Is Miracle Drug any good on this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Everytime I hear a recording of this song being performed on this tour it gives me chills... Is it really this good, because not many people mention it being excellent..
Anyone can let me know that would be great :wave:

oh great, thats the song I am really looking forward to hearing and Yahweh which also sounds freaking brilliant :)

Nice lyric in your signature btw:p hahaha

Its getting better and better. Its wasn't that great on the first couple of shows imho, but one of the songs that has improved the most from San Diego.

martha said:
I'm not a big fan of the song (I know, I know, somebody beat me with a stick), but live it sounds amazing. I've started to like the song on the album more since I've heard it live.
love the way larry and bono sing together on it :)

martha said:
I'm not a big fan of the song (I know, I know, somebody beat me with a stick), but live it sounds amazing. I've started to like the song on the album more since I've heard it live.

same here....ever since I saw it live I have really enjoyed it more on the album

Live version is excellent.

"Larry Mullen sing" - Bono

Yeeaaahhhhhhhh! Yeeaaahhhhhhhh!

More powerful than album version.

In San Diego, it was okay. Then again it was opening night.
Seattle --> was awesome.
First night in Vancouver was even better.
Second night in Vancouver, Bono didn't seem to interested in the song.

I have a few more shows on this tour so we'll see. In general, miracle drug is a good song but not the strong point in the show.

It sucked motherfucking ass in Chicago, last night...if you ask me. For whatever reason, though, people did seem to enjoy it despite the fact that the band fucked it up right good. It looked really great, though; I was blown away by how cool (a bland word, I know...but I got nothin') it all looked. Excellent production on the number.

The only problem with MD is that there is not too much crowd involvement. It hasn't been released as a single yet and you can feel it in the show that it's a new song for many people. Other than that, this song is amazing live.

If you shout... said:
It sucked motherfucking ass in Chicago, last night...if you ask me. For whatever reason, though, people did seem to enjoy it despite the fact that the band fucked it up right good.

They had a little trouble getting the song started due to the crew not knowing how long Bono's speech was going to be, after the first 5 seconds tho, it was great. Edge's vocal and guitar solo were the highlight.

i don't think the strings are in the studio version either, are they? in any case, I think it's a good live addition...

love the album version but what got me hooked on that song was their performance on cd:uk....you can check that out on U2exit.com

6 more days till philly!!!!!!!!

ayearwome said:
the start was awkward, but it truly was great once they got going!!

A friend of mine sent me this fan review....anybody else notice this?

Hated to see U2 having such technical difficulties, especially Bono. Did anyone notice the "Ashlee Simpson moment" Bono had during Miracle Drug? Lead vocals were coming over the speakers and Bono's lips were not moving. Ouch! What really surprised me was the volume level. It seemed a bit too loud for a band with so much talent.

U2inBigD said:

A friend of mine sent me this fan review....anybody else notice this?

Hated to see U2 having such technical difficulties, especially Bono. Did anyone notice the "Ashlee Simpson moment" Bono had during Miracle Drug? Lead vocals were coming over the speakers and Bono's lips were not moving. Ouch! What really surprised me was the volume level. It seemed a bit too loud for a band with so much talent.

This is so funny. For whatever reason Bono's is mouthing Edge's part while Edge is singing. I saw it in 3/28 and then again on the other DVD's 3/30 & 4/1.

I'm guessing that a lot of people don't realize that the last verse in MD is Edge's so they're focusing on Bono and watching him mouth the lyrics while the Edge is actually singing.

It's amazing how many people are making this comment about this song in particular.

ramblin rose said:

This is so funny. For whatever reason Bono's is mouthing Edge's part while Edge is singing. I saw it in 3/28 and then again on the other DVD's 3/30 & 4/1.

I'm guessing that a lot of people don't realize that the last verse in MD is Edge's so they're focusing on Bono and watching him mouth the lyrics while the Edge is actually singing.

It's amazing how many people are making this comment about this song in particular.

Ahh...I noticed this on the DVDs too. Let's hope that this is what happend.

FUIrish said:
love the album version but what got me hooked on that song was their performance on cd:uk....you can check that out on U2exit.com

6 more days till philly!!!!!!!!

Aren't all the cd:uk performances mimed except for the vocals? I know that was the case with vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom