Kanye - opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wang_chung

The Fly
After initially being dissapointed that Kanye would be opening the Australian shows, i am now somewhat more excited. What do you guys think? I saw him in Dave Chapelles Block Party and he was pretty good

should be good - am looking forward to seeing him. a good contrast to u2 and has some good songs - should be good hearing it loud in the stadiums

It really doesn't matter to me if Kanye is opening - coz I know U2 will be on next :drool: :hyper:

I really enjoyed Kanye West as an opener. Personally I thought it was the best opening act I saw out of four different bands. Tons of energy and just an all around great performer - even if you've never heard of his music

wang_chung said:
After initially being dissapointed that Kanye would be opening the Australian shows, i am now somewhat more excited. What do you guys think? I saw him in Dave Chapelles Block Party and he was pretty good

I'm sorry, I just cannot stand him....Oh well, it won't matter if I get caught in traffic - as long as I'm there for U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

trayzee said:
I would have prefered "Pearl Jam " anyday.

That is the understatement of the day.

I saw Kanye last month at Rock Werchter and he was good. I wouldnt pay to see him but def a solid choice as an opening band(artist).

like I always say, better than Institute.

it's sad that I will never holla that I want pre-nup, I want pre-nup, yeahhh :sad:

Im looking forward to seeing him! I dont think an Australian U2 crowd will really 'get' Kanye too well but it should be good. Cant wait to hear Touch the Sky and Gold Digger.

Arcade Fire would have been better tho :(

bono_man said:
Im looking forward to seeing him! I dont think an Australian U2 crowd will really 'get' Kanye too well but it should be good. Cant wait to hear Touch the Sky and Gold Digger.

Arcade Fire would have been better tho :(

...or Pearl Jam, Keane, Snow Patrol or anyone else.... :D

I would've preferred another opener, but he was alright. He was infinitely better than KOL and Damian Marley, anyway.

His mini-orchestra is amazing.

I saw him three times with U2 and he was phenomenal...I wasn't a fan until I actually saw him perform.

He's got his work cut out trying to win over a U2 audience so it will be interesting to see how he does. There's also quite a difference between playing arenas to playing stadiums.

I'm not a fan of his by any means, but I'll certainly give him a listen...and then I'll make up my mind as to whether I'll watch him again at all the other U2 shows I'm attending!

I'm not really a fan of his genre altogether, doesn't mean I don't think it's good music, I just can't get into it. However, I love the Gold Digger song and was excited to see him live. It was OK, nothing spectacular like I'd been reading ("Kanye's so different from everyone else bla bla bla..."). He didn't really engage the crowd. I thought Damian Marley was the best by far in that respect. It wasn't bad, but it kinda seemed like he was just singing/rapping songs off the CD, it wasn't really a "show". I think I saw him on his first night though, so maybe it got better.

I'm glad he's re-booked as the support. I'm looking forward to it. I love my support acts to be dramaticaly different from the main thing.

Earnie Shavers said:
I'm glad he's re-booked as the support. I'm looking forward to it. I love my support acts to be dramaticaly different from the main thing.

Agreed, a change of pace is always nice especially when you get a "name" act too. Smaller bands are fine but I prefer seeing them in a more intimate setting. KoL might have been good in a club setting but in a large arena they sucked. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom