i've had enough!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl1978 said:
I've totally had enough of U2 making me spend my hard earned cash on hotel, flights and tickets. I mean what they hell are they thinking ripping me off like this. Unbelievable. Maybe we should start a petition to get these bastards off our backs. And they should give us our stinkin money back for not playing Vertigo 4 X! I mean, wtf! :|

I know! I stayed at this hotel in Chicago and it was really expensive!!! And they put some special Fiji water in our hotel room but if we drank it they would charge us $4!!!! This is clearly U2's fault, I am appalled they would treat their fans this way. Charging me $4 for some stinkin' water and then playing Vertigo twice at some concert I wasn't at... :rant:

Oh and Bono, what a fraud, or should I say DAVE. Or John or Steve or something like that, his real name is something boring. At least The Edge keeps it real, though what kind of a name is THE EDGE?? his parents must be real whackjobs to name him something like The Edge, which messed him up and so he convinced the rest of U2 to CHARGE ME FOUR DOLLARS FOR WATER!!!!!

U2 suxx!!!!!!!!1

Bono's real name is Steve Bonoronado. He was born in Talahassee Florida to a used-car salesman and his paralegal wife. At an early age young Steve developed an unhealthy obsession with Irish culture, even affecting an accent. In his late teens, Steve met up with The Edge Hamfertstein (pronounced hom-FERT-stine) at a bar in Clemson, South Carolina. The Edge was named after his grandfathers, Edgeward Hamfertstein and The Witherspoon-Holliway. Steve and The Edge moved to Ireland where they met up with a young German, Larry Mullen, and a former Mr. Universe, Adam Clayton. A fifth member, Andrew Ridgley, was dropped from the band after the other members realized he had no real talent.

From the dreams of these three young men and one old one (Adam was born in 1936) U2 came to be. Their quest for world domination was nearly thwarted, however, when 3 of the band members became devoted snake handlers and wanted to leave the group. Luckily, their love of millions of dollars kept them in the band, and they released their first album, Boy, a concept album chronicalling the life of Boy George (later made into an ill'fated broadway musical produced by Rosie O'Donnell) to mixed reviews.

Through the years, U2 has changed greatly, but one thing that hasn't changed is the band's love of money. Steve, now known as Bono, told Spin Magazine in 2002 "The members of U2 have never really gotten along. Hell, we would have quit years ago if it weren't for the money. We have the most gullible fans in the world. They'll pay anything to see us, travel anywhere to see us. Whenever I think of throwing in the towell, the thought of tricking our devoted fans out of their hard earned cash brings me back. That makes it all worthwhile."

yeah. the edge should really start calling himself "the suck" until he comes up with a new guitar sound.

Lemonfix said:
Bono's real name is Steve Bonoronado. He was born in Talahassee Florida to a used-car salesman and his paralegal wife. At an early age young Steve developed an unhealthy obsession with Irish culture, even affecting an accent. In his late teens, Steve met up with The Edge Hamfertstein (pronounced hom-FERT-stine) at a bar in Clemson, South Carolina. The Edge was named after his grandfathers, Edgeward Hamfertstein and The Witherspoon-Holliway. Steve and The Edge moved to Ireland where they met up with a young German, Larry Mullen, and a former Mr. Universe, Adam Clayton. A fifth member, Andrew Ridgley, was dropped from the band after the other members realized he had no real talent.

From the dreams of these three young men and one old one (Adam was born in 1936) U2 came to be. Their quest for world domination was nearly thwarted, however, when 3 of the band members became devoted snake handlers and wanted to leave the group. Luckily, their love of millions of dollars kept them in the band, and they released their first album, Boy, a concept album chronicalling the life of Boy George (later made into an ill'fated broadway musical produced by Rosie O'Donnell) to mixed reviews.

Through the years, U2 has changed greatly, but one thing that hasn't changed is the band's love of money. Steve, now known as Bono, told Spin Magazine in 2002 "The members of U2 have never really gotten along. Hell, we would have quit years ago if it weren't for the money. We have the most gullible fans in the world. They'll pay anything to see us, travel anywhere to see us. Whenever I think of throwing in the towell, the thought of tricking our devoted fans out of their hard earned cash brings me back. That makes it all worthwhile."

:lmao: that is insanely funny!!!!

Lemonfix said:

Lemonfix... I sincerely hope that you are a writer for a living because if not you are wasted.

tarquinsuperb said:

I think it would also help if we included the following:

irony
• noun (pl. ironies) 1 the expression of meaning through the use of language which normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous effect. 2 a state of affairs that appears perversely contrary to what one expects.
Some people probably need some examples, so here's a few:

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break

Its like raaaaaaiiiin on your wedding day
A free ride when you've already paid.
Some goooood advice that you just can't take

Like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
or meeting the man of your dreams and his beautiful wife

Hewson said:
Some people probably need some examples, so here's a few:

A traffic jam when you're already late
A no smoking sign on your cigarette break

Its like raaaaaaiiiin on your wedding day
A free ride when you've already paid.
Some goooood advice that you just can't take

Like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife
or meeting the man of your dreams and his beautiful wife
but those aren't ironic. or is it ironic that they're not ironic? :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

but those aren't ironic. or is it ironic that they're not ironic? :wink:

Exactly what I was thinking I just wasn't brave enough or sufficiently intellectually confident to say it.
I would say the song in question is moronic rather than ironic.

Back
Top Bottom