Institute to open for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theedge070

War Child
"We enjoy random. As U2 fans, we're gotten used to it.

So today comes news from POLLSTAR that former Bush lead singer and husband to Gwen Stefani, Gavin Rossdale's new band, Institute will open for U2 on the following dates:

Mon 10/24/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Tue 10/25/05 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills
Sun 11/13/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Mon 11/14/05 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
Wed 11/16/05 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
Fri 11/18/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Sat 11/19/05 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena"

-Interference homepage

So that fills in a number of other dates where the opening act was unknown.

Does anyone listen to Institute? What style are they? Do you think they'd fit within the context of the concert?

I think they're your average run of the mill Nickleback-ish rock band. I'm surprised at the news, but maybe Pollstar got confused. :shrug:

SHIT. i'm going to 8 shows this leg and i don't get Institute once! i like them better than all the other openers all together. shit, shit, shit.

this sucks. i was really hoping for a decent oepning act in atlanta. this is about the equivalent of having to sit through smash mouth or third eye blind. if they trhough in glycerine, i think i will be taking a well timed bathroom break.

jphelmet said:
the equivalent of having to sit through smash mouth or third eye blind.

hey hey heyheyheyheyhey

think about what you're saying here

i'm not a big rossdale fan myself, but to call anything smash mouth or third eye blind is just too much.

no one deserves that...

:wink:

i can't believe people are comparing Institute to Nickleback or third eyed blind or smash mouth.,...honestly songs like Ambulances, Boom Box, Save the Robots are better than anything those bands have ever done

Back
Top Bottom