"I'm Ready. . . Ready for the Acrobat!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*hopes and prays*

I cannot even begin to imagine what I'd do if they played that.

i guarantee they play acrobat this tour ... if they play into the heart, an cat dubh, zoo station, RTSS, etc. etc. it only makes sense to break out one of their classics, even it was never played live

questions for those at the show-- was Bono doing that dancing thing he did on Zoo tv when they played Zoo station?

maan this setlist SOOO calls for dirty day to return!! just after running to stand still would be :drool: :drool: :drool:

i've listened up to pride so far... this has sounded sooo awesome so far... seems as the audio sounds much better on my headphones for some reason though, really sounded like crap on my speakers

Last edited:
Acrobat would be a dream come true . . . hell, i would settle for Love is Blindness. I am sure everyone remembers how awesome Edge's solo was during Zoo TV. In fact, I am going to put on the Stay single right now to relive that.

I will never forget Ultravioletlight in Detroit for the Zoo TV tour.....if we're talking Acrobat....we gotta mention Ultravioletlight.

:bow:

bcrt2000 said:

i've listened up to pride so far... this has sounded sooo awesome so far... seems as the audio sounds much better on my headphones for some reason though, really sounded like crap on my speakers

:yes: I thought it was just me.

stories for boys

electric co

an cat dubh/into the heart

running to stand still

zoo station

this whole setlist was a dream come true!! these 7 songs are straigt out of a u2-fan story book!

MrBrau1 said:
Bono forgot almost every word to Zoo Station. I think he just tried to remember track names off AB and throw them in.

I thought the music sounded awesome during Zoo Station but I am disapointed with the lyrics. I hope he doesn't do this every night.

There's a new forum dedicated to tour audio and video. Lots of links there.

As for "Acrobat," I think the thing about that song is that you have to do it perfectly for it to work. The end-of-the-world guitar has to be totally fierce and unrelenting, the vocals have to have just the right mix of anger and desperation, the rhythm section has to be perfectly tight; I think that if you don't absolutely nail it, it wouldn't work at all.

MrBrau1 said:
Bono forgot almost every word to Zoo Station. I think he just tried to remember track names off AB and throw them in.

That's exactly what he did, and it's hilarious. Hell I bet he's got so many things going on in his head, all that came to mind were the 57 fans who requested they play Acrobat before the show or whatever.

I like to see the improv, Bono can be funny or nonsensical or both.

We will see if he truely forgot the lyrics next show or if he does the same lyrics tomorrow.

typhoon said:

As for "Acrobat," I think the thing about that song is that you have to do it perfectly for it to work. The end-of-the-world guitar has to be totally fierce and unrelenting, the vocals have to have just the right mix of anger and desperation, the rhythm section has to be perfectly tight; I think that if you don't absolutely nail it, it wouldn't work at all.

Very true.

"I'm ready"
"ready for the acrobat"
"I'm ready .........for the balls and the............bat"
"ready for the shuffle, ready for the zoo"
"ready to believe I got no bad disease"
"ready for what's next"

maybe he wrote those, maybe he didn't. I still think they are kinda funny. He defintely was scrambling on The Fly.

typhoon said:

Yup, found it about 30 seconds after I posted that message :wink: Thanks though, can't wait to listen to it!

Back
Top Bottom