IALW, Fast Cars & now Discotheque…? $%#!!! It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually whats happening is each night U2 is randomly drawing one of the entries from the U2.com trivia contest and playing the song that the person asked for.
Night one was Fast Cars and tonight is Discotheque.
Unfortunately for Chizip, all the Dirty Day entries were disqualified.

As much as I regret having to let go of my 3rd leg tickets, I still feel like the luckiest U2 fan to of heard/saw Gloria/The Ocean/Electric Co./An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and Bad on the 1st leg. I hope Fast Cars sticks around.

Rubbersuit said:
I'm going to add a rant of my own.

**U2 is not a jam band**

U2 puts on a great show, but it's highly choreographed...
Agreed - they are not a jam band, and I don't want them to be.

**U2 is not a jukebox**

**U2 is a treasure**

U2 is one of the greatest rock and roll band ever! [/B]

Agreed, I do treasure every moment.

My advice is to work on changing your expectations of U2. Understand who they are and what they are trying to do. Enjoy the shows and if you have complaints about the setlist, please, please keep them to yourself. [/B]

Disagree - that's what a forum is all about -- expressing an opinion -- I read these posts, chime in when I'm compelled, and state my opinion. IMO it's OK to vent a little curiosity and frustration once in a while -- my point was / attempted to be simple - a song like IALW, which many have heard from the previoius tour, should probably not displace a song like Crumbs, a relatively popular track on the new album that has not debuted live yet.

Plus, I just don't get adding Fast Cars to the setlist -- if the band thought it was that great of a song, it would have been on all versions of the material sold - not a throw in bonus track.

It makes little sense to me, but as I tried to suggest, I'll still show up and sing along, twice more this year.

Back
Top Bottom