Is Bono gonna be too preachy this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NYRangers78 said:
because the irish politicians and others have done so much???? with all that is going on in the world after 9/11 u think africans giving each other aids is the top priority?? the taliban, the IRA, IRAQ, and other things in the middle east are taking priority over that.

and what could us politicans do? go over there and beg the savages to stop having unprotected sex and raping each other left and right and everything else? and then if america punished the aids spreaders in africa, people would badmouth bush and america and say were the antichrist and everything else.

If you want to know what the US can do, read this http://www.data.org/whyafrica/issueaids.php

NYRangers78 said:

the us politicans dont have to do anthing when it comes to aids in africa.

And they had to do something in Iraq, right?

I'm just trying to give you a different viewpoint. Enjoy your first U2 show - You are gonna be blown away!!

thanks sonny...i didnt know the figure was 12 billion worldwide...i thought bush pledged 5 billion towards aids...or was that 5 billion over a certain number of years?? like i said, maybe i spoke in too broad of terms about the african aids issue. but i really meant about the ones who are going around ( from what ive read) and raping people left and right and spreading it without care or regard for human life. not the unforunate ones who have to suffer. that is sad and i do pray for them every night even though im not much of a religious person.

yes the us had to something in iraq. if we didnt, who knows what wouldve happened. he ducked the un for 16 ( or 17) resolutions because of the iraq oil for food scandal. better to be safe than let him stay in power and destroy everyone. it mightve been now or it mightve been later but it wouldve happened. if bush didnt act on the intelligence he was given, and something happened, he woulve been blamed either way. he cant win. but enough politics because i really dont want to argue or fight with anyone here.

i also noticed that on the rehearsal setlist they arent doing sunday bloody sunday. i really hope that was just a reharsal thing. i used to be so pro- ira being that some of my relatives live in belfast and have had to deal with shit as well as my brother in law whos from tyrone and my girlfriend who is from armagh. but now after getting into u2 and listening to them and hearing bonos speech during the slane dvd, im actually more for a free ireland through peaceful means than i was before.

im psyched to see u2 for the first time ever. i got seats behind the stage in sec 116 at the garden in nyc so my view shouldnt be that bad. all ive been doing since i got tickets is listen to u2 bootlegs on my ipod...:)

back to my original point of the thread, is the almost 10 minute video recital of the un's declaration of human rights going to be boring: so far from the few comments i saw the answer seems to be yes. it's not a bono speech, so those who love hearing anything he says worry not, you can admit it might be boring. seems like a big bathroom break. bring back the dancing tranny.:dance: :dancing:

Last edited:
bridonohue said:
Lately it seems Bono is less able to seperate his day job from his hobbies. Do people think he is heading back to "bore your arse off" Bono from the Joshua Tree period? (great voice, dull speeches) He sometimes seems like an old man who has to tell you long stories about each song, or why a certain cause is so important. I agree with his causes, but I don't want to go to a rally, i want to go to a rock concert. what was so refreshing about the first leg of zoo tv, outside broadcast, popmart, and most of elevation was that they let the music speak, not the lead singer.

that 9 1/2 minute declaration of human rights video worries me.

Is it just me, or do most people enjoy listening to him go on about his outside work. I would rather the time be used for another song.

I know alot of people find Bono boring but I don't. In fact I like listening to him talk. Most times he makes perfect sense. Bono can preach all he wants as far as I'm concerend. If he does, fine, if he doesn't that's fine too.

I guess I just don't understand how people could like Bono so much and not want to accept him JUST AS HE IS.

Bono is who he is - speeches and all - and he does what he does because he TRULY BELIEVES IN WHAT HE SAYS.

So, if you can't accept the B-man just the way he is, the onus is on you to either accept Bono just the way he is or possibly move on to a singer that you are comfortable with.

I'm not trying to be rude, just honest. :up:

I imagine the lines for the bathrooms and the beer are going to be really long about the time the video comes on. ;)

I figure that's almost certainly what the band's going to be doing, right? (Unless they are pigging out on chocolate or grapes :wink: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom