Is GA really worth it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I queued for 6 hours when they were on CD:UK, so I certainly have no reservations about queuing for this tour. Even the small corwd that I was with then were very courteous and friendly - the time flew by. For Twickenham, I plan to be there at 9am for the 5pm opening. I'm determined that if there is an oval, I will be inside it.

I don't think they're worth it if you're on the back of the floor.

I'd rather have a seat on the side of the stage, say the first 5-10 rows than all the way on the floor in the back of the arena, but that's just me.

Mucca said:
LoL yeah I'd like to know about that too. I'm barely 5"4, will I get crushed? And how fast are GA's selling this time?

If you're small the best place to be is inside the "heart," or whatever it is. The biggest difference is that once you're in, it's heaven. Due to safety issues, they only allow a certain amount in, and frankly, it's pretty roomy in there. Nothing AT ALL like a mosh pit. Consequently, you don't have to worry about your "spot," so you can leave, go to the bathroom, go get a beer, a cigarette, walk around, sit down (which will be something you haven't done in about 4 hours).

The biggest misconception is that you have to wait in line over night to get inside the "heart." For the first Denver show I got there at noon and was probably the 40th person in line. The 2nd show I was a little smarter and waited till about 3 pm. I still got in the heart, but it was closer to the cutoff.

Everyone's different, but I say being "inside" is well worth the wait in line. You meet a lot of cool people in line too. Bring chairs, food, drinks, books...

I would ditto the comment about "yes and no" regarding if GAs are worth it. I had two distinct GA experiences: one in Atlanta on the first leg of Elevation in which I got to the venue about noon and had a great spot in line. Then, after 5 or 6 hours of waiting some jackass Philips Arena staff person decides to try to divide the line in half to make it easier to get people through the doors. Just as he told some folks to go stand in one place, the doors opened and it became a free-for-all. People who just got there ended up in the heart and I ended up outside it. Not to mention some people that got there way earlier than me also ended up outside. Experience #2 was GA in Lexington, KY on the Elevation tour. I also arrive at about noon and ended up getting into the heart and it was so awesome. It was like being at a U2 club show inside an 18,000 seat arena. People weren't pushing and shoving and it was very comfortable. Definitely an experience I won't forget. Not to mention Bono came out to say hi to those of us standing in line earlier in the day. Overall I'd do it again if I could just get my mits on some GA tix, but I guess the scalpers beat me to them...

Last edited:
zooradio said:
<snip> Experience #2 was GA in Lexington, KY on the Elevation tour. I also arrive at about noon and ended up getting into the heart and it was so awesome. It was like being at a U2 club show inside an 18,000 seat arena. People weren't pushing and shoving and it was very comfortable. Definitely an experience I won't forget. Not to mention Bono came out to say hi to those of us standing in line earlier in the day. <snip>

I was in the heart at lexington too - check out my pics @ h t t p ://bein.gq.nu/

GA is sooo worth it!

I don't like GA's at all...I was on the floor during the POPMART tour and I didnt see anything at all, but I think I was high by the end from all the pot! I would rather get a seat to put my coat on!! :lol: I had a kickass seat for ELEVATION, 100% better.

LPU2 said:

If you're small the best place to be is inside the "heart," or whatever it is.

Everyone's different, but I say being "inside" is well worth the wait in line. You meet a lot of cool people in line too. Bring chairs, food, drinks, books...

Thanks LPU2! :D Is there a mad rush to get into the heart once the venue opens? I'm worried my little legs won't carry me fast enough to get near the stage and I don't really want to get trampled in the process.:huh:

People actually bring chairs into the heart??

Just wondering...........I'm in the front row......row 1, seat 1 in San Jose.....considering where my seats are at (on the left of the stage, not the seats to the side of the band, but the area next to that), could I not get out of my seat and go onto the floor? Anyone else ever tried this? I know I wouldn't get inside the egg or whatever, but I could definitely manage to be on the floor.........are there people that stand in front of each section of the seats?

Go for it. you might get in a bit of trouble though if security or someone catches you.:|

Well, Thanks to all who have provided info on the GA experience!!

Thanks to this information, I will be attempting to get GA tickets and then I will line up early.

Once doors open, is there a mad rush to the "heart/egg"?

BigMacPhisto said:
Just wondering...........I'm in the front row......row 1, seat 1 in San Jose.....considering where my seats are at (on the left of the stage, not the seats to the side of the band, but the area next to that), could I not get out of my seat and go onto the floor? Anyone else ever tried this? I know I wouldn't get inside the egg or whatever, but I could definitely manage to be on the floor.........are there people that stand in front of each section of the seats?

I am positive there are security people between the seated and non seated section for this very reason...:shrug:

Alright, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to look around before taking my chances. :wink:

GA is totally worth it! I had GA tix for Philly during Elevation and I think we got there around 7:30am and we were 34/35 in line. The first people were organizing the whole thing and keeping a list and writing your # on your hand so there was no confusion. Of course right when we were about to be let in some a**holes tried to cut but we bullied them out of the line. Then after they checked our tix we had to get a bracelet so this prevented a huge rush and then when we entered the heart we had to get another bracelet. We were right smack in front of Edge, no one in front of us. It was amazing, cried like a baby :happy:
trying to get GA's for San Diego this weekend, if anyone has any to spare please let me know. thanks.

Hope they're selling tour hats!

Good News, they are! Special ones available on U2.com for Premium Members with a pre-sale code, only $25 USD

Mucca said:

Thanks LPU2! :D Is there a mad rush to get into the heart once the venue opens? I'm worried my little legs won't carry me fast enough to get near the stage and I don't really want to get trampled in the process.:huh:

People actually bring chairs into the heart??

About two hours before showtime, the arena "staff" will give the first "X" amount of people in line a wrist band indicating that those people will be the ones in the heart. People are pretty good about staying in the order they arrived—there's a lot of witnesses. :) Once you've got a wristband, your spot in the heart is guaranteed, so there's no mad rush at all. This is also when the staff will give everyone a chance to take their stuff to their cars. So, no, no chairs in the heart. :)

LPU2 said:

About two hours before showtime, the arena "staff" will give the first "X" amount of people in line a wrist band indicating that those people will be the ones in the heart. People are pretty good about staying in the order they arrived—there's a lot of witnesses. :) Once you've got a wristband, your spot in the heart is guaranteed, so there's no mad rush at all. This is also when the staff will give everyone a chance to take their stuff to their cars. So, no, no chairs in the heart. :)

U2 fans sound so civilized! I love it!! OK now all I have to do is try and get tickets:huh:

I had GA for the Elevation show in Oakland, and I got there about 90 minutes before the show started. I wasn't in the heart of course, but I was right at the front a few feet from the tip on Adam's side. When my friend and I walked in, we chose the side that wasn't as crowded, planted ourselves, started talking to people, and we just inched our way up.

GA is completely worth it. Even if you have to wait in line all day. My first Elevation show in Calgary, we got in line around 2pm and were 2 rows back from the stage in the heart. It was freaking incredible. It really did feel like a club gig, and there was plenty of room in the heart. In fact, you could easily walk to the back of the heart and then back to the front without having to struggle through a crowd. It was great. My second GA show was in LA and I got in line around 10:30 or 11am and I was around 125 in line (I think). The waiting wasn't bad (make sure you bring someone with so you can take breaks, get food, etc) and everyone else there was obviously a diehard too, so it was a cool atmosphere. It rained the last 45 minutes before we got in, so that was, um, interesting, but well worth it.

I also saw a show with seats behind the stage (the tickets were free, thanks to a very cool fan), and it just felt weird to be in seats at a U2 concert. Nowhere near the same energy level as down in GA.

I have GA for 5/9 and am dreading having to camp out...I used to do that for Bon Jovi in the 80's but now I'm an old hag and will be all tired and crappy looking :(
But, to be in the oval would be a dream come true!!!

Back
Top Bottom