IMO... it's NOT "ElevationTour" part2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
...from the pictures from Yahoo...

When you think about U2 tours... it's realy something special.
Think ZooTV - special, unique.
Think PopMart - special, unique.
Think Elevation - special, unique.

I was realy afraid that while thinking "V-tour", it would be like: "..oh, the one that looked like Elevation".
Wich would be bad, because they have a better album now, so the tour should also be unique for this album...

But now I'm not afraid. I realy like what I see...

How cool is having those flashing bulbs again behind Bono? (hint-PopMart)

I realy can't wait to see them... I'm just wondering how much bigger/better/more spectacular it will be in Europe on stadiums...:drool:

thats true

sandiego14.jpg

sandiego1.jpg

sandiego4.jpg

sandiego15.jpg

the lights make it look like a mini-popmart, aka popmart made for arenas :)

like I'm saying in my Vertigo = Elevation thread...

I do think it's round 2 of Elevation :'-(

The curtains are awesome in any case.

Oh, and what AtU2 isn't telling you is that there was a finger-painting session before "City of Blinding Lights."

Last edited:
just got back..... still in awe.

one observation though... no "Bad" (i hadn't seen the spoilers before tonights show) :(

also... Bono & the guys HARDLY used the damn catwalk. I think they used it more during the Elevation tour

shaun vox said:
tell me if this does not look like elevation !!!!!!!!
r587819357.jpg

hello hello?

r87947107.jpg

On PopMart there was the same "leg" from the stage to the b-stage as on ZooTv.
...but the tours were diferent...

So now there is a similar oval/egg-thing after the heart... so what?
The stage is not the same, the feel is "colder'(?)... it's diferent.

Now I'm afraid people will call it PopMart part 2...
...but Elevation-part2? NO!

Popmart was in no way the same as ZooTV!

Come on! When the first pictures of Popmart arrived from Las Vegas did you honestly think "Zoo-TV" at that moment?

Because when I see the pictures from San Diego now I really dó think Elevation :(

lets see pop mart had a giant screen , a mc arch, and a giant lemon that moved and opened etc>

ZOOtv did not have all that so ya its not the same/ zootv and pop are totally different!

now elevation and vertigo look alike!!!!!!!!

you people really need to stop worrying so much.
it's nothing like elevation part 2. there are some things that work the same, especially the stage.. but basically they took all the things i loved about popmart, zootv, and elevation, and mixed them up with some new stuff.

The performance is not the same. The songs are done very different. The music selection is COMPLETELY different. And the lighting is something that i can not describe.

What you see as "the same" is only realy just this "once heart, now egg" thing... but it's just for the band to be closer to the people, it's not part of the stage...

...and what I said about Zoo and PopMart is that they used the same way for the band to be closer to the people... just like Elevation and Vertigo is using the same way.

BUT, on elevation the heart was the only thing there... it was a stage... now this egg-thing is not. The stage is behind and above the band.

Axver said:

Could someone please tell me how that resembles Elevation in any way, shape, or form?
You abviously refer to the curtains? Remember New York and With Or Without You? They used curtain's there too on the Elevation tour... Only this time they are loaded with LED's...

shaun vox said:
we need a better pic of the stage???????

I think we do. And from different times. It's like when you have a pic of New York from Boston, and you don't see... i don't know... BTBS... Although, what is the same - is the same...:huh:

I thought the show was absolutely fantastic. One of the highlights for me was Love Peace or Else.

All of the new stuff sounded awesome. And the old stuff was fantastic.

Overall, I'm in awe. The time went by too fast.

How soon until May 21?:huh: :drool:

Oh and one more thing, forget about the stage. Honestly I was too overwhelmed by the music to even concern myself too much with it.

Last edited:
its that catwalk.. sure the lighting effects were cool... but they should have done away with it and done something new. Bono & Edge hardly used the damn thing anyways.. who knows, maybe later on down the line they might use it more often during the show.

ramblin rose said:
One of the highlights for me was Love Peace or Else.

yes.. i have to agree. That song should have been the opener. They should swap LPOE with City of Blinding Lights. Also.. how about Bono in that red jacket & ninja headband. :cool:

madonna said:

yes.. i have to agree. That song should have been the opener. They should swap LPOE with City of Blinding Lights. Also.. how about Bono in that red jacket & ninja headband. :cool:

I can't wait to upload my pictures tomorrow when I get home, God I hope those pictures with the ninja headband came out good.

ramblin' rose, you got it right! The music should be more important than any stage set up!!!!:wink:

As for them not using the catwalk enough, this is the first night of a VERY LONG tour. Need to conserve some energy, eh? They not getting any younger! :D

blueeyedgirl said:
ramblin' rose, you got it right! The music should be more important than any stage set up!!!!:wink:

Music is the most important thing in any kind of concert of course! But U2's own words are that when you are in the position of playing these large venues, you should do something special with them... The same point they made once for playing stadium's... This experience should be more then standing in the back of a concrete stadium on a muddy field with bad sound...

C'mon, people, this was the FIRST night. We should probably wait until we've seen a few more shows until we judge the tour as a whole. It's not like every single concert will be exactly the same. Things will evolve as the tour progresses (which is usually the case for U2 tours).

Seriously... No matter what U2 do, they'll never be able to please everyone. :huh: Someone posted how it was similar to Popmart, some aspects were similar to Zoo TV... the set list shake-up similar to Lovetown. Are those necessarily bad things? LOL

As for me, I'll just be happy to SEE them live for the first time. For all I care, Bono could read out of the phone book for 2 hours. LOL

Sorry for the mini-rant. I need to get some sleep. :wink:

Last edited:
Yes, igree. So many critics in here that cant fucking wait to knock U2. "This looks the same", "that looks simular" "dont like the look of that", "oohhhhh, someone saw bono in the dressing room and he had simular pants on from the joshua tree tour".
What the frigging fuck do you people want?? They have been doing this for over twenty years, just bear in mind that after so many shows, it must be pretty damn hard to think of new stuff. :huh:

NamelessStreets said:
Yes, igree. So many critics in here that cant fucking wait to knock U2. "This looks the same", "that looks simular" "dont like the look of that", "oohhhhh, someone saw bono in the dressing room and he had simular pants on from the joshua tree tour".
What the frigging fuck do you people want?? They have been doing this for over twenty years, just bear in mind that after so many shows, it must be pretty damn hard to think of new stuff. :huh:
I don't think there are any fan's here that wan't to knock U2 :-S

For me, I just think it compares to much with Elevation... I never éver had any critics on any of U2's tours... As I'm am not only a fan of U2, but their stage productions aswell...

I always used to say to friends.. "If you wan't to see a mindbogling show, see U2 once"... This time around all I can tell them is "If you wan't to see the best band in the world, go see U2"...

LPOE being a hightlight...

yes.. i would agree as well.

I just hated the curtains of light bulbs. From where we sat it became old very fast.

It was the same set design except for that.:down:

Last edited:
As i was expecting... this looks like Elevation Tour...

Even the clothes are the same, including the giant screens.

Wich is a shame... because it's more of the same, something that U2 always refused to do.

Let's hope the stage in stadiums will be a lot different and more spectacular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom