Is it just me or...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DignityPassesBy

Refugee
Does there seem to be to big a gap between March 02 - Buenos Aires and March 17 - Auckland. Are there any shows that haven't been announced or rumoured (they're leaving ticket sales a little late if so) or is this rehearsal time or what it just seems like to long between shows

lemon_vr6 said:
Probably something to do with the distance between the shows and moving all the crap halfway across the world.

Doubtful. On Popmart, they managed to go from Santiago to Perth (a longer distance than Buenos Aires to Auckland) in just six days.

DignityPassesBy said:
Does there seem to be to big a gap between March 02 - Buenos Aires and March 17 - Auckland. Are there any shows that haven't been announced or rumoured (they're leaving ticket sales a little late if so) or is this rehearsal time or what it just seems like to long between shows

They'll be staying at my house during that time :D

Re: Re: Is it just me or...

MsGiggles said:

They'll be staying at my house during that time :D

They'll be playing in my backyard. However, no wristbands will be given out and no lining up til the morning/day of the show :wink:

BTW, I can be bribed :sexywink:

DignityPassesBy said:
have they ever played in India before?

Nope. They've never played mainland Asia (unless you count Tel Aviv, Israel).

God Part III said:
Wasn't there a rumour about India...?

More rumors about India from Time:

Snippet:
"After decades of being the only significant English-speaking market in the world to be ignored by nearly everybody else, India is suddenly the flavor of the new century. Vogue will launch an Indian edition next year. Every rock act of note plays Bangalore: the Rolling Stones were here three years ago and U2 will perform in the autumn. "

http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/article/0,13005,901060213-1156508,00.html

Jeez...how much longer can they possibly drag this thing out?

Odd that they would decline to play in New Orleans for Jazzfest and then randomly show up months later in India.

Would be a hell of a cool trip though, plus a perfect opportunity to bring back Crumbs From Your Table, which kicked so much ass when it was played.

Sweetest Thing just came on the radio at work. I guess you just take what you can get...

Bangalore is anything but a "crumbs-from-the-table" type of place--it's the driving engine of India's enormous software export industry, packed with shopping malls, public gardens and skyscrapers, with very little extreme poverty in evidence. They don't call it Silicon Valley for nothing.

Some of the other acts that played Bangalore in the past few years have been The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Roger Waters, and Mark Knopfler. Google, Microsoft, Oracle, etc. have a major presence there.

^ Yes as well as several homegrown giants like Infosys and Wipro.

:hmm: Autumn, huh? I may actually be in Bangalore next fall...that would be awesome to see them play there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom