In Praise of Bitch Lists...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'll just like to say, I enjoy the bitch list threads. I may have even started a few of my own (or contributed to them).

I think people miss the point.

I think we need a fun analogy. U2 is like the most beautiful woman a man has ever seen. But sometimes we don't like her outfits (songs).

We bitch about the setlists, not because we're upset or angry, but because we love U2.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish they played 40 songs a night, and that I choose the setlists. Oh, and yeah, can they perform in my apartment tonight?

But that's not going to happen.

If they walked on to stage and decided to play Michael Jackson's version of BAD, the crowd would love it. I would love it.

I think like most U2 fans, we would gladly listen to Bono singing the dictionary, however, what we would enjoy even more would be him to sing acrobat or red hill mining town.

So I say BITCH away. After all, all this bitching is in the name of love (sorry couldn't help myself).

- Matt
- Matt (just having fun like U2. twice is nice)

clerks said:
I'll just like to say, I enjoy the bitch list threads. I may have even started a few of my own (or contributed to them).

I think we need a fun analogy. U2 is like the most beautiful woman a man has ever seen. But sometimes we don't like her outfits (songs).

We bitch about the setlists, not because we're upset or angry, but because we love U2.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish they played 40 songs a night, and that I choose the setlists. Oh, and yeah, can they perform in my apartment tonight?

If they walked on to stage and decided to play Michael Jackson's version of BAD, the crowd would love it. I would love it.

I think like most U2 fans, we would gladly listen to Bono singing the dictionary, however, what we would enjoy even more would be him to sing acrobat or red hill mining town.

So I say BITCH away. After all, all this bitching is in the name of love (sorry couldn't help myself).

- Matt

:up: :applaud: :rockon: :bow: :wave:

clerks said:

- Matt

good post!!

Re: Re: In Praise of Bitch Lists...

zwervers2 said:

good post!!

maybe we can start a thread with comparrisson between U2 and a event or a girl you once loved etc...

U2 for me now would be that fantastic Italian restaurant my love and I have eaten a couple of times..everytime it was excellent!
last time we ate there it was good but nothing special..while the other times it was special. A couple next to us had almost the same meal and were like this is great!...So our diner was good but not so good as it used to be because a different chef was there..same meal but a lesser version...you still love the restaurant and the food but the ehhhh what the hell ever. I'm going outside:huh: :rockon: :rockon:

Re: Re: Re: In Praise of Bitch Lists...

zwervers2 said:

maybe we can start a thread with comparrisson between U2 and a event or a girl you once loved etc...

U2 for me now would be that fantastic Italian restaurant my love and I have eaten a couple of times..everytime it was excellent!
last time we ate there it was good but nothing special..while the other times it was special. A couple next to us had almost the same meal and were like this is great!...So our diner was good but not so good as it used to be because a different chef was there..same meal but a lesser version...you still love the restaurant and the food but the ehhhh what the hell ever. I'm going outside:huh: :rockon: :rockon:

Great way to analyse it!!!! I had 4 fantastic meals since May 21st (MSG). 1 of them was more oustanding than the others (Manchester 2)...excellent restaurant chain (in the shape of stadiums), brilliant chefs, amazing ambience, but I wouldn't have missed any of them for all the world...and I'll never forget them.

- Matt

Omigod! Everyone's saying things twice.
Omigod! Everyone's saying things twice.

clerks said:

- Matt

:up: :bow: excellent post!....excellent post!...:laugh:...

Can we complain about the people defending the people who complain about the people complaining about the set lists?

Complaint lodged!

that WAS fun...

Back
Top Bottom