I'm the go-to person on U2 Laundry and the Dressing Room Cleaning Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Are you seriously asking me this question?

*1stOne adopts solemn expression*

Are you seriously asking me whether I'm seriously asking you this question?

1stOne said:

*1stOne adopts solemn expression*

Are you seriously asking me whether I'm seriously asking you this question?

Are your solemn expression and subsequent question both serious? :confused:

Axver said:

Are your solemn expression and subsequent question both serious? :confused:

THIS is serious.....:|

If the band members each have their U2 iPods set to shuffle in their dressing rooms (cleverly staying on topic) and all they have on is iTunes 'The Complete U2, 446 tracks', what are the chances of Vertigo (same version) playing twice?

1stOne said:

THIS is serious.....:|

If the band members each have their U2 iPods set to shuffle in their dressing rooms (cleverly staying on topic) and all they have on is iTunes 'The Complete U2, 446 tracks', what are the chances of Vertigo (same version) playing twice?

Not as good as the chances of it playing twice during one concert. You have a very good point here btw! LMAO.

longingforBono said:

Not as good as the chances of it playing twice during one concert. You have a very good point here btw! LMAO.

It happened to me last week, and I have tons of stuff on my iPod. I couldn't help LMAO.

Vertigo X 2 at all of my 5 shows last year. :huh:

To ouizy, whats the worst time you've had trouble like getting a stain off a piece of clothing? Oh and whose piece of clothing was it?

Thank You!

Ouizy...where are you? You invite us to come to you as you are the
'I'm the go-to person on U2 Laundry and the Dressing Room Cleaning Experience'
and you hardly darken these doors. Is your service postponed?

Ouizy, we know you're out there, clipboard in hand. Get yourself back into this thread or I'll report you for teasing. :rant:

U2 Beginner said:
To ouizy, whats the worst time you've had trouble like getting a stain off a piece of clothing? Oh and whose piece of clothing was it?

Thank You!

My bad - as you can imagine with the postponement of the remainder of the tour - there has been a lot less laundry to deal with.

All the supplies were shipped to NZ ahead of us getting there, and unfortunately some of us were left behind.

Literally.

After the last Buenos Aries show, I had a few too many thinking I would be getting on a plane the next day for NZ.

It turns out - I never even knew the tour was postponed because after that show, some witchdoctor lured me into a dark corner of Buenos Aries and the next thing I knew I woke up 3 days later naked in the jungle.

Enough about me thoug - i clammored my way back to town, hopped on a plane to NYC and am anxiously awaiting November to get over to NZ.

The answer to your question was - back in 92 one of Adam's Poptart T-shirts somehow got stuck under the lemon during one of the shows. As it was mounted on standard radial tires, the damn thing left a tire track across the shirt. Needless to say it was difficult to get out, but my magical mizture of lemon juice, propane, and liquid hydrogen did the trick.

As it does every time.

:wink:

1stOne said:
Ouizy...where are you? You invite us to come to you as you are the
'I'm the go-to person on U2 Laundry and the Dressing Room Cleaning Experience'
and you hardly darken these doors. Is your service postponed?

Here I am

:wave:

Read above as to where I have been.

Lila64 said:
Ouizy - plain or peanut M&Ms? What colors?

Neither - I do not know if you remember but a few years back on the west coast of the US Mars launched Caramel M&M's. Now most people do not know this, but they did. Well, the band fell in love with them - especially the Edge and they ordered a shitload of cases of these.

They remain in a chilled storage unit in Newark. This way the band can ship a couple cases here and there (US and Europe) with no big effort.

1stOne said:
Ouizy, we know you're out there, clipboard in hand. Get yourself back into this thread or I'll report you for teasing. :rant:

Cilpboard in hand pencil sharpened and ran across my tongue.

Any more questions.

I now have some time before Vertigo V4 re-starts, but I have been asked to join Pearl Jam on their upcoming tour, and then System of a Down for Ozzfest during this summer.

Different bands - same stinky laundry...

does running a pencil across your tongue really make it write better?

have you ever seen anyone do that in real life?

U2Girl1978 said:
Where, when and what time exactly do you initiate the washing of clothes?

Do you need more assistants?

We bring portable washers and set them up in a secluded parking lot behind the gig in a white tent.

We then dry them as fast as we can with those protable heater blowers.

If they are not totally dry before the next city, we sometimes tie the clothes to a line bhind the plane.

---Yes we do need assistants---

ouizy said:

We bring portable washers and set them up in a secluded parking lot behind the gig in a white tent.

We then dry them as fast as we can with those protable heater blowers.

If they are not totally dry before the next city, we sometimes tie the clothes to a line bhind the plane.

---Yes we do need assistants---

mmmmmmm..... well I sure hope your team is more efficient at turning up for work than you are turning up here. Of course, I understand that you will have been in turmoil over the last week or so.

Any perks for assistants?

Ouizy, How do you handle the leather? Those jackets have to be alive by now!! :eek:

1stOne said:

mmmmmmm..... well I sure hope your team is more efficient at turning up for work than you are turning up here. Of course, I understand that you will have been in turmoil over the last week or so.

Any perks for assistants?

I am here - what is your issue.

Where are you?

Perks for assistants =

-The obvious - dealing with the band's sweaty clothes
-The not so obvious - the bonuses and gifts the band gives to us.

In the past these have included a case of bolue rubber gloves, personalized (with initials) irons, and matching "Vertigo-to-go" headbands and handkerchiefs.

Reaolly sweet stuff.

Actually, Adam once gave one of my workers a can of orange spray paint as a gift to 'touch-up' some of the spots on some of his camo-pants...

SunBloc said:
Ouizy, How do you handle the leather? Those jackets have to be alive by now!! :eek:

The leather is actually handled very gently as those pesky Belgians make very fragile garments.

As a just in case precaution (and I am pretty sure most of you did not know this) - we keep an extra cow on tour. She has her own tourbus and in the very rear of the bus instead of a king sized bed, there is a small area for her to sleep and graze with hay, grass, and a big water tank...

ouizy said:

I am here - what is your issue.

Where are you?

Perks for assistants =

-The obvious - dealing with the band's sweaty clothes
-The not so obvious - the bonuses and gifts the band gives to us.

In the past these have included a case of bolue rubber gloves, personalized (with initials) irons, and matching "Vertigo-to-go" headbands and handkerchiefs.

Reaolly sweet stuff.

Actually, Adam once gave one of my workers a can of orange spray paint as a gift to 'touch-up' some of the spots on some of his camo-pants...

OMIGOD! You touched up Adam's pants? :ohmy:

Hey, were you the guy I saw outside MSG in May, with the picnic table, selling 'official' tour merchandise? Those $15 blue rubber gloves didn't even have the red target on AND they've gone straight in holes! My Vertigo-to-go headband was an instant hit though. E-v-e-r-ybody wants one. Shame about the orange splodges on it!

nbcrusader said:
Who is responsible for Bono's razor? The damn thing has been busted for years.

Bono does not tour with a razor - he prefers to go into salons in every other city and get a fresh professional shave.

Using only oils from the kokui nut of course...

1stOne said:

OMIGOD! You touched up Adam's pants? :ohmy:

Hey, were you the guy I saw outside MSG in May, with the picnic table, selling 'official' tour merchandise? Those $15 blue rubber gloves didn't even have the red target on AND they've gone straight in holes! My Vertigo-to-go headband was an instant hit though. E-v-e-r-ybody wants one. Shame about the orange splodges on it!

Yes - I personally touched them up - and yes I was the guy at the picnic table outside MSG in the rain.

Along with th eitems you mentioned, I was also selling fake NYC subway maps trying to direct tourists out of the city...

Lila64 said:
What's the most difficult stain to remove? And which member is the sloppiest?

The hardest stains are ALWAYS from Adam's pants. Not the ones he wears during the shows, but actually the ones he goes out to the clubs in after the shows.

That boy can party.

The sloppiest, by far is Bono.

ouizy said:

My bad - as you can imagine with the postponement of the remainder of the tour - there has been a lot less laundry to deal with.

All the supplies were shipped to NZ ahead of us getting there, and unfortunately some of us were left behind.

Literally.

After the last Buenos Aries show, I had a few too many thinking I would be getting on a plane the next day for NZ.

It turns out - I never even knew the tour was postponed because after that show, some witchdoctor lured me into a dark corner of Buenos Aries and the next thing I knew I woke up 3 days later naked in the jungle.

Enough about me thoug - i clammored my way back to town, hopped on a plane to NYC and am anxiously awaiting November to get over to NZ.

The answer to your question was - back in 92 one of Adam's Poptart T-shirts somehow got stuck under the lemon during one of the shows. As it was mounted on standard radial tires, the damn thing left a tire track across the shirt. Needless to say it was difficult to get out, but my magical mizture of lemon juice, propane, and liquid hydrogen did the trick.

As it does every time.

:wink:

Thank You!:)

Back
Top Bottom