Just a question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clip51

The Fly
Where did it ever state that U2.com said we will be gaurenteed premier seats? I keep reading how you guys turned down "nose bleeds" or seats you didn't feel you deserved cause you were holding out for those precious GAs... Probably the same people that are mad that you can only buy tickets for one show. Supply and demand people, this is the hottest band out there now.

I took what was offered to me and am happy as a pig in shit. I got tickets to see the greatest band in the land. Paying $40 gave you a better shot than standing in line on Saturday or dealing with the rush of people all over the country at one shot.

I know the system isn't perfect, but I think we need to be grateful for the opportunity we got this morning...

i can see why people are bitter but i would be grateful for any seat too and having an addtional oppurtunity helps a bit. :shrug:

well, I can only afford the $49 seats. I think I was so shocked when I didn't get any GAs after logging in right at 10:00 that I stopped thinking logically. next thing I knew, everything decent was gone.

I didn't spend $40 for a membership to get shitty seats on the side of the stage.

yeah i know. no one did....but beggers can't unfortunately be choosers and if it meant me not going at all i would take what i could get. :sigh:

i didn't get teh pre-sale either so i'll be doing the gen sale with everyone else later this week.

clip51 said:
Where did it ever state that U2.com said we will be gaurenteed premier seats? I keep reading how you guys turned down "nose bleeds" or seats you didn't feel you deserved cause you were holding out for those precious GAs... Probably the same people that are mad that you can only buy tickets for one show. Supply and demand people, this is the hottest band out there now.

I took what was offered to me and am happy as a pig in shit. I got tickets to see the greatest band in the land. Paying $40 gave you a better shot than standing in line on Saturday or dealing with the rush of people all over the country at one shot.

I know the system isn't perfect, but I think we need to be grateful for the opportunity we got this morning...

Great post, clip51.

Ticketmaster scammed us all, so did U2.com.

But all these snooty people who turned their noses up at the $100 seats they were offered, well, they deserve to get nothing.

We deserve better treatment, but hey, I'm happy to be IN THE ARENA. That's what I care about. It will be a blast.

Some of you are morons.

madonna's child said:

I didn't spend $40 for a membership to get shitty seats on the side of the stage.

You snooty idiot!

The membership at least gave you a CHANCE to get seats at face value! Good luck trying to get face value seats on Sunday!

U2atUSC said:

You snooty idiot!

The membership at least gave you a CHANCE to get seats at face value! Good luck trying to get face value seats on Sunday!

Nice talk. I have to agree that $40 to get a chance is not really a great value. You have a chance to get tickets in the public sale so I think it's not surprising that club members are disappointed they didn't do better.

Your chance on the public onsale date is much much worse than on the presale, trust me. All Im saying is U2.com offered us all at $40 (which is an extra $20 per seat in reality) to get tickets a few days ahead of time.

Complain what you will, I am happy, I got seats at the 3 spots I wanted (Philly, MSG, and NJ) and I will give the public onsale a whirl to try to better what I have and get some for friends and family...

U2.com was selling the membership as a replacement for Propaganda. I think that those who have never been members of Propaganda probably are not dissappointed today. I think that nowadays fans don't expect much from companies like Ticketmaster/Fanfire/Clear Channel so if that is all they know they are not dissappointed. But former Propaganda subscribers know how fans should be treated and therefore are dissappointed. The crux of the matter is that there are many people who payed $40 thinking they were getting an online replacement for Propaganda but instead they got the usual Fanfire/TM/Clear Channel experience.

Let me give you an example of what former Propaganda subscribers were expecting. Before Elevation, I received a paper form in the mail from Prop and filled it in with my first venue choice and my second venue choice and sent it in with a check for the price of two tickets to each show (4 total). A few weeks later in plenty of time for the show, I received an envelope with two GA tickets to MSG (NY) and 2 Golden Circle tickets (first few rows,midcourt) to Continental Airlines Arena (NJ) in the Spring. Then when more shows were added in the fall I received another form from Prop, this time I was limited to only one show. I filled it in and received two more Golden Circle (again first few rows, midcourt) tickets to MSG. So to recap, with Prop, I purchased the chance to get a total of six truly premium tickets to three different shows, in two arenas in the NY metro area, on two legs of one of the highest grossing tours in history for a grand total of $20.

