Indoor arena tour of europe 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Portugal we have "Pavilhão Atlãntico". Wich means "Atlantic Arena" in English. It has a capacity up to 20.000 people.

That's 17 countries with indoor arena's we've got,but they'd probably do a few more,noteably france and spain i'd imagine

claytons edge said:
That's 17 countries with indoor arena's we've got,but they'd probably do a few more,noteably france and spain i'd imagine

Well, I've no idea of capacity, but Paris has the Palais Omnisports de Bercy (I hope I spelt that correctly!), which U2 have played in regularly over the years - I know they were there on Lovetown and Elevation.

Hi Christina! :wave:
Yet another Dane joins Interference, good to see :wink:

The topic: It won't happen. U2 have proved this summer that they are able to sell 100.000+ tickets in every city all over Europe. Why should they play to smaller crowds with much weaker revenues?

Almost all the Euro indoor venues you mentioned have about half the capacity or less of a North American arena. So I don't think it's goint to happen.

zwervers2 said:
In amsterdam we allready had 3 "indoor"shows

That stadium SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :madspit:

The concerts rocked though but that had more to do with the quality of the band that was playing and position I was during the concerts than the actual accoustiscs for the people who were sitting way back...:huh:

an indoorshow in europe would be cool though and some great outdoorshows in Australie and NZ for Axver and his buddies:wink:

Hey, I had very good accoustics way in the back during Amsterdam 3. In fact it was way better then hearing it close to the stage during Amsterdam 2. Then there was a nasty return echo, but way in the back, no echo.

prof_peabody said:
Almost all the Euro indoor venues you mentioned have about half the capacity or less of a North American arena. So I don't think it's goint to happen.

And that's the problem we have here in Europe!!! The band can't make enough money playing indoor in Europe...
It sucks, but it's the truth.... Our four Dublin friends do want to make a lot of money.....

Back
Top Bottom