"I'm not going to turn into Bono."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Mick Jagger admits he "was tempted" to perform the controversial "Sweet Neo Con" at the October 3rd show in Washington, D.C.: "But we only rehearsed it a couple of times. I thought, 'Oh, God, not now.'" He did have some fun at the expense of Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers. "She's had a busy week," he told the D.C. crowd. "She looked high, she looked low . . . she looked in the mirror and said, 'Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest judge of all?'

"I'm not going to turn into Bono," Jagger says of his stage raps. "I stick to a few jokes, wind 'em up a bit if they've got a football team that's lost."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...llingstones?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

i wish they'd play it just because I like the song, political or not. It's too bad that they wrote a political song like that, and now won't play it because it's political..?!?

Whatever. Still love them. They're just over-the-top crowd-pleasers.

Well Mick,
I think we can say that even if you decide to turn into Bono, you'll never get his credibility...

keith... mmmm...

I have in mind a wonderful pic Anton Corbijn took of him -- he's got one of the most interesting face I ever see

===========

If you're wondering if I am attracted by "old" people, the answer is YES. It's written in my stars. I have a weaknes for "maturity"

u2wedge said:
And let's hope that Bono never turns into Mick Jagger either...

mick jagger is in his 60s and stiill rocks out as hard as anyone. when i went to see the stones at giants stadium, mick was running around a hell of a lot more than bono does, at 20+ years his age, with a stage 3 times the size.

i think we should all be hoping that bono is capable of doing what mick does when he's 60.

Stones are still great live.

I hope Bono and Co. are still touring and rocking out like the Stones are when they are in their 60s:yes:

Bono is Bono, and Mick is Mick. :shrug:

:shrug: Wonder though what Stones' audience would think if they played Neo Con?

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
heck... mick sprinted... sprinted... from one end of the stage to the other at the end of the set. bono doesn't even run durring streets anymore.

Have you ever tried to run in high heels? Poor Bono's at a disadvantage....try running in those shoes and he's apt to break a leg. :wink:

indra said:

Have you ever tried to run in high heels? Poor Bono's at a disadvantage....try running in those shoes and he's apt to break a leg. :wink:

he does have quite high shoes doesn't he? I wonder how tall he really is without the shoes?

:shh:

I am going to Pittsburgh tommorow for the show. Just got a GA ticket now payed a little more then face but its worth it..... I am leaving philly at like 10 pm so I get there around 3 am and get in line.

lol I gave you a call the other night during the show... See I remember who the true U2 fans are and give them a little sound... Its ashame I called you before Bruce came on... That was amazing.

mick jagger is in his 60s and stiill rocks out as hard as anyone. when i went to see the stones at giants stadium, mick was running around a hell of a lot more than bono does, at 20+ years his age, with a stage 3 times the size.

i think we should all be hoping that bono is capable of doing what mick does when he's 60.

I was talking in terms of creativity... I haven't listened to a Stones disc in years, nor have I heard any song that would make me want to buy the new one. Sure the classics rock, that's a no brainer. But have they got anything new that even comes close, in terms of quality, to ATYCLB or HTDAAB?

Of course I'm hoping Bono's still running around the ellipse at 60! But that would make me 50 at that time... so I'm not in a big hurry...

Last edited:
I have a really good dvd of Mick behind the scenes. It shows him at home, interacting with all his kids and writing songs, recording, being an everyday kind of person and dad. It is really endearing.

lady luck said:
keith... mmmm...

I have in mind a wonderful pic Anton Corbijn took of him -- he's got one of the most interesting face I ever see

===========

If you're wondering if I am attracted by "old" people, the answer is YES. It's written in my stars. I have a weaknes for "maturity"

Same here, I think that is why I am totally nuts over Adam. Ever since he let his hair go silver I just cannot stop :drool:

u2wedge said:

I was talking in terms of creativity... I haven't listened to a Stones disc in years, nor have I heard any song that would make me want to buy the new one. Sure the classics rock, that's a no brainer. But have they got anything new that even comes close, in terms of quality, to ATYCLB or HTDAAB?

Of course I'm hoping Bono's still running around the ellipse at 60! But that would make me 50 at that time... so I'm not in a big hurry...

well you can't really count the stones new stuff against u2's new stuff... you have to count the stones stuff 20 years ago vs. u2's new stuff.

if u2 can put out a song like rough justice 20 years from now? i'll be a happy camper

well you can't really count the stones new stuff against u2's new stuff... you have to count the stones stuff 20 years ago vs. u2's new stuff.

if u2 can put out a song like rough justice 20 years from now? i'll be a happy camper

agreed. although I saw the Steel Wheels tour in 1989 and the Stones were then at a point in their career where U2 is today in theirs. The Stones haven't had a really big record since then, have they? I guess time will tell if U2 can keep it going, but I can't imagine them ever putting something out that was complete crap.

heck... mick sprinted... sprinted... from one end of the stage to the other at the end of the set. bono doesn't even run durring streets anymore.

OK, so he can run better than Bono, not a big deal to me.

Mick won't turn into Bono because he doesn't have Bono's depth and interests - doesn't make him any better or worse of a person, just different.

I hope Bono and U2 don't turn into the Stones -- the Stones tour looks more like a "401K Supplement Tour" to me.

If and when U2 pulls that crap, they jump the shark and I bail out.

Back
Top Bottom