get trashed by most people here...very nice set and very rock 'n roll...i would love to see them on their own with a decent sound because man that sucked big time....

Can;t wait for the amsterdam shows!

Rock on!

Kings of Leon IMO were ok, but I couldn't understand anything the guy sang, other than M*****f****r which he articulated very well. Jesus(as my friend referred to him as) playing the drums, was pretty cool though. Their album is fairly good, but having them before U2 is kinda blah IMO. If it had been The Killers, I would have loved it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kings of Leon this weekend. I've got both their albums, and I'm especially impressed with their more recent one, which I'm sure I'll be blasting for at least part of my 3 hour drive to Philly!

I read a lot of the criticism of KOL, so I thought I'd give them a chance and got to the arena in time to catch their set. My first impression: LOUD. Over the din, they were very energetic and thanked the crowd several times for being "respectful" of their set. But as someone unfamiliar with their music, it was just way too LOUD to appreciate. I'm sure if you are already a KOL fan, you will love it. Musically they were tight but lyrically they were really, really way to loud to be intelligible.

bombergirl1978 said:
Kings of Leon IMO were ok, but I couldn't understand anything the guy sang, other than M*****f****r which he articulated very well. Jesus(as my friend referred to him as) playing the drums, was pretty cool though. Their album is fairly good, but having them before U2 is kinda blah IMO. If it had been The Killers, I would have loved it.

haha..the drummer rocked. He reminded me of Teen Wolf. Also, the lead singer reminded me of a very young David Gilmour. (in looks only.. his guitar skills didn't impress).

It's a shame they weren't dialed in properly while they were playing at such a loud volume. I kinda liked what I heard, I just couldn't fully appreciate it because at times it almost seemed like white noise.

Anyone know where I can get the setlist they have been playing at the U2 shows? I really like a couple songs of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom