Interesting Post from Zootopia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I understand what you're saying now...it just seemed like you were knocking anyone that said they didn't like the album and saying that they didn't like JUST because everyone else did. That's the part I had a problem with...but it's all good.

Anyways the new album is good, like I said, just not up to par (strictly in my own terms) with their other stuff. It's good but just doesn't feel strong enough to me. Except for a couple of tracks, it feels like a whole ATYCLB B-sides album and, while I wasn't completely enthralled with it, it was a fresh new album that I could appreciate in relation to their other albums.

And also when I say a U2 album isn't up to par with their other stuff it still means it's better than most other junk out there :).

I personally think HTDAAB would be a whole lot better with Fast Cars/Xanax and Wine added (to all versions not just the Japanese version), the alternate version of All Because of You (which I think is mostly superior), Native Son instead of Vertigo (which is vastly superior in my opinion).

Also Yahweh either needs to be approved upon or dropped. It ALMOST soars but not quite.

Anyways I'm takin' this in a different direction now so I'll shut up.

Oh one more thing...I know this concert is gonna rock...I can't freakin' wait. I don't think I ever said that it wasn't gonna rock did I? And yes Live Music is for me...it's always ten times better than the albums! Whenever people ask me to make them U2 mix CD's I always put live versions on them as much as I can.

Hell I wouldn't have waited 22+ hours in line BOTH times I went to the Elevation Atlanta shows if I wasn't a fan of live music :).

I was also dressed up as the Fly too ...heh...man I looked stupid now that I think about it.

See, now you sound pumped. In your posts before, it sounded like you forgot about that to me.

Critisicm, fine. Cynicism, not fine.

When I hear Bono hit that high note in sometimes, it will move me. Most certainly. I just hope it's not too dusty in MSG if he pulls that off like we all know he can.

I just put the post up there before to keep it in perspective that most of us are going to get to see U2 in a month or two. Is any band in history as emotionally charged with their audience? Does the hair stand up on your arm when you think about the lights going down? It should.

I'll say this to any cynic: When you leave that show, if you felt that, if you sang along, if you danced your ass off, and if you were spent when you got home, don't come on here and badmouth the song selection the next day!

Well I probably didn't sound pumped because I wasn't even discussing the tour :). I was just referring to the way that some people think that we shouldn't criticise the band. I wasn't even mentioning the tour. As far as mentioning not liking the latest albums...that has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to see the tour. At least for me, because they have such a great catalogue of tracks.

And while I'm pumped it's gonna be late summer early Fall before I can go to a show so I'm probably not as pumped as those that get to see them THIS MONTH (DAMN YOU ALL!)

If all lyrics is the criterion for inclusion, then New Years Day has never been played live either . . .

So we are told this is the golden age
And gold is the reason for the wars we wage

sv said:
If all lyrics is the criterion for inclusion, then New Years Day has never been played live either . . .

So we are told this is the golden age
And gold is the reason for the wars we wage

Correct, but i guess the point can be made that they played the single version of NYD in their live shows.

"That they would ALL have postponed it all if they could have, but too much was on and in it and postponement rumors had more to do with that than Edge's family. He said some in the band and management were really lobbying for a total do-over of the American first leg sales."

Excuse the ignorance but what does this quote mean exactly?
:|

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
omg u2 sux i want my money back i cant believe this is really happening to me you mean they have to actually tour the album they just released!?!?!?!??!? u mean we wont hear as many songs as we have in the past from other tours!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? omg, i never would have guessed adding 7 songs to a setlist would drop 7, omg omg omg. i hate u2. :(

LIEK OGM U R SO RITE!!11 Y WOOD U2 PLAY SONGZ FRUM THERE NU ABLUM!!11 DAT MAEKS NO SINCE!!11// U2 R DUM!!11111/35

As opposed to starting another thread, here's another interesting post from Zootopia, supposedly about the soundcheck done during the 10 days they rehearsed in Mexico, (too good to pass up, if anything for the reactions):

U2 spent 10 days in Mexico last month for the start of their Vertigo Tour rehearsals:

ROSARITO ,FOX BAIA STUDIOS 19 FEBRUARY 2005 (morning soundcheck)
sometimas you can't make
a man and woman take 1 acoustic
a man and woman take 2 acoustic
a man and woman take 3 full band
a man and woman take 4 acoustic
all because of you take 1
all because of you take 2
unknow song acoustic
sometimes you can't make
staring at the sun
kite acoustic
gloria take 1 full band
gloria take 2 acoustic/full band

AFTERNOON SOUNDCHECK
one steep closer take 1
one steep closer take 2
one steep closer take 3
lemon take 1
lemon take 2
lemon take 3
lemon take 4
fast cars
lemon take 5
lemon take 6
fast cars
a celebration take 1
a celebration take 2
a celebration take 3
a celebration take 4
ROSARITO FOX BAIA STUDIOS 22 FEBRUARY 2005 REHEARSAL (AFTERNOON SESSION)
vertigo
all because of you
miracle drug
she's a mystery to me
with or without you
pride
staring at the sun
a man and woman
sometimes you can't make
new york
please
gloria (acoustic)
unknow song (acoustic)
fast car
beatiful day

Goodness...that last "rehearsal" post...

That would be amazing to even think of "Lemon", "A Celebration", "Gloria" or "Please (full band)" being played at the show I'm going to. Just 1 (ONE) of those would be a shock, much less make my night...

OK, so just going is making my night...

Quick question:
As far as that rehearsal list from Mexico, is the "Staring at the Sun" acoustic or full-band? I take it to be acoustic, except for the fact that other songs have an "acoustic" labeling...

A CELEBRATION?!?
:drool:

ok. I'm calm.
I like the idea of them playing Fast Cars, as well.

OH FUCK.

A Celebration AND Gloria?????????

Somebody pinch me. Am I alive? Will I drop fucking dead if they play those two songs and I'm in the building?

Or will I die if they play those two songs the night I'm NOT there?

i'm not gonna bitch about the setlist for the show i go too, i just want to hear these songs played live on bootlegs and stuff!

martha said:
OH FUCK.

A Celebration AND Gloria?????????

Somebody pinch me. Am I alive? Will I drop fucking dead if they play those two songs and I'm in the building?

Or will I die if they play those two songs the night I'm NOT there?

OMG!:ohmy: If this is at all true I am gonna piss my pants if I happen to be in the building while these songs are being played live!

If we are not there..well, at least we will have a bootleg of it not long after!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom