Is It Hell waiting for GA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I waited approx. 10 hours in Houston... and actually it passed very quick. It was lots of fun mingling with other fans and the anticipation mounting... pressing your ear against the arena to catch a chord or two from sound check... I would definately do it again!!! I would love to, infact--I'm getting a bit anxious/nervous that I'll have no such luck aack *deep breath*

one4u2 said:
Alright do tell. Give me the negatives of camping out for ga tickets.
We already know the positives and don't get me wrong I 'd give a kidney to be right in front, hell I'd throw in an arm for guaranteed first row but sleeping out for hours maybe days seems harsh! Keep in mind I live in NY it gets beyond freezing here! Is it absolute hell with no sleep, shower etc..?

Good question. I'll throw in the kidney and arm too. PLEASE LET"S DO GA PLEASE (down on knees pleading. Need that in a smile)

thrillme said:

The first L.A. show? I was there, I thought it was kinda funny, it rained that night. Irish band, hehe the rain follows them from home. :)

I was there too (and got really sick from getting soaked in the downpour with no jacket on or anything)!

My friend and I got in the heart and we got in line at 5pm! Unless you were front row in the heart, it was not that hard leaving to visit the restroom or concession (as long as you had someone to save your spot and made sure to talk to all the people around you).

I had a horrible time in line for Chicago GA. We didn't get in the heart and the people in the regular GA were rude and pushy! It was the worst experience I've had at a U2 concert and won't ever do it again. I guess I'm getting OLD! LOL I like to be near the front but have a seat. Not to sit! It's just nice to have my own space and not have to worry about being shoved, pushed, have beer spilled on you and try to escape people making out and/or talking through the whole show! BLAH!

1st leg in dallas- got there at 6pm and was inside the heart about 4 rows back from the edge. second time around -got there at 2:30 am, was number 57 and was 2 rows in front of bono. it didn't help that the concert was on a sunday either. by 10am, the line was all th way to the parking garage! it was well worth it though.

For the ZooTV gig I arrived at the ticket shop at about 5am, I think the tickets went on sale at about 9am and I got two tickets in the standing or as you call it GA section of the stadium. The day of the show the gates didnt open til 4pm and we got there at about 3pm and got great positions right up the front. Although I will say that it was painful waiting for around 5 hours in the blistering summer heat. At least with the POP show all the GA seats were actually accounted for, so even if you were right up the front you still had an actual seat. I much prefer this, now that I am older I havn't really got the patience to wait in lines and queues in our summer heat and U2 always seem to come here in summer:wink:

Re: Re: Is It Hell waiting for GA?

youtwohearts said:

Good question. I'll throw in the kidney and arm too. PLEASE LET"S DO GA PLEASE (down on knees pleading. Need that in a smile)

Hummm.......Misery/Love for Bono????

Unfortunately ive never been to a U2 concert before.....so if there is GA this time, like last time. Get GA tickets online [or wherever] then go freeze your but off or get blistered in a line for hours?
Just starting to develop a game plan.....ive already recruited people and their internet connections for me... just in case i cant get through on the day tickets for NY shows go on sale..:yes:

{{ keeps reapeating to herself "its your chance to see edge"]]

GA is funny. Out of the 8 shows I went to apart from 2 I was in 6 hearts. In Anaheim it was easy to get in the heart first 2 rows if you got there by noon.

Now for the all the Staple center shows you had to get there really early. I believe I got there before 6:00am and was like number 80 and the next day was like number 99. But got to be in front of the rail on Adams side. So much freaking fun when it's you next to the rail. People in back of me were so freaking great. NO major pushing and shoving which you can experience with other bands.

Vegas was totally different. Got there by 8:00 am and we were like 210 in line. That was crazy but a lot of fun. The time in line goes by quick. To some shows I went by myself and I still had a blast because of great people around of course the whole atmosphere of the show. So I can't wait for U2 to bring it on!!:up: :)

one4u2 said:
Thought I'd activate this thread again since it's almost time to decide on tickets :hyper: :hyper:
Glad you did, 'cuz I'm trying to form my game plan for Charlotte or Chapel Hill (as the tour rumours go right now). OK, my first ever show was ZooTV & that ticket was bought FOR me, so I took whatever I could get...which happened to be nosebleed seats at the furthest point in the stadium from the stage. :madspit: Oh well, I was in the venue, so that was good enough for a start!

Second time I saw them was Elevation in Charlotte; paid extra for the "upgraded" tix (not premium - although now, I wish I'd spent the $$$!). Had great seats, but no way was I gonna' make it on stage, as we were 50 yards or so from the tip (and not even on the floor!).

Anyway! My question this time is: Can't I buy GA tickets on-line, via phone, whatever - then get to the venue EARLY the day of the show & get in line to be close to the stage? Is that how it works? Or would I have to be in line at the venue the day the tix go on sale??? If that's the case, I'm screwed, 'cuz I live 3 hrs from Charlotte & CH and can't take the time from work to BUY the tix.
Any NC/SC/VA veterans who can help me with this???

It's useless waiting in line for tickets, because even if you are only 10 or 20 back in line, by the time you get up there all the good ones will be gone. As soon as they go on sale, everyone gets on their computers and on the telephone so you are also behind THOUSANDS of them from all over the place, as well as those in lines in other cities! Just try online or the phone, if you don't score, there's always online brokers, at a price :grumpy:

and as some have already said the stuff you hear about waiting for GA is not about the ticket line but the line to go into the show to get a good place on the floor.

Last edited:
Well I saw Elevation 3 times and due to some Prop misunderstanding none were Ga...

but I waited under the Brooklyn Bridge from 7:30 am until 4 last week and it was fun and went by fast! (Although that had its own misfire but oh well...)

I'd love to have GA tickets, but I can't be anywhere near the arena when tix go on sale (I'm a rural man living far away from the city).

Will GA tickets be available online or by phone to subscribers at u2.com before the general public...or is the only early opportunity at the line-up, in person?

HELP!!!!:ohmy:

angelordevil said:
I'd love to have GA tickets, but I can't be anywhere near the arena when tix go on sale (I'm a rural man living far away from the city).

Will GA tickets be available online or by phone to subscribers at u2.com before the general public...or is the only early opportunity at the line-up, in person?

HELP!!!!:ohmy:

Read my last post before yours for the answer:)

U2Kitten said:

and as some have already said the stuff you hear about waiting for GA is not about the ticket line but the line to go into the show to get a good place on the floor.

Yes, I should have read that more carefully...this seems to be the MOST important line-up, the one before the show. Because I'm guessing there's no placement or seating #'s assigned to GA? (I'm a GA virgin:wink: )

So, is there any advantage to signing up with u2.com i wonder?

Last edited:
I got GA through Propaganda and had no trouble in Austin on the 3rd leg :) I got there about 9:30 to 10 in the morning and was about 196 in line and still got into the Heart. The bathroom thing was hard because the closest one was a hospital across the way so we had spot saving when people needed to go. It was quite a fun experience actually lot of talking with other fans etc.

Dallas I didnt get GA but I got like row 100 or something which was just on the outside on Edge's side.

angelordevil said:

Yes, I should have read that more carefully...this seems to be the MOST important line-up, the one before the show. Because I'm guessing there's no placement or seating #'s assigned to GA? (I'm a GA virgin:wink: )

If it's like last time, no, it's first come first serve, that's why people camp out all day, sometimes even sleep there to secure the best spaces close to the band.

So, is there any advantage to signing up with u2.com i wonder?

I never have, and I have heard mixed things from others. Some did very well, some were shafted. I'm still taking my chances with the phone and the internet.

Back
Top Bottom