Interference tags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
I'm sure this has been discussed before but... who here thinks it would be a good idea to have Interference tags to recognize each other at the shows?

I know there are t-shirts, but I personally wouldn't wear an Interference t-shirt, that's a bit too much for me. A tag is more discreet but still cool to break the ice with other fans.

During Elevation I wore a Wire tag, and although I hesitated a bit before doing so, it ended up being a great idea, as I talked to way more people this way and it made the whole show experience a real social event...

I remember there were also some people around with Interference tags, with the screen name on it and all.

What do you all think?

I only saw a few. There were more people with Wire tags because it was the main way of communication among fans back then. The Interference forum was still quite new.

I designed the Wire tags in 2001 :) wheeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry had to brag a little....yeah I felt like kinda a dork wearing it...but I got the band to sign it which was cool!

What about a bracelet of some sort - The simple color of "blue crack". You won't feel like a dork wearing a bracelet

A bracelet is a great idea! I also sort of felt like a dork with my Wire tag, but at the same time I got to talk to many people that I wouldn't have without it, so it outweighted the dorkiness factor.

I LOVE the idea of a 'blue crack' colored bracelet. I think it should be big enough that you can see it well and possibly have your screen name on it. But yes, it would be more subtle and maybe more people would be willing to wear it.

The only problem with that is that it would be hard to make our own. The Wire tags were easy because you could just print it off the net and make your own. Not sure how that would work for a bracelet...

Last edited:
oceane said:
The only problem with that is that it would be hard to make our own. The Wire tags were easy because you could just print it off the net and make your own. Not sure how that would work for a bracelet...

Why not just a small piece of paper, held together by cellotape or a staple or something? Hey, it works as a bracelet, even if it's not exactly brilliant. Anyone can buy the appropriate paper and cut out a bracelet-sized portion or print off the appropriate colour and dimensions.

Though might a bracelet clash with the bracelets given out for GA?

Yeah, that could work. Something similar to the GA bracelets in fact. I don't think it could conflict with them, since most people put their two GA bracelets on the same wrist. We would just end up with a lot of bracelets (maybe also the ONE campaign ones) but that doesn't matter!

We would have to make sure they can be re-usable, however. They couldn't hold together with a staple necessarily.

Interference forums had been around for 4 years before the last tour started so no they wearnt new. I personally didnt see one person with either a Wire or Interference tag last tour, not that I was really looking for them anyway, because if they told me their name and I recognized them as a cry baby on places like these...who knows what I would have done! lol j/k

Back
Top Bottom