Kids in the GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xERINx

The Fly
Hey there -

I'm considering taking my younger sibling to see U2. She wants to go like mad! I was wondering if it would be wise to let her tag along in the GA line for hours on end, to get in the front. And if there's any other kids that have done it before?

thousands, not one death yet! :wink:

I have seen many many kids there, its pretty boring however and wouldn't do it to my kids (if I had any) and in fact don't do it to myself. Bring the necessary's and be ready for some crabby kids come show time. But it's probably worth it.

Sunblock
Water (lots)
Ear Protection
Proper Clothing
Food
Babysitter

You should be fine. GA however is pretty bad for kids. They cannot see from there, unless they are perhaps on the very first row and that isn't a safe spot in my estimation.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't bring a child into GA. The only possible safe spot would probably be inside the Ellipse at the back of the Ellipse where there's less people.

If you're trying to get to somewhere where he/she can actually see on the floor, then forget it. Buy a seat. Plus you don't have to deal with sunburnt, bored kids by showtime.

And you can pretty much bet that once you pick a GA spot, the kid will have to pee at some point and you'll lose your spot and end up at the back anyways.

I was next to some 1o-12 year olds in GA. It was a lot for them. They coudn't see and had to leave early because it was too much. I would really be scared to bring a young one to GA.

I'm taking my little sis, but she just turned 16 and is taller than I am so she's not much of a kid anymore. There was a little girl at the Chicago show I was at. They were at the back of the ellipse and the security guard let her sit on the railing.

Having the kid with you just might be your ticket to the rail. Although it's difficult to see if other GA patrons would do the right thing and allow the kid to see.

inmyplace13 said:
Having the kid with you just might be your ticket to the rail. Although it's difficult to see if other GA patrons would do the right thing and allow the kid to see.

call me an asshole, but if i got there early enough to be on the rail, waited in line all day to be on the rail, i wouldn't be giving up my rail spot. why would it be the 'right thing' to give up a spot that you 'earned' by staying outside or waking up early or even camping out just because somebody brought their kid along?

plus if you're bringing the kid to be your 'ticket to the rail' then something is wrong.

if youre going to bring a child, i suggest seats. that way if the kid gets tired he or she can just sit down, good luck doing that in GA. you also won't have be lined up for hours on end to get a good spot, saving yourself and the kid a lot of potential whining and problems.

To be honest, I didn't mean what I said. I just wanted it to get the front page to say "inmyplace13" on every forum just to see if I could do it. I was bored.

I've got GAs for Dallas and I will give up my spot to no one, not even Keira Knightley. So I hear you.

I think it depends how old the kids are. I mean if you're definition of kids is like under 15 or like under 10 it makes a difference. I'm fifteen and I'm going!!!!!(seats not GA's unfortunately) but my parents have been taking me to concerts since I was like 6. I think if the kid is under 10 ish though they would probably get bored and banged up with GA tickets

Back
Top Bottom