I'm making a CD for my friends, and need a title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sindaddy

The Fly
I'm putting together a CD of U2 songs for my friends that will be going to the concerts with me. I need a title for this mix, but cant come up with a good one. Any suggestions for titles would be appreciated.

Into the Heart: The Best of U2
They've Finally Found What Their Looking For
The Musical Journey: The Best of U2
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Movin' in Mysterious Ways

are a few I thought of

All Because of U2: I Am
With or Without U2: I Can't Live
All I Want Is U2.
U2: The Original of the Species
U2: Out of Control

Everything You Know Is Wrong (yeah, not very original)
Into the Lemon

I dunno, I'm not good at these. Into the Lemon would be cool though if you wanted to make a mix showing their diversity and different eras. yknow Boy to Zooropa to the Bomb and everything. no? okay:wink:

A couple of song names you could use are U2: Always Forever Now or U2: Until The End Of The World.

unosdostres14 said:
All I Want Is U2.

Which is, incidentally, the title of the 10 January 1990 DVD I'm going to receive soon. :hyper: Lovetown goodness on film ... :drool:

Before U Verti GO-- OK, a little lame

Uno, Dos, Tres - Catorce!
subtitled The Official Countdown to Vertigo 2005

How about using a lyric from HTDAAB

I think this is close: "Blessings are not just for the ones that kneel" Long, yes; interesting..hmm maybe.

Those aren't great, sorry.

Needle_Chill said:
U2 Concert Prep For Dummies

(like the book series, not saying he's a dummy...:wink: )

Found What You Were Looking For

Last edited:
'Wild Irish Rose' (I know it's stolen)

'For Love Or Money?'

'This Is My Credo'

'How Long To Sing This Song?'

Even Better Than The Real Thing should be the name for the live album that follows it :wink:

I made a compilation for my boyfriend when we first started going out, so he could understand why I love the band so much and so he could understand the background of the band. I don't usually like the cheesy-sounding titles, so I just generically called it "A Crash Course on U2." AND I made him a guide to each of the songs on the compilation:

http://u2intotheheart.atspace.com/crashcourse.html

locomosquito said:
I made a compilation for my boyfriend when we first started going out, so he could understand why I love the band so much and so he could understand the background of the band. I don't usually like the cheesy-sounding titles, so I just generically called it "A Crash Course on U2." AND I made him a guide to each of the songs on the compilation:

http://u2intotheheart.atspace.com/crashcourse.html

hey, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your little description thing! when I'm bored in class, I usually think of what I'd say for each song on some kind of compilation thing. I usually pretend I'm making a CD for my dad who I wish would like them but unfortunately secretly hates them I suspect, although he won't say it to my face. wow I'm a loser:huh:

anyway, just glad to see I'm not the only one who picked up on the weird sexual abuse themes. Twilight, anyone?:eyebrow:

VertigoGal said:

hey, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your little description thing! when I'm bored in class, I usually think of what I'd say for each song on some kind of compilation thing. I usually pretend I'm making a CD for my dad who I wish would like them but unfortunately secretly hates them I suspect, although he won't say it to my face. wow I'm a loser:huh:

anyway, just glad to see I'm not the only one who picked up on the weird sexual abuse themes. Twilight, anyone?:eyebrow:

Why, thank you! Yeah, according to many, I know way too much about the band. And in order for anyone to get close to me, they must share my love for Evans et al.!

Also, I tend to be pretty naive, so I wouldn't even have noticed the sexual abuse theme if I hadn't read it in one of the books on U2. Another thing I wouldn't have noticed otherwise: the many references to oral or gay sex on Achtung. :silent:

locomosquito said:

Why, thank you! Yeah, according to many, I know way too much about the band. And in order for anyone to get close to me, they must share my love for Evans et al.!

Also, I tend to be pretty naive, so I wouldn't even have noticed the sexual abuse theme if I hadn't read it in one of the books on U2. Another thing I wouldn't have noticed otherwise: the many references to oral or gay sex on Achtung. :silent:

yep, I try not to be a celebrity-obsessor, but I like going to songmeanings.com and other sites like that and stuffing my head with random useless stories behind like all of their songs, lol

about Boy, I actually only noticed that in Twilight and I guess the album cover (altho that probably just symbolizes innocence)...didn't know that was censored in the US. That's kind of dumb...

anyway, did this book mention any other songs referencing abuse?:eyebrow: interesting....

I'm actually pretty naive myself too, so I learned a lot from that thread in the lyrics section about sexual meanings in their lyrics. such as what a "saltwater kiss" is, and that "if you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel" is actually about oral sex, not saying "if you don't pray, you're going straight to hell, mofo!"...who knew? personally I like the oral sex explaination better:wink:

what book were you reading? I really wanna secretly buy a U2 book and drool over every stupid detail and contemplate the deeper meaning behind every song...but I'd never ask my dad to take me shopping for a U2 book, he'd laugh at me:sad: :wink: which book was it though? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom