Is people camping out today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckonanz

The Fly
With the new policy clarified, is people camping out for the second concert today? Anyone heard anything?

And give us an update on the lineup-- are there still 2 GA lines and is the u2.com membership card getting people into the shorter line (since there was no pre-sale for SD2).

KentK said:
And give us an update on the lineup-- are there still 2 GA lines and is the u2.com membership card getting people into the shorter line (since there was no pre-sale for SD2).

This is the BIGGEST question I would like to know today. Is there a second line for the add on dates that will use the membership card as verification?

KentK said:

I'm guessing a separate line for those with the key chain.........sucks for those of us that either didn't get one or left theirs at home three hours away (like I did).......but whatever, I plan to be there early anyway at my GA show, so I don't mind being in the other line.

This over at the blog at @U2 - Craig Evans, TNA Tour Director, in a discussion with a fan that helps run @U2 said that the fan codes on the tickets are only going to be on the first night tickets (scheduled shows that were listed with a presale) and that "add on" dates to bring your MEMBERSHIP CARD to get access to the u2.com line. :ohmy:

People from SD1 have reported that the membership cards dont mean crap.

Read the Ellipse thread.

Go to U2.com, they have a story about the Eclipse lottery, they feel it was a great success and will continue the process throughout the tour. Fairness is the key, according to the web site.

i talked to someone in line today, and she showed up at 5:30 am and was #53, so its a little less of a wait today

she also said that the u2.com guy said that therew ould be 2 lines, and poeple with a membership card would be in the second line, but nobody really had it and got pissed off and tried to print out confirmation pages but they wouldnt accept it

so everybody in line started chanting "one line!, one line!" and 10 minutes later the guy came out and said it would be one line

now we just need to get people chanting "no lottery!"

There is our answer (for today's show at least). Sounds like u2.com needs to get the word out on their policy-- IMAGINE?!?!

Last edited:
There are now 2 lines according to @u2. The membership card OR a printout of your u2.com profile page is ok they are saying.

they really need to get their shit together

they are jerking around the fans and that is not cool

on monday nobody knew what was going on and half the security people said no lottery and the other half said yes to a lottery, it went back and forth so many times until they finally announced it. and when they did that they surprised everybody with 2 lines

today they went from not having 2 lines, to having 2 lines, to not having 2 lines, back to having 2 lines again

its craziness, and if i was there id be pissed

I guess that's one of the downsides to going to one of the opening shows...not everyone is on the same pagina.

techfire said:
Go to U2.com, they have a story about the Eclipse lottery, they feel it was a great success and will continue the process throughout the tour. Fairness is the key, according to the web site.

That is not what the fans think. Go to U2.com and look at the response by the FANS! By a margin of more than 2 to 1, the fans do not want the lottery to be continued.

The Elevation tour was fair and first come, first serve has always been fair. There is no need to change a system that worked on the last tour to satisfy a few people with little desire to wait in line all day.

STING2 said:

That is not what the fans think. Go to U2.com and look at the response by the FANS! By a margin of more than 2 to 1, the fans do not want the lottery to be continued.

The Elevation tour was fair and first come, first serve has always been fair. There is no need to change a system that worked on the last tour to satisfy a few people with little desire to wait in line all day.

Well many people (like myself) have a life outside of U2 and can't spend an entire day waiting in line for a good spot on the floor, that's not really fair to the working man, is it? Fair is being able to get in line at anytime before the show and have the same chance that everyone else has, just because you wait in line for hours dosen't make you any more of a fan than someone arriving at showtime.

It's very true that the first-come-first-served system is unfair to die-hard fans who can't get out of work and that is really too bad. However no system, be it lottery or FCFS is 100% fair and when it comes down to it, FCFS is the most fair of the two.

(Now, if they let in everyone in the U2.Com line in to the ellipse followed by the first 200 or so in the regular line and THEN did a lottery for the remaining spots that would really be the most fair, but I sincerely doubt that that would ever become a reality)

Here's a question --

I know there are no lines. Ok. But how is the order of the people in those lines determined? Is it a lottery/wristband situation? Or is the order determined by how early you get there?

Thanks....

techfire said:

Well many people (like myself) have a life outside of U2 and can't spend an entire day waiting in line for a good spot on the floor, that's not really fair to the working man, is it? Fair is being able to get in line at anytime before the show and have the same chance that everyone else has, just because you wait in line for hours dosen't make you any more of a fan than someone arriving at showtime.

This has been debated a million times, but I don't understand this reasoning at all. Not fair to the working man? I have a 9-5 job. (More like 8-5 or more, actually.) U2 tours every 4 years. I care enough about getting a good spot at a U2 show that every 4 years, I am willing to take a day off of work. Would waiting in line for hours make me more of a "fan" than someone arriving at showtime? No. Would it mean I cared more about getting a good spot on the floor at that particular show? Yes. In fact, I don't know how you could measure that any more discretely.

Last edited:
I agree that no system is really fair, and no one will ever really be happy no matter the system used. But, as with Ticketmaster, when you purchase tickets at an outlet you can no longer sleep over for an on-sale, they hand out wristbands and pick a number. I don't like it but it's a part of reality, you either deal with it or you don't. Same thing applies to the GA lottery, I'm actually relieved that I can take my time getting to the show and still have a chance to make it into the Eclipse.

Mirrorball Girl said:

This has been debated a million times, but I don't understand this reasoning at all. Not fair to the working man? I have a 9-5 job. (More like 8-5 or more, actually.) U2 tours every 4 years. I care enough about getting a good spot at a U2 show that every 4 years, I am willing to take a day off of work. Would waiting in line for hours make me more of a "fan" than someone arriving at showtime? No. Would it mean I cared more about getting a good spot on the floor at that particular show? Yes. In fact, I don't know how you could measure that any more discretely.

Yes, this has been debated over and over again, but here goes. Sure I can use a vacation day to spend the day in line for a good spot, but say I have 2 tickets and my girlfriend is not as die hard as I am, is it fair for her to spend the day with me in line as well, no? Sure she can drive herself and meet me, but why should she? Why can't I buy tickets to a show that I've waited 4 years to see, take my girl out to a nice dinner, have some drinks and still have a chance to get a good spot on the floor. I know, buy reserved seats, I probably would have if floors weren't offered to me first, that said...fair is never really fair.

although i think FCFS is a better, more "fair" system, the lottery system would have worked out better if THEY HAD TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME!!! i feel bad for those who waited hours to find out they can't get inside the ellipse.

xtihn said:
although i think FCFS is a better, more "fair" system, the lottery system would have worked out better if THEY HAD TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME!!! i feel bad for those who waited hours to find out they can't get inside the ellipse.

There were lottery rumors going on and I had a good feeling that there would be a lottery.

you are still going for good position outside of the ellipse.

However, I was lucky and got in with my roomie!

Back
Top Bottom