Institute to open remainder of December dates...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heinz-
at the Nov. 16 Tampa show, someone on the Institute forum gave this setlist:

-Seventh Wave
-Heat of Your Love
-Come on Over
-Everything Zen
-Boombox
-Bullet Proof Skin
-When Animals Attack
-Machinehead
-Information Age

I'm glad they announced these guys as an opener for the Cleveland show...I saw them play here at the HOB a few weeks ago and that was one hell of a show...my first U2 concert and a kick-ass opener, what could be better?

LATwins said:
Gavin's new band Spits! Not joking! In Detroit, we were front rail and the whole row was dodging their saliva. Just to warn everyone....

So nasty. :madspit:

Couldn't enjoy the music. so sad.

Yeah, its nasty, I feel sorry for the drummer, when the mian guy Threw his sweat every where, so when he wasn't spiting he was sweating, the floor was like a lake after the preformance

Gavin also rubbed his hand through his sweaty hand and hair

and shook a fan's hand...

moron

gavin is hot. the covers of Everthing Zen and Machine Head were really good. their new songs were energetic.

d33c427a.jpg

tampa, nov 16 2005

Yeah I've grown to appreciate Insititute now that I've seen them a few times, but damn that spitting thing is really gross.

I wish Damian Marley had a more open schedule. He was really entertaining.

Or Kanye, who I havent had the chance to see and likely wont :(

I know this sounds mean, but I hope Institute fails to make it any bigger than they are. After two Atlanta shows, I never want to hear them live again.

clifedge said:
I know this sounds mean, but I hope Institute fails to make it any bigger than they are. After two Atlanta shows, I never want to hear them live again.

agreed. they suck. it's not so much the sound as much as Gavin. horrible!!

Kings Of Leon > anyone else opening on this tour.

I am dreading seeing Institute. I never liked Bush at all in the first place.

I just remembered something..

Bono was introducing Larry at the Irving Plaza show and commented that he is a man so handsome he will never be let sing in this band. Yet they get a band that has that front man who's only real purpose is to distract women from their horrible lyrics and songwriting.

Just kidding, but seriously. WTF? :scratch:

macphisto07 said:
Kings Of Leon > anyone else opening on this tour.

Have you watched the DVD yet? Jake Berry sounds sooo sarcastic when he says "and here come the Kings Of Leon after their GREAT set!!"

and boy they didnt look like happy campers..

I doubt this 'exposure' has been all that great for them

Keane and Damian Marley get my vote for best openers in North America.

Everybody keeps drooling over Arcade Fire....we'll see....this is a pretty big gig for them....we'll see if they are up to it..

Yeah, the spitting was utterly disgusting. When they took the stage down to set up for U2, it was running down the floor panels. :barf:

At least he was nice to look at otherwise...

Back
Top Bottom