Interview with Edge--interesting bit about MoFo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
I don't know if this has been posted before, but Montreal newspaper "La Presse" published an exclusive interview with The Edge today. In the article leading to it, it says that the phone interview happened one hour late because the band was busy rehearsing MoFo in Atlanta.

Now I realise that if it was in fact rehearsed in Atlanta people probably heard it and everyone here already knows... but I thought I would share the info anyways!

Here is the link for the article (it's in French):

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051125/CPARTS/51126002/5361/FRONTPAGE

And the interview, for those of you who can read French:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20051125/CPARTS/51125137/5361/FRONTPAGE

Yes, I saw that this morning and was quite happy about it. We didn't get it yesterday in Ottawa but I'm sure it'll show up some time maybe in Oz...!

Someone else reported they worked on it in Atlanta, there was a thread about it.

My guess is they are working on it for possible use in the fourth leg. I will be surprised if its played on the third leg. The only hope is the couple two night stands they have coming up over the next week. After that, its autopilot with the setlist and show until the leg is over most likely.

Shawn Bonneau said:
BOSTON BABY

SMB

dont get your hopes up. they rehearsed crumbs from your table on legs one and two and it didnt even debut till leg 3, in minneapolis nonetheless.

Ah, so, now we know why sound check lasted longer than normal that night and why we were lined up in the portals after getting our tickets scanned. Now if only they would play the damn song to make risking life and limb worth it.

And unfortunately, from where I was standing in line, I couldn't hear anything. I'm sure there's somebody somewhere who had their ear pressed up against the glass doors who got a surprise, though.

No, we didn't hear it either....it was all because of you. We did hear from security that they had played it if I remember right. I was so hopeful!

FOURTH LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Blue Room said:
Someone else reported they worked on it in Atlanta, there was a thread about it.

Can you point me to that thread?

Anyway, I'm really tired of these Mofo rehearsal reports. Just PLAY IT already!
And when it gets played... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

StlElevation said:
dont get your hopes up. they rehearsed crumbs from your table on legs one and two and it didnt even debut till leg 3, in minneapolis nonetheless.
Maybe MOFO will show up in Omaha. :eyebrow:

I like Mofo, but I sincerely hope it isn't on their schedule for Australia in March. The last concerts we got were Popmart. I wanna hear NEW stuff not the same stuff we heard last tour.

chocky said:
I like Mofo, but I sincerely hope it isn't on their schedule for Australia in March. The last concerts we got were Popmart. I wanna hear NEW stuff not the same stuff we heard last tour.

WHAT? Are you INSANE?!?!?!?? :shocked:

bring on MOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for australia!!!!! :drool:

I'd say we can expect some funkier stuff on the 4th leg....definitely some Pop. There was too much effort put into the video & light set-up for Discotheque for it to have been played only twice.....:hmm:

chocky said:
I like Mofo, but I sincerely hope it isn't on their schedule for Australia in March. The last concerts we got were Popmart.
Yeah, I sort of agree. Even though bringing Mofo back is awesome, my country already got the Popmart Tour but we didn't get Zoo TV so it would be great if they played Zoo Station and The Fly at the encore. But I would much prefer a rocking version of Mofo and Discothèque than acoustic versions of Stuck and Wild Horses of course. :D

I hope this new version of Mofo has less effects and more guitars and it rocks like the new version of Discothèque. Does anyone think that it's possible that they start playing Discothèque again once they start playing Mofo? :ohmy: :drool:

any rare tracks they are working on will show up in aussie/new zealand

why?

because it has been so long since u2 was there, that's why.

i suspect that if mofo or the unforgettable fire are EVER played again, it will be in Australia.

(and hopefully one tree hill)

not that i will be there:(

Clawgrabber said:
any rare tracks they are working on will show up in aussie/new zealand

why?

because it has been so long since u2 was there, that's why.

i suspect that if mofo or the unforgettable fire are EVER played again, it will be in Australia.

(and hopefully one tree hill)

not that i will be there:(

Actually Mofo is more likely for Mexico and S. America over anywhere else. It was a single there and I believe it charted in Mexico.

One Tree Hill is likely in some form for N. Zealand and I could see that possibly carrying over to the Australian shows.

Actually the fact that U2 hasnt been there in awhile makes it lean more towards the standard setlist IMO. They want to put on what they feel is their best show and since none of ATYCLB or HTDAAB have been done there, those are the songs they will think are important. Not to mention its stadiums, which based on Europe, tends to lean towards a more standard setlist. Maybe they will surprise everyone, but U2 are creatures of habit so I'm very doubtful.

Unf. Fire is internet BS. I dont think its been worked on and I dont think its even on the bands radar currently. Sure that could change, but I think its extremely unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom