If Boston is so nuts about U2, why didn't they film the DVD there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hpantazo said:
p.s. Montreal sucks, you guys are lucky they played there at all.

Why are threads on this topic always ruined by stupid, immature, hateful comments like the one I just quoted? :|

Aaaanyway, U2 could quite easily film a whole range of shows. Anyone here remember Rattle And Hum? Cameras out for the whole third leg of the Joshua Tree Tour. And the way technology's going, you could soon stick tiny, remote-controlled cameras all over the arena/stadium at minimal expense, capturing the show in the quality we're used to. Nothing hindering the band, no huge bloody production to interfere with the show, and you could film the entire tour easily.

I reckon the money thing to do would have been to at the very least made the Vertigo DVD a double whammy with both the Chicago Arena and the Milan Stadium shows.

I reckon the ultra "This is 2005! Get with it!" thing would have been the above, plus one Sth American show and one Australasian show.

And...

Boston DVD>>>Chicago DVD

Axver said:

Why are threads on this topic always ruined by stupid, immature, hateful comments like the one I just quoted? :|

If the title of the thread is immature to begin with then don't expect anything less in the replies. I'm sick of all of these ignorant people saying "the DVD in boston/chicago sucks, if they filmed it in my sad town it would have been the best". Grow up, boston and chicago are unique U2 cities, that's the way it's been for 20 years and that's the way it will be. If you got to experience who a u2 concert is when they film it for a DVD you would see the difference in the way the band approaches the show. Get on an aiplane or a bus and see U2 in chicago and boston and enjoy it.

I've seen U2 play these Cities:

New Haven, CT
Hartford, CT
Albany, NY
East Rutherford, NJ
New York
Boston
Miami (My Mammy)
Tampa
Foxboro, MA

I am convinced that U2 REALLY loves Boston.... They seem to catch the Vibe that the boston Fans create and just rock out.
As evidenced by the Sunday night show. UNFU:censored: kingBelievable. And the next night the crowd was so loud a few times Bono just stopped either singing or walking and just looked around. There were people around me that were covering their ears from the crowd noise.

u2 is loved in/and in love with many, many cities.

i would agree both the boston and chicago dvds do not portray those audiences as being as enthusiastic as one would expect. but having seen several u2 shows in boston, it is apparent that there is something special between u2 and boston. maybe i'll have to go see u2 in every single city they play and then give a proper report on who u2 loves the most, and vice versa.

but really, it is not a competition, is it?

Have you people lost your mind?? The Boston DVD from Elevation could be the best concert DVD ever produced by any band. It is truly epic.

You people have lost your mind. How anyone could have a bad word to say about the Boston DVD is beyond me.

You're probably the same people that think Zooropa was a good CD. Except for the song Zooropa, that piece of trash CD could be the worst CD ever released by any band.

the worst by ANY band? No why do I think that is just a slight exageration? Have you ever listened to a Backstreet Boys CD? Yup I bought one and I am sooooo ashamed:sick: :sick: Give me "Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car" anyday!!

WalkOnTheEdge said:
Have you people lost your mind?? The Boston DVD from Elevation could be the best concert DVD ever produced by any band. It is truly epic.

You people have lost your mind. How anyone could have a bad word to say about the Boston DVD is beyond me.

You're probably the same people that think Zooropa was a good CD. Except for the song Zooropa, that piece of trash CD could be the worst CD ever released by any band.

Please tell me you're joking.

GibsonGirl said:

Please tell me you're joking.

Not joking at all. I own about 20 concert DVD's by a whole array of bands and within the first 10 minutes of the Boston DVD I knew I was seeing the kind of quality I'd never seen before.

The overall directing and production of that concert is outstanding. I challenge you to find a better production of a song than 'Streets' on Boston. The Director nailed it better than I've ever seen a song nailed on any concert DVD. It's a lesson on how to produce a concert DVD.

As for Zooropa, don't get me started. That was a bad experiment with horrific results. Hell, I have more respect for Van Halen 3 with Gary Cherone singing.....and there are few CD's worse than Van Halen 3.

Back
Top Bottom