Is the same lottery in effect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluvslmj

The Fly
I'm wondering if every venue has stuck with the U2-led lottery - where there are two lines for GA and your tickets are scanned...if you're scanned into the ellipse you get to choose one person to go with you.
Has this happened @ every venue? I thought I read of a GA mess in California...I have GA for Chicago 5/9 - thinking I may have to camp out.

also, i was wondering if they are still splitting the line in two for U2.com subscribers. what do you need to bring to prove you are a u2.com'er? a membership card (can't these be handed around and used multiple times) a print out of My Profile (you mean just your name and pre-sale access code basically?- can't these be used more than once as well by multiple people?)

what if you are a member of u2.com and can prove it, but you didn't get your GA tix through the pre-sale, you bought it like everyone else off ticketmaster. do you go into the u2.com line or is that strickly for the pre-sale tickets?

so many questions....

I think I will drop dead before I get to see them from the GA stress - I finally get my DREAM tickets and I am all freaked out lol.
:drool: then :eek: and :confused: and :scratch:

marik said:
also, i was wondering if they are still splitting the line in two for U2.com subscribers. what do you need to bring to prove you are a u2.com'er? a membership card (can't these be handed around and used multiple times) a print out of My Profile (you mean just your name and pre-sale access code basically?- can't these be used more than once as well by multiple people?)

what if you are a member of u2.com and can prove it, but you didn't get your GA tix through the pre-sale, you bought it like everyone else off ticketmaster. do you go into the u2.com line or is that strickly for the pre-sale tickets?

so many questions....

If the concert date in question was in the presale than you can get in the U2.com line however this doesn't guarantee anything other than the line may go in faster. It tends to be shorter than the general sale line. Proof of membership is required to get in the U2.com line if you didn't buy your tix in the presale. What you mentioned above should get you in (membership card or print out of your profile) just bring it with you. I don't think it matters if you used this proof more than once. From what I understand you can use it as often as you want.

There is another thread re camping out in Chicago - it was shown below but it's gone - drat - and I have to go somewhere so can't link it right now.

camping out is not going to secure you anything if the venue (they are supposed to according to U2 Management-if venue is not going to follow this policy the u2 crew at the venue should be notified day of concert) follows the lottery procedure.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
camping out is not going to secure you anything if the venue (they are supposed to according to U2 Management-if venue is not going to follow this policy the u2 crew at the venue should be notified day of concert) follows the lottery procedure.
Yes, this I know...just hoping to know what the UC is doing for sure as early as possible - anyone know anyone who works there?!?
:huh:

hluvslmj said:

Yes, this I know...just hoping to know what the UC is doing for sure as early as possible - anyone know anyone who works there?!?
:huh:

Just call them and ask.

As far as fanclub tickets, it will say on your presale ticket or use your card. I'm getting to Key Arena early Sun am because it's FUN to be there. Regardless of the lottery, you will still be at the front of the line either way. In, out, whatever.

u2girlcj said:

Just call them and ask.

As far as fanclub tickets, it will say on your presale ticket or use your card. I'm getting to Key Arena early Sun am because it's FUN to be there. Regardless of the lottery, you will still be at the front of the line either way. In, out, whatever.

Yes, I had thought of this also...
When you get as old as me it's not as fun to camp out a long time although I would love to and probably will anyway :yes:

Have fun :dancing: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom