Is there a fan line for shows there was NO presale for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle

The Fly
Do they separate the lines for u2.com vs.. non... on show nights where there was no presale (hence no u2.com tickets)?? If so, do you just show your u2.com membership? If not, I suppose it is just one big happy line??

curious.. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

In Toronto the answer was YES and YES - there was a line and you showed your membership - but it seemed a little disorganized, and some people said it really didn't make much of a difference which line you were in. But I was in the 'normal' line, so all I know is what I heard from other people and read on here.

All the shows I've been to have had two lines. Sometimes it seems the U2.com line is actually longer. :shrug: In most cases it won't benefit you unless maybe if you get there late.

WildHoneyAlways said:
It just felt dirty. :wink:

But you know deep down it felt real good.

I would have loved to have scanned into the ellipse after getting there at 5:30. I put in my time though and feel like I earned my scan.

But still, I'd rather have it your way.

Have it your way?

That reminds me.

bkwindow.jpg

:drool:

thanks for the info people. I guess I am shocked to hear this is a fanclub line for non presale shows.

I have only been to Philly for this tour and a show where I did have a presale ticket.

Say..you dont want to be in the u2.com line because it is longer. If your ticket says "fan" does the staff throw you into that line even if you dont want to be there?

danielle said:

Say..you dont want to be in the u2.com line because it is longer. If your ticket says "fan" does the staff throw you into that line even if you dont want to be there?

No, you have a choice of which line to stay in. I was number 77 and I opted to stay in the regular GA line. The AAC uses walk through metal detectors, and it turns out they used two for the GA line and only one for the U2.com line. I stayed in the regular GA line and it definitely went faster. I know it was the right decision too because I got scanned in.

Depending on how far back you are, the benefits of the U2.com line are different. Although if it's a show where you have to show your ID and membership print-out instead of just your ticket, I would imagine the line is considerably smaller.

I don't know about anyone else, but I never got my membership card so I'm just bringing my recepipt which shows when the mbrshp expires. My ticket for the 1st show says it's a fan club ticket though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea they claimed that every GA ticket was a fan club ticket... i don't buy that for a second. i just think they didn't want to set up two lines on a public sidewalk in the middle of midtown manhattan.

If I remember right, there were a few GA's dropped for each October MSG show at the box office. Apparently, the U2.com pre-sale password still worked but only at MSG. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea they claimed that every GA ticket was a fan club ticket... i don't buy that for a second. i just think they didn't want to set up two lines on a public sidewalk in the middle of midtown manhattan.

Yes, there is the major busy street aspect for sure, but I dunno, they could have been (the vast majority anyway) to make up for the fact that virtually no one got fan club GA for the May show. Certainly have the numbers here, when Pearl Jam last played MSG 8,000 seats were fan club. I know the 7th, 8th and 10th did, but I forget if the 11th and 14th actually had a pre-sale.

Pop Artist said:

Yes, there is the major busy street aspect for sure, but I dunno, they could have been (the vast majority anyway) to make up for the fact that virtually no one got fan club GA for the May show. Certainly have the numbers here, when Pearl Jam last played MSG 8,000 seats were fan club. I know the 7th, 8th and 10th did, but I forget if the 11th and 14th actually had a pre-sale.

No pre-sale for the 11th and 14th. Moreover, KRBY had GA's for the 7th that were not fan club. MSG was bullshitting.

Carek1230 said:
I still don't understand the two line thing because both lines get let in at the same time.

the u2.com line is theoretically shorter as there are less u2.com members as regular GA ticketholders. Therefore while they are both let in at the same time, because the u2.com line is shorter, you'll still get in before most of the GA line.

u2wedge said:

the u2.com line is theoretically shorter as there are less u2.com members as regular GA ticketholders. Therefore while they are both let in at the same time, because the u2.com line is shorter, you'll still get in before most of the GA line.

And yet, the normal GA line uses two turnstiles :huh:

u2wedge said:

The fanclub line for boston in October was probably twice as long as the regular GA line. We were near the end of the fanclub line, and by the time we got to the door, the other line was long gone. Still got scanned in, though..... :)

I'm betting that non-fanclub GA ticketholders are less likely to wait in line two hours before showtime. They'll just show up when the show starts.

Back
Top Bottom