Keane - How are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Skirt

The Fly
I looked around and couldn't find a thread discussion opening bands, so I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere...

I really like Keane and am looking forward to seeing them live opening for U2 in NYC this next week. How are they? What have you guys thought so far? If it's an 8pm show, do they go on right at 8, or is it like 8:15-8:30? I just don't want to miss any of them.

Details please! :)

I have not seen them open for U2, but I saw them earlier this year and they were GREAT. It was a theatre and I was front row though... I am not exactly sure how their type of performance translates to an Arena...

:hmm:

I haven't seen them live before but would like to. Their album is good :). They are similar type of music to Coldplay for those who don't know them.

Saw them about a week ago at ACL. They sounded great. Well worth your time if you plan on getting to the show early.

Well I saw them live here in Montreal at a theatre show and they were just FANTASTIC. Real energy, great with the crowd, had everyone bouncing all night.

Just felt like a very honest, genuine performance, even more than when I saw Coldplay TBH.

Yay! I can't wait to see them.

So about timing - if it's listed as an 8pm start, when have they actually been going on? Don't want to miss any of it!!

sheep.gif

I thought they were pretty good last night in Boston. The crowd reacted very well, compared to the reception KOL received. The lead singer was very likable and seemed like he was actually happy to be there. Called "U2 the greatest band in the world", nice way to win over the crowd :) The guy on keyboard is very.. enthusiastic lol

I saw them last night and was extremely impressed. They make Coldplay look like the ASSCLOWNS that they are. Thinking of the Killers, Keane, Arcade Fire, Snow Patrol all of these Bands are giving me back some confidance that there will be some great new music to be listening to in the future.

I'd call it piano pop.....to the extreme!
That guy on the keyboard is nuts. He plays them like they are drums or something. I had never heard any Keane before but was impressed, and honestly thought they were better than Coldplay.

I thought they were awesome and they were extremely well-received by the Boston crowd both nights. Looking forward to seeing them in NYC.

I saw them last Friday night at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. I was very impressed. They should be around a long time.

Keane were one of the few support bands I've seen this tour that kept people in their places. The other 2 were Kaiser Chiefs and Athlete.

One Skirt said:
So about what time do they go on? Right at 8,or a bit after? How long did they play for?

In Boston they went on at 7:30 and played about 40-45 minutes. My guess is they'll do the same in NYC except go on at 8 and play until 8:45 and U2 will go on at 9:15. I got an email from MSG today saying the show Friday would last until "about 11:15"

I thought they were very good, tried very hard, and the crowd kept coming out to watch them. We like it when our performers scream BOSTOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN :wink:

Good show, definitely got the crowd going and excited for U2.

Keane were GREAT. I have their album, and I know their songs. For a three-piece, they rock! Even the two new songs on their upcoming album sounded marvelous!

I saw them last friday at the greek in LA and he mentioned how this was there last show before opening up for "some Irish band" in the east. Of course the crowd went crazy when he said that. But I must say they were pretty good. As for the guy who plays the piano...wow. I will never see the piano the same anymore. He was rocking!!!!!:rockon:

At the shows in Boston, I saw a notebook PC adjacent to the keyboard player. Wanna bet they've got Accidental Damage Coverage on that baby? That keyboard player is GREAT! The whole band is great. A bit of Freddie Mercury in the singer's voice, although I'm sure he's been told that like umpteen gazillion times.

Chris in NH

I saw four opening acts playing on this tour, two in Milan and two in Munich. The second one in Munich was Keane. It was the opening band that got BY FAR the most cheering from U2 fans. The crowd was cheering almost as if it was U2. And their music sounds great.
They came on stage at about 7pm. Don't miss them!

Back
Top Bottom