With my discounted U2.com membership, this morning I purchased two tickets for the top tier (aka, nosebleed) of MSG. I will not be able to purchase anymore tickets using this "exclusive" membership for the rest of the tour. And like, my old Prop membership, U2.com cost me $20. I can see how those who spent $40 would be doubly peeved.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be in the building, but you can see how a "spoiled" Prop member would see this as a rip off. I don't mind them charging as much as they did. After all, it is my choice to buy the membership. It's just that they really did market it as a viable replacement for Propaganda. If I knew that it would fall this short of what I got from Prop, I would not have joined.

I feel even worse for those who payed $40 and weren't able to buy any tickets because of technical reasons and because they just weren't available.

Last edited:
clip51 said:
Your chance on the public onsale date is much much worse than on the presale, trust me. All Im saying is U2.com offered us all at $40 (which is an extra $20 per seat in reality) to get tickets a few days ahead of time.

Complain what you will, I am happy, I got seats at the 3 spots I wanted (Philly, MSG, and NJ) and I will give the public onsale a whirl to try to better what I have and get some for friends and family...

And that is because you are not complaining... who the hell are you to give us a lesson? Are you trying to make fun of us because you got tickets?

What an idiot you are. Showing off your tickets in front of other U2 fans who did not get any.

:mad:

I understand this mjkc, for the old users, this is much much different...

Supply and Demand is part of it, this tour is hotter and people are more excited for this tour more than any other before.

If they allowed people to do it the old way now, there wouldn't nearly be enough seats to go around.

If you don't want to shell out whordes of cash, you kinda have to get lucky and be prepared

clip51 said:
I understand this mjkc, for the old users, this is much much different...

Supply and Demand is part of it, this tour is hotter and people are more excited for this tour more than any other before.

If they allowed people to do it the old way now, there wouldn't nearly be enough seats to go around.

If you don't want to shell out whordes of cash, you kinda have to get lucky and be prepared

You honestly think that these tickets are hotter than the ones for the Joshua Tree tour or Zoo TV, especially if you take into account that the tickets were cheaper back then?

Look bro, Im not showing off, Im making a point on how much of idiots some of you are...

For those who;s codes didn;t work or had technical problems, then that sucks and you guys should get refunds. I feel for you...

For those IGNORANT one who turned down upper level seats because they felt they deserved GAs cause they are members are the ones I have the problem with. Re-read my original post, buddy...

Good call U2@NYC

Propaganda members are spoiled because they were pretty much guaranteed GAs to at least 1 show. You had to provide three choices on shows, but you got tickets to at least one of them.

This was supposed to be the new Propaganda, and it is not. Nowhere close. I know I can get crappy seats this weekend. That's not why I paid $20.

I'm not saying everyone should get GA. BUT, I am saying, don't sell the worst seats in the building to the fanclub presale. Give us good to ok seats.

That shouldn't be too much to ask, and is not as much of a shocking downgrade from prop.

I respect the inclination that people who turned down a certain seat for whatever reason shouldnt complain. That was the card they were dealt. If they didnt like the tickets they initially pulled they shouldnt complain.

HOWEVER, the majority of people complaining today are the ones who got zilch and not by their own mistakes or misguidance but by idiots at Ticketmaster who have their heads so far up their ass they cant see 2 cm in front of their face.

I pulled two GA's for Philly only to come to a crash at the end of the transaction. My connection was devoted to TM and I have a very fast connection. I never got the confirmation page but my credit card logged a transaction for the correct amount so I figured it was fine. An hour later my bank called to tell me that Ticketmaster charged me 3 times for the fucking tickets. When I called Ticketmaster they told me that ALL 3 transactions were voided and my tickets were lost.

The majority of the people are not complaining because of seating, some are and they do have a place to bitch. We were told by U2.com that we would have a CHANCE at the best seats in the house. The best seats by all fans measures are the GA's. U2, ClearChannel, Ticketmaster did not make enough of these available. That is fucking obvious.

You got your tickets and many other people didnt through no fault of their own and again on Saturday a lot of us will be left out in the cold yet again because the headaches today will pale in comparison to Saturday. Shut your mouth and fuck off. Many people are pissed at all the companies involved in this disgusting display of "customer" and fan service today. You were one of the lucky ones, shut your mouth you ignorant cunt.

I wanted GA seats, I got the oppertunity to buy reserved seats on the side of the stage and it took it. I'm still going to try to get GA any way I can, but the thing is I still have tickets to fall back on. Those who passed on that opportunity ARE foolish, but like clip, I'm only referring to those in THAT situation.

Propaganda sounded like it was great, I'm sorry I missed out on it. There has to be a better way to do this, maybe more shows, more locations, I don't know

clip51 said:
No I never was...

Re-read my original post...

Then do not question the attitudes of former Prop members since you clearly have no idea what you are basing your opinions on. Do not go around calling former Prop members idiots when you basically cannot attest the treatment we were used to receive.

We were spoiled, yes we were. Was it unfair to expect the same treatment this time around? Of course not.

I just want to know where in the membership for U2.com did it say you are guarenteed choice of any type of ticket you want. I read the same information you did. Thats all Im stating. U2.com gave us a chance to get tickets before the rest of the world.

Im no better than anyone, you have obviously been around alot longer than I, but I think its pathetic if you are offered seats and then turn them down cause you think you deserve GAs...

Things have changed, its not the 90s anymore

clip51 said:

A seat is a seat is a seat is a seat. I'd be over the moon if I'd managed to get ANY ticket.

clip51 said:
I just want to know where in the membership for U2.com did it say you are guarenteed choice of any type of ticket you want. I read the same information you did. Thats all Im stating. U2.com gave us a chance to get tickets before the rest of the world.

Im no better than anyone, you have obviously been around alot longer than I, but I think its pathetic if you are offered seats and then turn them down cause you think you deserve GAs...

Things have changed, its not the 90s anymore

You're pathetic for even arguing with us. There are a handful of people arguing about seating, but the majority are arguing for entirely unrelated reasons. Look at Chrisedge's problem and the one I had, we are more majority than the seat bitchers. Its technical inefficiencies that is causing most of the headaches.

Had I pulled two seats that I did not want because of price and location I would not be saying a word.

Naturally, I completely agree with you, bonoleftone.

And what is the point of the comment of us not being in the nineties anymore?

Clip51, I honestly hope you enjoy your tickets. But, for God's sake, stop making a senseless argument.

Right bonosleftone, it sucks for everyone who got screwed today, and it sure seems like alot more got screwed then actually succeeded...

Im done with this arguement. If I offended any of you who were screwed today, Im sorry...

I just didn't understand why people were complaining about their seats. But the more I try to explain it, the more arguements that start...

Good luck to all of you on the general onsales

clip51 said:
Right bonosleftone, it sucks for everyone who got screwed today, and it sure seems like alot more got screwed then actually succeeded...

Im done with this arguement. If I offended any of you who were screwed today, Im sorry...

I just didn't understand why people were complaining about their seats. But the more I try to explain it, the more arguements that start...

Good luck to all of you on the general onsales

Thing is you dont need to explain shit. You're just bitching because not everyone is happy like you are, you got yours and dont see the problems we see in this incoherent system that U2 and Ticketmaster put in the place of a albeit archaic system that got the job done right.

Read why the majority of people are complaining, read the faxes and the petition thread. No one is complaining about seats but thats all you see because you got what you wanted.

it's not just that there were no GA, that they want to charge us $165+ for the top of an arena in the very back, it's the stupid, incompetent inadequate, revolting, Ticketsatan and paying $40 or $20 for us ex-Props to get the "privilege" of going through this for hours, to have nothing, obviously someone got through and they have them on Ebay to prove it, but it wasn't us fanclub members.

Hmm. Yes, this is how I rationalized spending as much on tickets and a membership as I would have on a U2 iPod (had I felt I could afford one, ha ha.)

Ever since the Pop tour I have been unable to get good seats through regular ticket sales, so in the end I have usually resorted to buying tickets from scalpers, or on the Elevation tour, from ETS for a GA ticket. It usually works out to about $300 or more for a pair of tickets, if I get lucky. So the way I figure it, I ended up getting scalped again this tour, only this time at least some of it goes back to the band. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom